Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Kills App Notifications

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Kills App Notifications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I specifically upgraded to 10 Pro to get back App Notifications because I use a VPN in a restrictive country and I need to know when or if the VPN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mike o, May 14, 2016.

1. mike o Win User

Windows 10 Update Kills App Notifications

I specifically upgraded to 10 Pro to get back App Notifications because I use a VPN in a restrictive country and I need to know when or if the VPN loses signal. The updates that installed on 5/14/16 have once again greyed out App Notifications and leave the message "Some settings are controlled by your organization." Well, this is a private machine and why Microsoft has imposed restrictions that I didn't set, I don't know, but I sure don't like it. Why is user choice being taken away? What's worse is, that previously, there were ways to force App Notifications back on, but the registry entry is either no longer there or has been moved, and the choice in gpedit.msc is not longer available. Anyone have any ideas about how to get App Notifications back?

:)

mike o, May 14, 2016

2. Spotify causes conflict in Start Menu and Search

Spotify seems to create its own errors and temporarily corrupt windows especially after installing windows 10 november 15 update.

Can someone fill spotify in on how to properly fix their own app to work with windows 10?

**SPOTIFY** Found the culprit killing the start menu, cortana, settings, and notifications- Original Title

Douglas McKasson, May 14, 2016
  3. satyam384 Win User
    Nokia lumia 520 push notification problem with whatsapp

Hey, Update the app if there is an update available. Push notifications will be solved.And don not use any battery saver app because it kills background apps. Windows 10 Update Kills App Notifications :)

Updating the app solves this issue,If your app is up to date and still you are facing the problem then just uninstall the whatsapp and then reinstall the app from the market place. Windows 10 Update Kills App Notifications :)

satyam384, May 14, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

I don't think the option was taken away , running Win 10 Pro here and all the notification options are still available for me.

Wullail, May 14, 2016
  5. mike o Win User
    Very strange. Yesterday all App Notifications were on in Settings. Today, after the 4 or 5 upgrade files were installed automatically, the App Notifications switch is grayed out.

mike o, May 14, 2016
  6. ozy1ozy Win User
    My CCleaner disappeared after updating Win 10 so it happens.

ozy1ozy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Kills App Notifications - Similar Threads - Update Kills App

2. Windows Update killed various apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update killed various apps: Installed the latest Windows update last week. Now after rebooting, Firefox refuses to load, saying it's already open, and Discord won't load, claiming a fatal Javascript error, and now Windows Search won't even locate the Discord app. I've even tried reinstalling windows,...
  3. Windows Update killed various apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update killed various apps: Installed the latest Windows update last week. Now after rebooting, Firefox refuses to load, saying it's already open, and Discord won't load, claiming a fatal Javascript error, and now Windows Search won't even locate the Discord app. I've even tried reinstalling windows,...
  4. Windows Update killed various apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows updates killing apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates killing apps.: Why does Microsoft think it is acceptable to push out updates that trash existing, working apps and hardware. This happened to me today, but I see it in 2022 and in 2020. Sensing a pattern here....
  6. Windows updates killing apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates killing apps.: Why does Microsoft think it is acceptable to push out updates that trash existing, working apps and hardware. This happened to me today, but I see it in 2022 and in 2020. Sensing a pattern here....
  7. How to kill the "Windows Hello is not setup" notification

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to kill the "Windows Hello is not setup" notification: Hello from a warm and sunny Costa Rica.Here is my problem;This message pops up every time after starting my PC. I don´t want to set up Hello, I´m the only user.The "delete" button is not available in Hello or pin set up so that solution doesn´t work.The Register...
  8. Please update on Windows 10 killed how long my notifications and calendar alerts appear.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please update on Windows 10 killed how long my notifications and calendar alerts appear.: Microsnot.............. sorry Microsoft killed how long the calendar and notifications show up. YEAH I should sit here 24 hours a day staring at the laptop. Geeze. So how do I change how long it displays. I searched for how to do that and now settings are not like what...
  9. How to kill "Your notifications will remain quiet" notification?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to kill "Your notifications will remain quiet" notification?: I know Microsoft is an irony in itself. Since I've been forced to upgrade to whatever-the-f-it's-now version of Windows 10, I've been annoyed daily by this thing that displays 1 by the clock: [ATTACH] and if I click on it, it shows this: [ATTACH] That reads: Your...
  10. Today's MS Updates kill apps

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Today's MS Updates kill apps: WUP, KB3038930, KB3040021, KB3021952 and one AMD Radeon HD 5450 installed today. Daum PotPlayer for playing videos, etc., Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 and AudioDirector 5 fail to open now. 4256