Windows 10: Windows 10 update has made the Administrator account totally unsusable

Discus and support Windows 10 update has made the Administrator account totally unsusable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop has gone through a major Windows 10 update lasting a couple of hours or so. When the updating was completely finished I rebooted the PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wob, Aug 6, 2018.

1. WOB
    Wob Win User

Windows 10 update has made the Administrator account totally unsusable

My laptop has gone through a major Windows 10 update lasting a couple of hours or so. When the updating was completely finished I rebooted the PC and logged into the Administrator account. After logging in instead of presenting me with the usual Desktop it presented me with a screen headed:

Do more with your voice

Underneath it talks about these new voice features the update has brought along.​

At the bottom are two buttons marked Learn More and Accept respectively. However the Accept button is grayed out and can't therefore be activated so the only option is Learn More which takes me through pages explaining the new features. After reading all the Lean More pages is a Continue button which brings me back to the Do more with your voice page and there's no way out of this since the Accept button remain grayed out and all the Adminstrator account can do is to loop around the Do more with your voice pages. I can't sign out as Administrator, shut down or reboot the PC.. Using CTRL/Alt/Delete I was hoping to go to Task Manager or log out or anything else but none of these options work. So basically, apart from endless circling through the Do more with your voice screens indefinitely, the Administrator user can perform no actions at all.​

The only way out of the situation is to power down the PC by holding the power button and doing an emergency shutdown of the PC. I have a normal user (non administrator) account on the PC which works fine, but because it has not got Administrator privileges the PC is now effectively useless.

How can I get rid on the Do more with your voice loop in the Administrator account to get back the use of my PC?​

:)

2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 update has made the Administrator account totally unsusable :(

Zakin, Aug 6, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 update has made the Administrator account totally unsusable

Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update has made the Administrator account totally unsusable

1. Windows 10 update has made the Administrator account totally unsusable - Similar Threads - update has made

2. Why Administrator account has password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Administrator account has password?: Hi thereI have some problemI need to install some software on my computer, but it require to login the administrator account.So I type on command prompt "net user administrator /active :yes".But when I want to login in administrator account, it ask for password. -I've...
  3. Why Administrator account has password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Administrator account has password?: Hi thereI have some problemI need to install some software on my computer, but it require to login the administrator account.So I type on command prompt "net user administrator /active :yes".But when I want to login in administrator account, it ask for password. -I've...
  4. My Account Administration has gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Account Administration has gone: Hello!, My account had administration capability on my pc ,but when i logged into it today my privilege's have gone. I have seen a thread from 2015 ,and i still cannot find the solution.I have tried using the Control panel and doing it from there ,but it has not worked.I have...
  5. So my account has been totally compromised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So my account has been totally compromised: and I managed to gain access to it by signing in to windows hello and it gave me the email it was changed to er***7******** Email address is removed for privacy *** after that I used an child account associated to my account to reset the password the problem that I have is...
  6. So my account has been totally compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my account has been totally compromised: and I managed to gain access to it by signing in to windows hello and it gave me the email it was changed to er***7******** Email address is removed for privacy *** after that I used an child account associated to my account to reset the password the problem that I have is...
  7. Administrator: Your account has been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator: Your account has been...: Administrator: Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator.What can I do in this situation? How can I install a Microsoft account?...
  8. Administrator: Your account has been...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator: Your account has been...: Administrator: Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator.What can I do in this situation? How can I install a Microsoft account?...
  9. Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10: This article mentions various methods to fix your disabled administrator account on Windows 10. To access most of the features, you need administrator privilege on your PC. And, if you are not able to access the administrator account for some reason, it can prevent you from...
  10. Has anyone made a Win7 skin/total makeover for 10 yet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone made a Win7 skin/total makeover for 10 yet?: I *really* miss Windows 7 look. I've seen a lot of small apps that let you change the colors, outlines and such but has anyone actually done a full-on Aero mod? I hate this plain, flat style. And the lack of contrast means I can't tell what i'm clicking on... submitted by...