Windows 10: Windows 10 update killed all my customized pinned start menu tiles

Discus and support Windows 10 update killed all my customized pinned start menu tiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After microsoft shoved 1709 down my throat, all my personalized pinned start menu tiles are gone. I have to re-pin all the apps that I had. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by link626, Dec 24, 2017.

1. link626 Win User

Windows 10 update killed all my customized pinned start menu tiles

After microsoft shoved 1709 down my throat, all my personalized pinned start menu tiles are gone.

I have to re-pin all the apps that I had.

Is there a way to save my custom pinned tile settings so that I don't have to redo them after every big update?

What a pain in the ass.

The powershell export-startlayout only affects the default user, not my current user account.
    So I haven't found a way to restore my pinned tiles.

:)

link626, Dec 24, 2017
  2. BobJedel Win User

Widows 10 live tiles customize.

Is there any chance to customize image of the live tile of web sites pinned to start menu? All pinned tiles looks the same with edge logo on it.

BobJedel, Dec 24, 2017
  3. JinRyuu Win User
    Creating custom tiles for desktop apps, folders and files

"Windows 10 finally gives us back the Start Menu, and it’s much more customizable than it ever has been before."

If you are using Windows 10 and you want to customize the Start Menu, I found a very helpful website for you. Instructions are easy to follow.

Please visit:

8 Ways to Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu

10 Ways to Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu

On the website you will learn how to:

1. Organize, Edit, Delete, or Add New Items to the All Apps View

2. Resize the Start Menu

3. Pin and Unpin Tiles

4. Resize Live Tiles

5. Turn Off Live Tile Updates

6. Change the Start Menu (and Taskbar) Color

7. Pin Items from the Left Side of the Start Menu

8. Adding Control Panel and Special Items to the Left Side of the Start Menu

9. Remove All Live Tiles and Make It Look Like Windows 7

Hope this helps

JinRyuu, Dec 24, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update killed all my customized pinned start menu tiles - Similar Threads - update killed customized

2. Start menu tiles customization.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu tiles customization.: I'm using a dark grey theme, all but one tile in my start menu has the same grey background but one is lighter than the rest for no reason. I fail to find the option to individually change tile colors. Example Thanks for replies. submitted by /u/Darth_Jupiter [link]...
  3. start menu pinned tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  4. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?: Hi I've been searching for a while and i can't find where the pinned tilesin Start menu are located. All I can find is a list of folders that doesn't have the pinned tiles: This doesn't have what I need: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs...
  6. Customize Start Menu for Pinned apps and get Live Tile effect

Customize Start Menu for Pinned apps and get Live Tile effect: Hi there, Thanks for looking at my question. I am an avid user of the start menu and it's features, and I've been trying to customize it. However, I find that despite the excellent features and functionality that the built-in Apps are able to bring to the Start Menu, there...
  7. Custom start menu tile

Custom start menu tile: I just installed the latest version of Dropbox (desktop, not app) and realised that they are able to have a nice looking start menu tile. Any ideas on how to replicate this effect for my other start menu shortcuts? [img] For instance, the Dropbox icon doesn't look too...
  8. pin to start menu customizations

pin to start menu customizations: Where are start menu tiles (pinned shortcuts) stored? I can't find them. I want to customize the start menu and back it up to deploy elsewhere. 12877
  9. Start menu tile customization

Start menu tile customization: Hi Guys, Okay so I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I first installed Windows 10 the Start Menu had categories like "Life at a glance" and so on. However, I removed all of the tiles because at that time I felt like I didn't need them. Now, I would...
  10. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...