Windows 10: Windows 10 update just says ' working on it ?'

Discus and support Windows 10 update just says ' working on it ?' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi can someone please give me some advice,I've tried updating from windows 7 to 10 but when I click update it simply says 'working on it ',been like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Glen73, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Glen73 Win User

Windows 10 update just says ' working on it ?'

Hi can someone please give me some advice,I've tried updating from windows 7 to 10 but when I click update it simply says 'working on it ',been like this for 12 hours!can someone advice please.

:)

Glen73, Aug 5, 2015

2. Just says Working on it

Glad to know that the issue has been fixed. Do get back to us incase you face further issue.

Maxwell Joseph, Aug 5, 2015
  3. LH_2371 Win User
    Just says Working on it

Turn off Microsoft Defender real-time protection and any third party anti-virus applications to allow the app to work.

LH_2371, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Windows 10 update just says ' working on it ?'

did you reserve your windows 10 copy ?

Windows 10 update just says ' working on it ?' [​IMG]

Sidewinder57, Aug 5, 2015
  5. skywave Win User
    This is my problem too.
    yes, I already reserved it before.
    My windows 7 is also Genuine.

skywave, Aug 5, 2015
  6. skywave Win User
    Windows 10 update just says ' working on it ?' [​IMG]

As soon as I press Continiue to upgrade, this window comes up and for hours, its just like this. the last page mentioned: its only 10 seconds!
    Anyone is familier with this problem??

skywave, Aug 5, 2015
  7. jogger52 Win User
    This is what is happening to me also. Any help greatly appreciated!

jogger52, Aug 6, 2015
  8. alex95070 Win User

Happened on my wife's PC also.

I went to the Microsoft web site, got into the Windows 10 section, and upgraded from there by following the instructions for "if you are in a hurry" or something like that. The upgrade went smoothly from there.

alex95070, Aug 6, 2015
  9. jogger52 Win User
    Will give it a try. Thanks!

jogger52, Aug 6, 2015
  10. chasbolt Win User
    That happened with my desktop for weeks. While waiting for the download to be ready I did my Laptop which I put in the next paragraph. Gave me the idea to check the Updates. I went to Windows Update through the Control Panel and found it downloaded waiting for me to install it? *Rolleyes

Installing my newer HP Laptop 8.1 worked better though I had some difficulties mostly doing what the other questioners were asking about. Eventually I figured out that my update settings were off. I adjusted them and told it to look for updates. It did a few updates and then did the Windows 10 upgrade.
    That was my experience. They both took quite some time and some minor issues had to be attended to. Shortcuts on the laptop disappeared. On the Desktop it took many hours as my desktop is a 2006 Cyberpower. It got it done and works much better. The next challenge is to do the clean install on the laptop, but I'll wait awhile.

chasbolt, Aug 6, 2015
  11. jogger52 Win User
    Did you have to download the media creation tool?

jogger52, Aug 6, 2015
  12. chasbolt Win User
    No I didn't have to for the upgrade but I did download it to create a USB start up drive to do a clean install when I'm ready.

chasbolt, Aug 6, 2015
  13. jogger52 Win User

Going to Windows Update worked for me also. Thanks for posting!

jogger52, Aug 6, 2015
  14. duffer321 Win User
    I agree with the post above. After an overnight "working on it" experience (14 + hours)--and using an ethernet connection to be sure a download would happen at the highest possible speed-- I checked Control Panel>Windows Updates and found the Windows 10 update application ready to launch.

Hit the "get started" button and then the actual download began. Once fully downloaded I'm asked if I'm ready to update my system to Windows 10--also to acknowledge that Windows Media Ctr will be uninstalled-- now the update is proceeding very similarly to a typical update with message "configuring update for Windows 10 with 20% complete--do not turn off your computer."

Seems to be proceeding normally.

Also, the window with the "working on it" message/graphic closed/disappeared when I launched the real download.

At this pace the update will take 2 hours tops.

Will report back with results.

Thanks, everyone.

duffer321, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update just says ' working on it ?' - Similar Threads - update says working

2. Switch out of S mode just saying working on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch out of S mode just saying working on it: When I try to switch out of s mode it just says working on it. I have followed steps to clear store cache but that did not help. This may be enough to push me to Apple....
  3. Switch out of S mode just saying working on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch out of S mode just saying working on it: When I try to switch out of s mode it just says working on it. I have followed steps to clear store cache but that did not help. This may be enough to push me to Apple....
  4. windows 10 update is not working . error it says

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update is not working . error it says: windows 10 update not working on laptop lenovo idea pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-is-not-working-error-it-says/042030cc-cc79-41de-9b6e-b3d3d0eefd24
  5. windows 10 update is not working . error it says

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 update is not working . error it says: windows 10 update not working on laptop lenovo idea pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-is-not-working-error-it-says/042030cc-cc79-41de-9b6e-b3d3d0eefd24
  6. windows 10 update is not working . error it says

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Just updated to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just updated to windows 10.: A few days ago I updated to Windows 10 my computer was working fine. today When I turned it on, during the boot up start screen it starts to go white and starts to blink. Sometimes I will receive a pop up with SIhost.exe system warning. I need some help trying to fix it....
  8. Just updated to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just updated to Windows 10: Hello, redditros! I recently changed my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I have a few problems. Firstly, when I open the Microsoft Store app and try to download an app, it says my device isnt compatible with this version of the app. I tried different things I found on...
  9. Just Saying Hello

in Windows 10 Support
    Just Saying Hello: I am Brian Langsdale a retired paramedic of 78 years. I live in Hull, East Yorkshire,UK together with my lovely wife, a Bichon Frise and a West Island White Terrier. I can do regular tasks with computer installations and office applications. I send best wishes and huge luck...
  10. " JUST SAY NO! " (to windows 10 updates)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    " JUST SAY NO! " (to windows 10 updates): " Not Compatible " Windows/MSN support staff favorite go to phrase ,when their updates (OCT2018) CAUSES havoc to your pc system. I say " If the update is not compatible on my pc , it should fail instantly and not be installed to damage your system. Since October 2018...