Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Freeze

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Freeze in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've just done a Win 10 install on a clean hard drive. No problems with the install, but when I try to update, it freezes on downloading x% complete. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Atom1, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Atom1 Win User

Windows 10 Update Freeze

I've just done a Win 10 install on a clean hard drive. No problems with the install, but when I try to update, it freezes on downloading x% complete. I found an update utility "SpeedyFixer", which I found searching this forum. It also hangs on trying to update Windows. This computer has only one purpose; to run a specific application. Some Windows updates are known to cause the application to fail, so it's important to me to get the latest updates (and future updates). I will be sending this computer to another person to use, so I need to get this fixed before I can send it off. What to do?

:)

Atom1, Jan 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Jan 19, 2018
  3. How to Install Windows 10 on Devices with Limited Space

Even though I have an external device with more than 40 Gb capacity and the assistant recognizes it, it still keeps asking me to free 5 more Gb from the (unit CWindows 10 Update Freeze :).

I have 3'62 Gb free memory in (Unit CWindows 10 Update Freeze :). It asks me to free 5'63 Gb more. That'll make a total of 9'25 GB. The assistant needs 9'80 GB free memory to update windows 10 without any external device. Does this mean that my external device will only be used
    for 0'55 GB? Please I don't understant anything. I just want my laptop to work. I'd stay with my actual version but it keeps showing me ads, interrupting my work and deleting random stuff because of uninterruptible random updates. It has already freed 3 GB
    and I dont even know where from.

Thank you.

Update windows 10 error, Jan 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Update Freeze

I would like you to check the system integrity of your Windows OS installation.

• Please type cmd.exe into Start Menu search box.
    • Please right click cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator".
    • Please type the following command and press the <Enter> key: sfc /scannow (Please note that there is a space between 'sfc" and "/scannow".)
    • It should take about 20 minutes to run, if there are no serious errors.
    • If the System File Checker reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain; please reboot your computer and run the System File Checker from an Administrator Command Prompt, again.
    • If the System File Checker again reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain, please reboot your computer and run it a third time.
    • If "Resource Integrity Violations" (errors) are reported that could not be corrected, or were not corrected after a third SFC run, then please navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS and copy the file "cbs.log" to your desktop immediately. I am asking you do that because that file is dynamic, so I want to be able to examine a copy that is unchanged from the time that the System File Checker was run.
    • If there are errors that couldn't be corrected, let me know and I will provide you with instructions as to how to upload the file.

Can you also schedule a disk check by executing Chkdsk C: /f command.

Please go to this page and download Fix Windows Update by Ramesh Kumar and save to your Desktop.
    (Click on the hard drive icon with a downward arrow).

• Extract it to your Desktop.
    • Then, double-click on the program and click the Fix Windows Update button.
    • Reboot your computer and see if it will work now.

Please try below programs one at time.

Download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

FreeBooter, Jan 19, 2018
  5. Atom1 Win User
    None of the above things made my Windows updating work. I have a number of downloaded updates which show as failed to install. I am considering doing a reinstall. Any further advice?

Atom1, Jan 19, 2018
  6. Atom1 Win User
    On the off chance that it was a wireless issue, I switched to a cable connection, and the updater immediately started showing download progress; something it never did while using the wireless connectivity.

Atom1, Jan 19, 2018
  7. sn00ker Win User
    Try disabling your anti-virus software and the firewall, if it helps afterwards re activate those

sn00ker, Jan 19, 2018
  8. Windows 10 Update Freeze

Try installing latest version of wireless card driver.

FreeBooter, Jan 19, 2018
  9. Atom1 Win User
    Did that.

Atom1, Jan 19, 2018
  10. Check to make sure "Metered connection" mode is not enabled while connected to wireless router.

FreeBooter, Jan 19, 2018
  11. Atom1 Win User
    Did that too.

Atom1, Jan 19, 2018
  12. Sorry i'm out of ideas, good luck with solving the issue.

FreeBooter, Jan 19, 2018
  13. Atom1 Win User

Windows 10 Update Freeze

That ok, thanks for the pointers which may still come in handy. Right now it's still churning on the updating which seems to be an ordeal.

Atom1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Freeze

1. Windows 10 Update Freeze - Similar Threads - Update Freeze

2. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  3. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  4. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  6. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  7. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

8. Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...

Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  9. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  10. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...