Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Failures-Immediate Reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Failures-Immediate Reboot in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've been trying to update to insider build 14342. My system shuts down and reboots normally for the update, but after the spinning cursor, I see what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MadCabbit, May 23, 2016.

1. MadCabbit Win User

Windows 10 Update Failures-Immediate Reboot

I've been trying to update to insider build 14342. My system shuts down and reboots normally for the update, but after the spinning cursor, I see what appears to be a command prompt on a blue screen flash briefly, then what appears to be the normal progress dialog for the update flashes for a split second before my machine reboots back to the welcome screen. I tried the steps involving shutting down the WU and related services, renaming SoftwareDistribution and catroot2 and bringing the services back up. I also tried the downloadable windows update troubleshooter and the built in troubleshooter, which both detect that "Service registration is missing or corrupt". The built-in troubleshooter says it fixes the problem, but it keeps coming back up when run again.

Windows 10 Update Failures-Immediate Reboot [​IMG]

After trying this, windows update started giving me errors 0x8007007a and 0x8000ffff, but rebooting and trying to update a couple more times got past that, but I still end up with my system rebooting immediately after the install starts as per my initial problem. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

MadCabbit, May 23, 2016

2. Bluestacks Stopped Working after Anniversary update

For me it did not work. Running Surface Pro 4 and after Windows 10 Anniversary update my tablet crash with immediate reboot. Uninstall worked. Then reinstall fails around 10% with again immediate reboot of tablet . loks like a driver issue causing hard reboot.

I run Hyper-v. I had it disabled with bcdedit but no change.

stephane scherrer, May 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 immediate infinite reboot loop on startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

This may cause by faulty drivers, I suggest you to refer to the section
    Windows Setup in continuous reboot loop
    and the resolution given for this error by Andre Da Costa and check if it helps:

How to: Troubleshoot Common Setup and Stop Errors During Windows 10 Installation

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 23, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Failures-Immediate Reboot

1. Windows 10 Update Failures-Immediate Reboot - Similar Threads - Update Failures Immediate

2. WINDOWS 10 Issue - reboots immediately after PIN entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 Issue - reboots immediately after PIN entry: After installing the Nov Windows 10 Update, windows now reboots after I enter PIN'I have run SFC, DISM, and CHKDSK as well as STARTUP REPAIR without clearing the problemI can run in Safe modeDoing a new install of Windows 10 does not clear problemSystem Error log reports...
  3. WINDOWS 10 Issue - reboots immediately after PIN entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 10 Issue - reboots immediately after PIN entry: After installing the Nov Windows 10 Update, windows now reboots after I enter PIN'I have run SFC, DISM, and CHKDSK as well as STARTUP REPAIR without clearing the problemI can run in Safe modeDoing a new install of Windows 10 does not clear problemSystem Error log reports...
  4. WINDOWS 10 Issue - reboots immediately after PIN entry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Update failure + Update Troubleshooter failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update failure + Update Troubleshooter failure: Windows 10 Update failure - now all I have are Update Error 0x800f0831 AND now after running the Update Troubleshooter as recommended by Microsoft a blue screen with the message “Getting Windows ready Don’t turn off you computer” for the last 60+ minutes on a frozen laptop.I...
  6. Hibernate immediately reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate immediately reboots: Strange but true - one of my systems will hibernate, sit there for a few moments and then comes back up again. Windows 10 Version 2004 How on earth to fix? David 161446
  7. Reboot failure

Reboot failure: I cannot get my older laptop to reboot. Upon reboot I get the following message: The operating system did not shut down cleanly. Reconstructing Cache Metadate. Please do not interrupt this process. Eventually I get the rotating dots and it adds: Preparing Automatic...
  8. Random Immediate Reboot no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Immediate Reboot no BSOD: There doesn't seem to be a rhythm, I could be playing a game or surfing the web and my PC will sometimes freeze for a second, then reboot, other times it'll simply reboot. Couple things to note: I have a RAM overclock (hasn't had errors with Karhu up to 4000%) I have a GPU...
  9. Reboot failure in windows 10

Reboot failure in windows 10: Help! My 6 month old Lenovo Ideapad 320-14/AP has consistently refused to upgrade to Windows10 version 1803. It does still update 1709. While operating, it suddenly announced that a re-boot was required. However, that failed. I got a message declaring that "Default boot...
  10. Update leads to reboots, failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update leads to reboots, failure: The latest Win 10 update (from about 8/12) has really hosed me. Every morning the computer tries to install it, fails, and then removes the update. No error codes. This take about six reboots and half an hour. Never ran into this before. I'm about to roll back to Win 7 if I...