Windows 10: Windows 10 update failed and left computer in a loop

Discus and support Windows 10 update failed and left computer in a loop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; TODAY, November 8th 2017, my computer automatically tried to install a Windows 10 update (do not know the version, but it said that it would make the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Doctorovich, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Windows 10 update failed and left computer in a loop

TODAY, November 8th 2017, my computer automatically tried to install a Windows 10 update (do not know the version, but it said that it would make the computer safer for online use). The computer was displaying that the installation could take several minutes... after 4 hours! (it is a fast i5 laptop with a solid state hard drive).
    So I decided to turn the computer off. When I turn it on and try to login, it gets into a loop that shows only the lower windows bar blinking.
    I do not know what to do. I tried restarting several times, with no luck.
    *Mad

:)

Doctorovich, Nov 7, 2017
  2. Jan3d Win User

update stuck in infinite loop

My computer automatically updated to Windows 10 from 7. Ever since, anytime an update comes through, it gets stuck in an infinite loop. It appears that a HP printer update is failing, but I don't know if that's what's causing the loop. How can I eliminate
    that update, to see if future updates will continue as they should?

Jan3d, Nov 7, 2017
  3. Computer stuck in loop after failed update

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected Error. Windows Installation cannot proceed,. To install Window, click “OK” to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

and every time I hit "Ok" its in a loop of it, any tips would bee great, its a i7 windows 10 4 gb, I dot know exact specs of it

My computer is in a endless loop- Original Title

niccosgrove, Nov 7, 2017
  4. Windows 10 update failed and left computer in a loop

Hi Doctorovich. Welcome to the Tenforums @Doctorovich

First you need to get your data safely off device. This boot disk will allow you to boot and use Windows tools to accomplish.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Once that is done you can go back to boot from device SSD. If you force to the boot to fail, see spinning dots and force power off, two times, the third boot should bring up the Advance Startup Option.

You might try "Go back to the previous build" you will see in screen shots.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

You might also try the "StartUp Repair"

I think you are going to be into a clean install.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

You may wish to get other suggestions. Please get your data backed up. Of note I'm updating my wife's i5, no ssd. Since the download completed it has been running 5 hours, you will see others reporting way in excess of this.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 7, 2017
  5. Ken

Many MANY thanks!
    I went to Advance Startup and performed a repair, and it worked! The computer is running now!

Should I run system restore just in case?
    And... should I try to install the Win 10 update manually? Or better not?

Best
    Fabio

Doctorovich, Nov 8, 2017
  6. Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update failed and left computer in a loop

1. Windows 10 update failed and left computer in a loop - Similar Threads - update failed left

2. Failed windows 10 update forcing into a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed windows 10 update forcing into a loop: Hello,I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310 that got stuck on an update from 2019,once the update was downloaded i would let it install but the installation stayed ongoing for 3 days straight then it proceeded to attempt to restart i don't recall if that happened or if i manually shut...
  3. Failed windows 10 update forcing into a loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed windows 10 update forcing into a loop: Hello,I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310 that got stuck on an update from 2019,once the update was downloaded i would let it install but the installation stayed ongoing for 3 days straight then it proceeded to attempt to restart i don't recall if that happened or if i manually shut...
  4. Failed windows 10 update forcing into a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Feature Update - Failing Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Feature Update - Failing Loop: Hello,We are having some issues with a large number of our devices which fail to install the 20H2 Feature Update from 1909 they go around on what seems to be a continuous loop. The devices are within a health organisation as such some clinical systems only support up to 20H2...
  6. Windows 10 Feature Update - Failing Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Feature Update - Failing Loop: Hello,We are having some issues with a large number of our devices which fail to install the 20H2 Feature Update from 1909 they go around on what seems to be a continuous loop. The devices are within a health organisation as such some clinical systems only support up to 20H2...
  7. Windows 10 Feature Update - Failing Loop

8. The update left my laptop in a loop

The update left my laptop in a loop: I was unable to get automatic updates to work on my laptop so I used the Windows update assistance program and everything seemed to be working fine. After "update and restart" it is stuck in a loop. Displays the HP logo, then the Windows logo with a rotating circle, then...
  9. Computer Stuck In Reboot Loop After Failed Windows 10 Update

Computer Stuck In Reboot Loop After Failed Windows 10 Update: I had a Windows 10 update on my computer yesterday and it couldn't complete fully. After, it was stuck on a blank screen, so I shut the power off on my computer. This caused my computer to restart over and over again. It will show the windows logo then showing on my screen...
  10. Windows update left laptop in boot loop

Windows update left laptop in boot loop: I wasn't able to get automatic updates to work on my hp elitebook 6930p so i downloaded the windows update assist program and everything seemed to be working well. After "update and restart" it's stuck in a loop. Shows hp logo then the windows logo with spinning circle, then...