Windows 10: Windows 10 Update login screen fiasco

Discus and support Windows 10 Update login screen fiasco in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Like many of you my laptop did an update and now I can't login, no login prompt, no power icon, nothing... I've spent the last half hour trying to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaleSigas, Aug 18, 2018.

1. CaleSigas Win User

Windows 10 Update login screen fiasco

Like many of you my laptop did an update and now I can't login, no login prompt, no power icon, nothing... I've spent the last half hour trying to find a solution, but the all involve the shift, and power button icon, which I don't have on the screen. Thanks for any assistance. Windows 10 Update login screen fiasco [​IMG]

:)

CaleSigas, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Aug 18, 2018
  4. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update login screen fiasco - Similar Threads - Update login screen

2. Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco: I'm one of the people for whom the KB5034441 update failed to install.With reboots, etc, I was able to install all the other January '24 updates. However, after checking Windows Event Viewer, I have noticed that since the above-mentioned update failure, I am getting the...
  3. 2H22 fiasco

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2H22 fiasco: I tried installing the 2H22 upgrade a month ago from the preview site. Very prolonged install and after kept getting crashes requiring reboots. I finally just unstalled the update and things returned to baseline. As the final version of 2H22 is available I tried to do a clean...
  4. 2H22 fiasco

2H22 fiasco: I tried installing the 2H22 upgrade a month ago from the preview site. Very prolonged install and after kept getting crashes requiring reboots. I finally just unstalled the update and things returned to baseline. As the final version of 2H22 is available I tried to do a clean...
  5. Windows 10 Login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Login screen: Why does it take so long with multiple try's usual just 2 to log into Windows 10 if the laptop has been in sleep mode? Windows will ask for the PIN, I enter it, and then it clocks for 1 min and returns to the login PIN screen. This should be an easy process. My laptop is 4...
  6. Windows 10 login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login screen: On the windows 10 login screen there is an image that changes daily. Every now and then there is an interesting image that I am interested in learning more about. When I select to learn more or to take the daily quiz about the image, Windows allows me to login and then never...
  7. Mail Fiasco

Mail Fiasco: Well here I go again. Last year I was having a problem with the Mail App in Windows 10. To be specific when I opened the Mail App to view my emails none of the messages were showing graphics or pictures just text - which looked like machine language writing. So after...
  8. Windows 10 update fiasco

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fiasco: I have just downloaded a very large windows 10 update and now find I have no pointer to enable me to engage with my computer; I am basically locked out. Any suggestions regarding how to fix this are most welcome :0)...
  9. Resolution to the 'Network' fiasco?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resolution to the 'Network' fiasco?: Is there a definitive resolution to reactivate a network after the 1803 upgrade? I seem to have tried everything that has been published and nothing has worked! Two PCs and one laptop in my house cannot share data with each other.....am I in a parallel universe where...
  10. Windows 10 fiasco from hell

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 fiasco from hell: So like so many of you...I installed windows 10. Don't know why I ever did at this point. Seems like the worst mistake in my technical life. I have had a slew of problems ever since. First it messed with some of my games. A bit annoying but fixable. Got a lot of them to...