Windows 10: windows 10 update freezes

Discus and support windows 10 update freezes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when i'm prompted to update and do so it begins to run and has a circle of dots and says pc may restart several times, do not turn pc off. this may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rb56, Jul 16, 2018.

1. rb56 Win User

windows 10 update freezes

when i'm prompted to update and do so it begins to run and has a circle of dots and says pc may restart several times, do not turn pc off. this may take awhile. after an hour it might be at about 89% but the dots are no longer spinning and it has become nonresponsive. clicking the mouse, hitting enter does nothing and I have to manually turn off my pc. when it restarts it says installing previous windows 10 on your pc. after a few minutes it reboots and comes on still prompting for updates. why is it freezing up while updating? help please.

:)

2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 update freezes - Similar Threads - update freezes

2. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.: So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not provided on all halts.It 'randomly' freezes during operation with no recognized cause, with random apps active.Current...
  3. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.: So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not provided on all halts.It 'randomly' freezes during operation with no recognized cause, with random apps active.Current...
  4. How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating?: I have been trying a lot of things and the issue has been with me for over a year now but now i really need to fix it.I have Microsoft Windows version 1903 and when i try to update to the 22h2 when it hits 48% it completely freezes. Also if i try to update to a version 2004...
  5. How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating?: I have been trying a lot of things and the issue has been with me for over a year now but now i really need to fix it.I have Microsoft Windows version 1903 and when i try to update to the 22h2 when it hits 48% it completely freezes. Also if i try to update to a version 2004...
  6. How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating?

7. Newest Feb 13th Tuesday updates Causing lag and freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newest Feb 13th Tuesday updates Causing lag and freezes: Anyone else experiencing this, and if so have any fixes? I have almost 10 users within our company who ever since Tuesday/Wednesday and installing the latest updates experiencing extreme lag on all apps and desktop with frequent freezes and spinning circles making it near...
  8. Newest Feb 13th Tuesday updates Causing lag and freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newest Feb 13th Tuesday updates Causing lag and freezes: Anyone else experiencing this, and if so have any fixes? I have almost 10 users within our company who ever since Tuesday/Wednesday and installing the latest updates experiencing extreme lag on all apps and desktop with frequent freezes and spinning circles making it near...
  9. Newest Feb 13th Tuesday updates Causing lag and freezes

10. context menu "open with" freezes all explorer and no icon update

context menu "open with" freezes all explorer and no icon update: I had several symptoms:"open with" in the context menu would freeze teh context menu and all explorer processes; I could only use the task manager to restart explorerin explorer, a folder with jpg images usually would show the image with "large icon" and bigger, but nothing...