Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Killed FPS, Cannot revert

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Killed FPS, Cannot revert in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there anyway i can go back to a previous windows update? The most recent update that i have is 1709. Previous to this update i would have completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wetblue13, Dec 19, 2017.

1. wetblue13 Win User

Windows 10 Update Killed FPS, Cannot revert

Is there anyway i can go back to a previous windows update? The most recent update that i have is 1709. Previous to this update i would have completely fine FPS. UE4 Editor didnt stutter or drop to 15fps (Inside the play in editor and the content browser). All games have a huge stuttering issue, LOL has it where it drops to 15fps from 200fps. BF1 Stutters as well. After this update it all went to hell. I cannot go back to previous version since my computer had to delete the older version of windows to save room on my SSD. Since UE4 is installed all the cache gets sent to the C: and i cannot change that. Is there a work around? I cant just factory reset my computer.

:)

wetblue13, Dec 19, 2017

2. After updating Windows 10, performance severely reduced

After having updated windows 10 due to its nagging, I discovered that all of the games I play are now FPS locked at 60 and often drop down into the 20-30 range, where before I could get 120 fps. Is there a known fix for this, or do I have to find out
    how to revert to the previous windows build i was using?

Chroniclerope, Dec 19, 2017
  3. Windows update is out of control.

Because it IS a normal update for Windows 10. It's automatic now.

Break the connection and shut it down, it will revert first. You aren't in danger of 'killing it' doing so.

required name required as well, Dec 19, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Update Killed FPS, Cannot revert

What GPU are you using. If AMD the latest version is causing a lot of issues for many people.

Techjourney, Dec 19, 2017
  5. wetblue13 Win User
    gtx 1080 ftw

wetblue13, Dec 19, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    You have a 1TB and a 4TB and you didn`t create an image before doing the update ??? *Eek*Shock

AddRAM, Dec 19, 2017
  7. wetblue13 Win User
    Sadly no, it automatically updated

wetblue13, Dec 19, 2017
  8. AddRAM Win User

AddRAM, Dec 19, 2017
  9. wetblue13 Win User
    Uninstalling and reinstall geforce did not work.

wetblue13, Dec 19, 2017
  10. Raner Win User
    Short & Sweet solution to your problem, Do what I did...
    After update 1709, My old games stopped launching.
    Did some research I found out why, Microsoft pulled the driver needed for old games.
    So I blew the dust of my old windows 7 64 bit disc and a 250 GB SSD I had in my desk drawer and installed it in a duel boot configuration.
    If you go this route, you will be very happy with your frames per second on any game you like to play, Believe me...
    You will double or triple your FPS on all your favorite games, from what your getting on Windows 10 now...
    Even if you max all your setting out you will at least double your FPS...
    Windows 7 support memory versions...

Windows 10 Update Killed FPS, Cannot revert [​IMG]

Raner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Killed FPS, Cannot revert - Similar Threads - Update Killed FPS

2. Windows update reverting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update reverting: There's an update that keeps reverting post installation process...Is there a way to find which update is reverting Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-reverting/42722fe3-abee-443f-825d-1f93798e3ab0
  3. Recent Windows 10 Update killed my FPS and causes my computer to freeze and I have to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows 10 Update killed my FPS and causes my computer to freeze and I have to...: Hi there,I need someone from Technical help proper one! to help me with my computer crashing with no reason after the recent "update" for Windows 10. Also there is horrible FPS that is just killing everything what I do!Please, fix this issue asap or just restore pre-upgrade...
  4. Recent Windows 10 Update killed my FPS and causes my computer to freeze and I have to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows 10 Update killed my FPS and causes my computer to freeze and I have to...: Hi there,I need someone from Technical help proper one! to help me with my computer crashing with no reason after the recent "update" for Windows 10. Also there is horrible FPS that is just killing everything what I do!Please, fix this issue asap or just restore pre-upgrade...
  5. Recent Windows 10 Update killed my FPS and causes my computer to freeze and I have to...

6. windows 10 update killed my keyboard.

windows 10 update killed my keyboard.: So, me and my wife unfortunately own a windows 10 laptop. This laptop has been trying to force us to update for weeks, saying our version is going out of service. I have been avoiding this update, because I already know the headaches windows updates cause foreshadowing?....
  7. Windows 10 update kills 2 laptops

Windows 10 update kills 2 laptops: Ive tried, uninstall updates, refresh, restore point, nothingworks. Tried clean installwith usb. Changed BIOS. NOPE. Two completely useless laptops because of windows 10 update. Any ideas gtratefully accepted....
  8. Reverted a Windows update once, cannot update to version 1903.

Reverted a Windows update once, cannot update to version 1903.: Recently Microsoft announced that support for version 1803 of Windows 10 will no longer be supported after November 2019. I am currently using version 1803. When I was able to update to version 1809, I reverted because of a graphical error causing file explorer to be white...
  9. windows 10 updates killed my laptop

windows 10 updates killed my laptop: My Asus F556U laptop (purchased new) came with Windows 10 pre-installed with no backup disk. I have the product ID only. During a recent attempt to install Windows 10 updates the Asus laptop has stopped working. I have tried system restore using three separate restore points....
  10. Windows 10 Update Kills App Notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Update Kills App Notifications: I specifically upgraded to 10 Pro to get back App Notifications because I use a VPN in a restrictive country and I need to know when or if the VPN loses signal. The updates that installed on 5/14/16 have once again greyed out App Notifications and leave the message "Some...