Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Fails to update driver for AMS Radeon HD 7340 Driver

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Fails to update driver for AMS Radeon HD 7340 Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been going around in circles with this so any help greatly appreciated. I recently did a Windows 10 Clean Install and everything fine except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveBentleyLFC, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Update Fails to update driver for AMS Radeon HD 7340 Driver

I have been going around in circles with this so any help greatly appreciated.

I recently did a Windows 10 Clean Install and everything fine except for my display. Initially Device Manager indicated I had a basic Microsoft Driver for my monitor. That's no good as I can't adjust brightness etc.

Initially I thought the solution was to download the beta AMD Catalyst Control Centre but their community support tell me to let Windows Update do it once I uninstall the AMD CCC. I have done that but Windows Update refuses to find an updated driver. Here is a screenshot of the result of the Windows 10 update:

Windows 10 Update Fails to update driver for AMS Radeon HD 7340 Driver [​IMG]

It appears it was successfully installed on 02/08/2018 but if it was, the display wasn't working then. Then today 13/08/2018 you can see the last failed attempt with the error code shown.

I have run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and the Hardware/Devices Troubleshooter and nothing can detect what the issue is.

This is my laptop:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-G73G0E9
    System Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
    System Model 355V4C/355V4X/355V5C/355V5X/356V4C/356V4X/356V5C/356V5X/3445VC/3
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU P03AAO.028.CP
    Processor AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P03AAO, 29/01/2013
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Embedded Controller Version 3.00
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
    BaseBoard Model Not Available
    BaseBoard Name Base Board
    Platform Role Mobile
    Secure Boot State Off
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.1"
    User Name DESKTOP-G73G0E9\Steve Bentley
    Time Zone Malay Peninsula Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 11.6 GB
    Available Physical Memory 9.03 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 13.3 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 10.6 GB
    Page File Space 1.75 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

SteveBentleyLFC, Aug 13, 2018

2. Get Windows 10 Update states "AMD Radeon HD 7340 graphics" not fully compatible with windows 10

Strange the Get Windows 10 app never told me that the Radeon 7340 is not compatible with Windows 10. I am now on Windows 10 and having tons of problems with video playback (in many different applications) and the AMD autodetect software says it can't
    find a driver for this card. Tried to manually install latest Windows 10 Catalyst driver which includes HD 7000 series, everything updated except the display driver. So what should I do, go back to Windows 7........

Eric Provencal, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Driver Error AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000

ok, it didn't work after all. windows update has seemingly installed another
    driver update for my amd mobility radeon hd 5000, this time breaking it again.

i tried what you suggested step by step, but that didn't work either. I'll try it again with running a win 7 driver in compatibility between steps two and three and keep you posted on the results.

WanjaLeuthold, Aug 13, 2018
  4. dbat Win User

Windows 10 Update Fails to update driver for AMS Radeon HD 7340 Driver

Loss of screen resolution following driver update for ATI Radeon HD 4200

Today Windows 10 update offered to install "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for ATI Radeon HD 4200". After the installation I am no longer able to select the proper screen resolution from the Display settings. The display uses a lower resolution
    and says it is using the Microsoft basic display driver. Switching to Device manager, however, shows the Ati Radeon HD 4200 in the Display Adapters section.

Any suggestions how to fix the screen resolution will be appreciated.

Thema:

Windows 10 Update Fails to update driver for AMS Radeon HD 7340 Driver

1. Windows 10 Update Fails to update driver for AMS Radeon HD 7340 Driver - Similar Threads - Update Fails update

2. AMD Radeon Drivers not gtting updated in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon Drivers not gtting updated in windows 10: I am trying to update my AMD Radeon M430 but the device manager shows that the best version is already installed. However, the version I have currently installed in from 2016. I have tried downloading and running the update manually but it still shows that the old drivers are...
  3. Driver Update Issue - AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series

Driver Update Issue - AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series: Greetings Guys, Myself Anish, I am facing an issue while updating my Display Adaptors - AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series. OS System reboots with a Blue Screen of Death. It works well when i disable It. Can Anyone help me to rid off from this Annoying Process. Regards,...
  4. ATI Radeon HD lost driver in update

ATI Radeon HD lost driver in update: ATI Radeon HD lost 1920 screen res on last Win 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ati-radeon-hd-lost-driver-in-update/1efbea73-9119-4e05-b1eb-456df2726dc3
  5. AMD Radeon HD 7340 causes Windows 10 to freeze while booting

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon HD 7340 causes Windows 10 to freeze while booting: Hi, I have a Packard Bell iMedia S, with and AMD E2-1800 processor, and AMD Radeon HD 7340 graphics. My problem is that Windows 10 will get stuck on the loading screen when it uses onboard graphics. I tried installing Windows 10 with the onboard graphics, and got stuck...
  6. AMD Radeon HD 6300M update failed to install windows 10

AMD Radeon HD 6300M update failed to install windows 10: In my history of updates it shows that on 7th October the update for AMD Radeon HD 6300M failed to install. Is there anything I can do or just wait to see if it tries again. 25883
  7. Windows 10 Creators update - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 driver issues

Windows 10 Creators update - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 driver issues: Hello community! I have upgraded my Vaio to Windows 10 Aniversary update earlier this year and had some troubles with the GPU drivers - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. After many tries and searches I have managed to find a functional driver, version 8.723.8.2000 from Vaio...
  8. Best driver for radeon HD 5770?

Best driver for radeon HD 5770?: I am hoping to get help and advice from the Ten Forum on a problem with my Dell XPS 435t/9000 and the Radeon 5770 video card. I have had this for quite a while and have kept it up to date. I have a 512 GB SSD for C: and a 1 TB hard drive on D:. I also have two DVD writers and...
  9. Intel HD Graphics Driver Update Failed

Intel HD Graphics Driver Update Failed: Product Name: HP ENVY DESKTOP 750 124 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) HP Support Assistiant Action Log reported an update was needed for th Intel HD Graphics Driver.* Upon exectucting the update a message box indicates "A seperate installer has lauched....
  10. Radeon HD 7500 driver not compatible with Windows 10

Radeon HD 7500 driver not compatible with Windows 10: ...which I've already installed on my Dell xps 8700. Now what? thanks, Susan 47596

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd radeon hd 7340 graphics unsupported

2. amd 7340 graphics not supported windows 10

3. radeon hd 7340 windows 10 compatibility

4. amd radeon hd 7340 not compatible with windows 10,
  5. can radeon hd 7340 upgrade to crimson,
  6. windows 10 ams 500 driver not signed error