Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 'couldn't connect to the update service' problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 'couldn't connect to the update service' problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I run Windows 10 Update check, I get a message that says 'couldn't connect to the update service'. I tried running 'sfc /scannow' which was all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by imacken, Dec 4, 2017.

1. imacken Win User

Windows 10 Update 'couldn't connect to the update service' problem

When I run Windows 10 Update check, I get a message that says 'couldn't connect to the update service'.
    I tried running 'sfc /scannow' which was all OK, and I removed the 'Windows\Software Disrtibution' folder, but no luck. I also tried the 'Windows Update' troubleshooter which just gets stuck on 'checking for pending restart'.
    Any ideas on what else I can try?

:)

imacken, Dec 4, 2017

2. windows 10 update problem

I just buy new dell laptop core intel i3 -7100u processer. All software installed but stopped in updating windows 10 when it started. How can I solve this problem ?

Regards

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

window 10 update problem, Dec 4, 2017
  3. brake16 Win User
    Windows update couldn't connect to the service

New laptop with Win10 64bit

I haven't been able to update windows or download any apps from the Store. I'm getting the error "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."
    My unlimited internet connection works just fine. I have tried the following:

1. Windows 10 Windows Update troubleshooter. It claims that it found that "Windows Update components must be repaired" and indicates with a green checkmark and the word "Fixed" that the problem is taken care of. It's not.

2. Performed a full reset of Windows updates.

3. I have uninstalled antivirus software.

4. I ran SFC /scannow. Allegedly several items were fixed, and some were not. I still have the log file generated.

5. I turned WiFi automatic Proxy off.

6. I'm using OpenDNS' DNS servers.

I'm open to suggestions.

Bryce

brake16, Dec 4, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 4, 2017
  5. imacken Win User
    Thanks for your usual very quick reply, Brink. I ran the batch file, but error is the same, unfortunately.

imacken, Dec 4, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 4, 2017
  7. imacken Win User
    OK, everything was going OK until Step 9 in your 'Repair Install...' tutorial.
    Just gets stuck on 'Checking for updates'! I've waited about 30 mins, and it just says 'Checking for updates'!

imacken, Dec 4, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

If you have any hard drive activity, it would be best to let it sit until finished. Sometimes it can take a long time when there's corruption.

Brink, Dec 4, 2017
  9. imacken Win User
    OK, good news, the update and the repair install all went well, and I can now see windows updates again! Thanks - as always - for your invaluable help.

imacken, Dec 4, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad to hear it's all fixed now. *Party

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update 'couldn't connect to the update service' problem - Similar Threads - Update 'couldn't connect

2. Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service: Hi, I get this message and I have tried all that I know to do. Can someone help. me?We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet....
  3. Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service: Hi, I get this message and I have tried all that I know to do. Can someone help. me?We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet....
  4. Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update not working-We couldn't connect to the update service.

Windows Update not working-We couldn't connect to the update service.: Hello, I can't update my computer, and it pops up with this message when I try to update it. It shows this message We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.I'm...
  6. Windows Update not working-We couldn't connect to the update service.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update not working-We couldn't connect to the update service.: Hello, I can't update my computer, and it pops up with this message when I try to update it. It shows this message We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.I'm...
  7. "We couldn't connect to the update service..."

"We couldn't connect to the update service...": I realize that this has been posted many many times before. Posting it again because I have read every single one of those posts and tried every suggestion. at least 2 dozen of them anyway My HP Z book Windows 10 professional hasn't updated since January 19th. If I...
  8. update: "We couldn't connect to the update service"

update: "We couldn't connect to the update service": I've been unsuccessfully running Windows Update, and continue to get the error message, "We couldn't connect to the update service." I am online with a fast internet connection....
  9. Windows Update responds with "We couldn't connect to the update service..."

Windows Update responds with "We couldn't connect to the update service...": Hi, I was having some issues with my computer and was recommended here to get the latest MediaCreation tool and choose to upgrade now while keeping apps and files in place. I tried it but after the upgrade I wasn't able to connect to Windows Update. So I again used the...
  10. Update Service "we couldn't connect to the update service"

Update Service "we couldn't connect to the update service": Hi, I need help with the above error. System spec is OptiPlex 760 (32 bit X64) running windows 10 Pro version 1809. OS build 17763.292. I was happily running the above build up till the end of January with no issues. Updates were being loaded automatically and apps were...