Windows 10: Windows 10 Update - Logged in as a temporary user

Discus and support Windows 10 Update - Logged in as a temporary user in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I upgraded to Windows 10 on 4/21 around 2:30pm. I let them computer sit and do the upgrade all day. I came back to the computer around 8pm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrookeBarnes, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Update - Logged in as a temporary user

Hello!

I upgraded to Windows 10 on 4/21 around 2:30pm. I let them computer sit and do the upgrade all day. I came back to the computer around 8pm that night and noted the upgrade was apparently complete. However all of my files, pictures, settings, were gone. I had saved emailed myself copies of all important documents and wasn't concerned that my documents were not there. I opened Word and began creating a new document for work. I saved it and then went to bed. The next day I woke up, opened up my laptop and found that all my OLD settings (from Windows 8.1) were back including documents, pictures, settings but that the document that I created in windows 10 the previous night was gone. I've done some research and think that maybe the installation of Windows 10 wasn't complete or maybe I was logged in to a temporary account but I still can't find this one specific document that I created in Word with Windows 10. Any suggestions?

:)

BrookeBarnes, Apr 22, 2016
  2. DanDirr Win User

Logged in as a temporary user

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 yesterday. Everything seemed ok until today after a restart. Windows will not load my user profile, and will only sign me in as a temporary user. I have signed out and back in, tried signing in as a local user (previous
    windows 7 user profile), restarted, turned off and back on. Account settings and sign in options look to be ok. How do I get my user profile back?

DanDirr, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Logged in as a temporary user

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and we will assist you to resolve this issue.

Try to login to Safe mode? And check are you able to login.

You may follow the steps provided below.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Press Windows + L to lock the screen.
    • Press and Hold Shift key and click on power button
    • Select restart while holding the shift key.
    • The computer restarts to a Windows recovery mode.
    • Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode .try and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Apr 22, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Update - Logged in as a temporary user

1. Windows 10 Update - Logged in as a temporary user - Similar Threads - Update Logged temporary

2. I'm being logged in on a temporary log in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm being logged in on a temporary log in.: I'm working on a Sony Vaio running Windows 10. Over the last couple of days, when l log on I'm taken to a temporary log in. I've followed the advice to go into safe area and restart without any luck. I've also tried going into registry to delete what could be a damaged user...
  3. I'm being logged in on a temporary log in.

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm being logged in on a temporary log in.: I'm working on a Sony Vaio running Windows 10. Over the last couple of days, when l log on I'm taken to a temporary log in. I've followed the advice to go into safe area and restart without any luck. I've also tried going into registry to delete what could be a damaged user...
  4. Sync , log in on temporary

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sync , log in on temporary: How do I log in! It says I’m logged in with a temporary profile. When I try to sync. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-log-in-on-temporary/b09fadba-febd-4341-ac5b-f747c5213496
  5. Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation: One of the domain user is getting logged onto a temporary profile on any workstation that they log onto. I have checked the registry and removed the corrupted user profile. Ensured that the user profile was deleted. Also performed a sfc and dism. DISM fails when you do a scan...
  6. Temporary Profile Log In

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Profile Log In: When I log in I get a pop up that says I am logging in with a temporary profile and I can't access my Microsoft Office documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile-log-in/ba82d217-0ff4-477c-bf11-1f7d7ff01c1b"
  7. Pc is logging into Temporary account after updating to Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc is logging into Temporary account after updating to Windows 10 1903: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  8. You've been logged in as a temporary user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    You've been logged in as a temporary user: I have looked for a post on this but can't find one with an answer, so apologies for the multi-post! i've done an upgrade install of win10 from 8.1, and from a hardware PoV all is running smoothly. The only issue is I can't access any of my old user files or settings....
  9. Logging back in as temporary user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging back in as temporary user: I understand others have had problems logging in as a temporary user when updating to windows 10 and a reboot or update sorts this out. But does anyone know how I can log back in as that temporary user again?? I moved some documents and pictures (in the folder...
  10. Enable or Disable Log On Users with Temporary Profiles in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Log On Users with Temporary Profiles in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Log On Users with Temporary Profiles in Windows How to Enable or Disable Log On Users with Temporary Profiles in Windows When signs in to the new account for the first time. A sign in to Windows. A user's profile folder also contains...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update user temporal