Windows 10: Windows 10 update: Google Chrome not responsive to touch, personal display settings reset

Discus and support Windows 10 update: Google Chrome not responsive to touch, personal display settings reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night I ran the latest Windows 10 update and the following problems occurred: 1) my display settings were reset to default -- desktop wallpaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kimmis, Aug 19, 2018.

1. kimmis Win User

Windows 10 update: Google Chrome not responsive to touch, personal display settings reset

Last night I ran the latest Windows 10 update and the following problems occurred:

1) my display settings were reset to default -- desktop wallpaper reverted to default, and desktop icon text size was reverted back to what I classify as "microscopic"

2) my preferred browser, google chrome, does not respond to touchscreen, only the touchpad.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 in 1 laptop/tablet.

Anyone else having this issue?

:)

kimmis, Aug 19, 2018

2. Google chrome doesn't react

Thank you for that information.

Since you were able to use Google Chrome without any issues using a different Internet connection, there is a possibility that Google Chrome is not responding when connecting to your Internet connection.

For us to isolate and resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Reset Chrome settings to default

Disclaimer: The Reset Google chrome Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset google chrome Settings
    feature. Resetting Google Chrome isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Step 2: If you are able to open google chrome follow the steps from this

article
    to back up the bookmark.

Try to export the bookmark from google chrome.

Step 3: Reset Windows Update Components.

These are services that Windows Update needs to make sure it's working effectively.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Google Chrome not working on Windows 10.

Hi Tigerali,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

As suggested in the previous post, I recommend you to first uninstall the google chrome browser from the computer.

After that try to download the google chrome browser software from the google website. Then try to reinstall google chrome browser software in compatible mode where you will install the software in previous version of Windows.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the previous post to reinstall the google chrome browser.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using google chrome browser on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 update: Google Chrome not responsive to touch, personal display settings reset

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update: Google Chrome not responsive to touch, personal display settings reset

1. Windows 10 update: Google Chrome not responsive to touch, personal display settings reset - Similar Threads - update Google Chrome

2. Unknown Unstrusted Personal Certificate Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Unstrusted Personal Certificate Google Chrome: Hi, recently I saw an unknown untrusted certificate on the personal tab on google chrome certificates below my personal one that I have since years. The certificate was issued and valid for the same "person", that was a bunch of numbers and types in this format...
  3. Unknown Unstrusted Personal Certificate Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Unstrusted Personal Certificate Google Chrome: Hi, recently I saw an unknown untrusted certificate on the personal tab on google chrome certificates below my personal one that I have since years. The certificate was issued and valid for the same "person", that was a bunch of numbers and types in this format...
  4. Windows Defender Google Chrome Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Google Chrome Settings: Windows 10 64 bit Build 1909. MS Edge is my main browser but I also use Google Chrome for some things. Thsi morning I started Chrome and got a message at startup "Windows Defender wishes to reset your Google Chrome Settigs. This will remove addons, cookies and...
  5. Google Chrome updates?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome updates?: I am running Google Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop and Chrome is suppose to update itself in the background automatically. For some reason, it only updates whenever I am in the About Google Chrome and then it updates. Is there a reason why this happens? Just as a note, I...
  6. Google Chrome to work better with Windows 10’s touch keyboard

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome to work better with Windows 10’s touch keyboard: Microsoft is actively contributing to the Chromium community and the recent commits made by Microsoft are supposed to improve Chromium browsers experience on Windows 10. According to the latest findings, Google Chrome will work better with Windows 10’s touch keyboard when...
  7. Google Chrome touch issues under Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome touch issues under Windows 10: Hi guys, I've just installed build 10041 on my Surface Pro 3 i7/256 and there seem to be some issues with Google Chrome. I've uninstalled the browser and re-installed, but to no avail... - There is no touch support at all, I have to use the trackpad or mouse - And the...
  8. Google Chrome Search settings ?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Search settings ?: Hello & Thanks, Google Chrome Search: 1) when I click on link , computer 1 opens up a new Tab. 2) when I click on link , computer 2 opens link on same Tab. Pls, how can I get 2 to open New Tab ? Where is that setting ? Thanks 83930
  9. Google Chrome display lag FIX

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome display lag FIX: A common issue I am finding with Windows 10 is display lag, particularly in the address bar. The vast majority of these issues I have seen have been resolved by simply disabling "Use Hardware Acceleration when available". To do this simply go to Chrome > Settings > Advanced...
  10. Reset Google Chrome to Default in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Google Chrome to Default in Windows: How to: Reset Google Chrome to Default in Windows How to Reset Google Chrome to Default in Windows There may be times when you may need to just reset Chrome settings to default, or completely reset Chrome to default like when first installed. This tutorial will show...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google chrome not responsive on windows 10 lenovo yoga