Windows 10: Windows 10 update killed internet- How do I fix this?

Discus and support Windows 10 update killed internet- How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About a week ago I shut down my computer and clicked the "update and shut down" option. When I turned the computer on, I couldn't access the internet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RedDogRising, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update killed internet- How do I fix this?

About a week ago I shut down my computer and clicked the "update and shut down" option. When I turned the computer on, I couldn't access the internet. The error I get when running the troubleshooter is that: ""Wi-Fi: doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

I have tried to run ipconfig, it says all media is disconnected. I tried to run something called netsh (it was suggested in search) and it said it couldn't complete because I was disconnected. Plugging directly into ethernet does not work, gives the same error of "doesn't have a valid IP configuration". There is nothing wrong with the router and all other devices connect just fine.

This has happened before after an update, twice. The symptoms were exactly the same. It was only fixed by doing a system restore from before the update was installed. I tried to do this but this time there was no restore point to choose from that was before the update (two were available from the same exact time, made after the update by minutes. Not sure how that happened).

So I'm stuck with a very expensive word processor at the moment. I've spent the last several hours trying to find a way to manually download the rest of the Windows 10 updates to see if it included a fix, but I honestly can't figure anything out. Any help?

:)

RedDogRising, Aug 6, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 update killed internet connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Do you have any third party security program installed on the computer?

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Internet Connections”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Network Adapter”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may
      select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2:

Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Aug 6, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 update killed internet- How do I fix this?

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 update killed internet- How do I fix this? capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update killed internet- How do I fix this?

1. Windows 10 update killed internet- How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - update killed internet

2. How do I fix no internet available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix no internet available: Hi!I just fresh installed windows 7 and when I logged in, there was no internet driver installed. Only an Ethernet driver. I don’t have access to any other computers, so I can’t access the internet. I can’t fresh install again because I don’t have a CD drive to fresh install....
  3. How do I fix no internet available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix no internet available: Hi!I just fresh installed windows 7 and when I logged in, there was no internet driver installed. Only an Ethernet driver. I don’t have access to any other computers, so I can’t access the internet. I can’t fresh install again because I don’t have a CD drive to fresh install....
  4. How do I fix windows 10 22h2 update from killing my wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix windows 10 22h2 update from killing my wifi: Yesterday I updated my windows 10 to 22h2 And now I can't use my browser to search because it keeps saying "this site can't provide a secure connection" But im sure that I still have wifi because I can still use discord and play online games normally...
  5. How do I fix windows 10 22h2 update from killing my wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix windows 10 22h2 update from killing my wifi: Yesterday I updated my windows 10 to 22h2 And now I can't use my browser to search because it keeps saying "this site can't provide a secure connection" But im sure that I still have wifi because I can still use discord and play online games normally...
  6. How do I fix windows 10 22h2 update from killing my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 May 2021 update has killed my Wifi. How do I fix please?!

Windows 10 May 2021 update has killed my Wifi. How do I fix please?!: Windows 10 May Update removes wifi settings completely! It’s not even an option to reconnect as the icon has completely disappeared.I’ve been trying to fix for the last 8 hours, reset drivers, did updates on adapter settings, rebooted router, installed new latest 2021 driver...
  8. How do I kill this process

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I kill this process: [ATTACH] I know the consequences, please tell me how to submitted by /u/Niru2169 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljpdzx/how_do_i_kill_this_process/
  9. Windows 10 updates have killed my internet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 updates have killed my internet connection: I installed the latest security updates and it appears to have severely effected my network interface card. It's the same issue that's affected millions of users over the past few years but with there wifi connections. I've followed all the steps detailed in every forum...
  10. Windows update kills my internet connection...

Windows update kills my internet connection...: On my wife's Surface, every night Windows runs the latest update and loses the internet connection. Every morning I uninstall the update and the internet connection is back... Can you fix this problem?...