Windows 10: windows 10 update - lost desktop icon

Discus and support windows 10 update - lost desktop icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi all, My acer laptop did a windows 10 update and since then i have lost my desktop icons and now i have start boxes on the screen like windows 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by David Hughes, Dec 22, 2016.

1. windows 10 update - lost desktop icon

hi all, My acer laptop did a windows 10 update and since then i have lost my desktop icons and now i have start boxes on the screen like windows 8 does. How can i get my old desktop icons back as i have set them up just the way i like them, and hate this start boxes

Im coming close to reformatting and putting ubuntu on

cheers
    David

:)

David Hughes, Dec 22, 2016
  2. PrGwar Win User

Latest windows 10 update

There was an update to windows 10 (with verbal cues). I lost functionality of desktop icons, the taskbar, and several (non functional) icons got the Edge icon instead. How do I return functionality?

PrGwar, Dec 22, 2016
  3. Lost halve of icons on windiws 10 desktop???

Lost icons on Windows 10 desktop.

ErnestMaynard, Dec 22, 2016
  4. windows 10 update - lost desktop icon

Welcome to the Ten forums.

I'll bet your Acer has a touch screen and Windows 10 has put you in tablet mode. Click on the little notification box in lower left. Your Notification / Action Center should open. In the boxes at the bottom look for one labelled "Tablet". Shut it off.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Caledon Ken, Dec 22, 2016
  5. Yes update turned on the Tablet mode. No I dont have touch screen. Thanks for your reply

David Hughes, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 update - lost desktop icon

1. windows 10 update - lost desktop icon - Similar Threads - update lost desktop

2. Lost icons on the desktop and file manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost icons on the desktop and file manager: As the figure showns below, on the desktop, the apps are functionally normal but the icons are missing. That also happens in the file manager. However, in the startup menu, the icons and tiles are normal. I have tried restarting my PC, "/scannow" on cmd which no issue is...
  3. Lost Desktop icons

Lost Desktop icons: All my Desktop Icons vanished and can't get them back. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop-icons/dff73362-0977-4f52-b19b-d53c69035492
  4. Lost desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost desktop icons: My wife was trying to delete document icons on screen two. She clicked one then hit shift to highlight them all. The problem lies in that she didn't release the shift button before moving the mouse toward the recycle bin. In her path, she wiped out multiple icons on screen...
  5. Lost desktop icon shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost desktop icon shortcuts: I just did a fresh install of Win 10 from Win 7 I saved the desktop shortcuts from C:\Users\myname\Desktop to a stick, i was using Chrome as the default engine. After i installed Win 10 and copied the desktop folder back under my username the icons and the name of the...
  6. WIN 10 desktop icons lost or turned blank

WIN 10 desktop icons lost or turned blank: Suddenly several desktop icons for programs that I installed disappeared or their picture turned to a white rectangle. How do I fix this? Thanks Mark Markett...
  7. Lost Desktop /Profile after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Desktop /Profile after Windows 10 Update: After updating my PC the "Hi, we are working on your pc" flashed for nearly an hour before a blank unusable desktop appeared. A Halt error appears and the process begins anew. How do I get my computer back?...
  8. lost my desktop icons

lost my desktop icons: lost my original desktop and the icons, need help please to get back to original windows 10 and icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-desktop-icons/3106ac95-354b-4fc1-abe4-a01c22e1136b
  9. Lost Edge browser icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Edge browser icon on desktop: Somehow, my Edge browser icon has disappeared from the desktop. I can still access it through the Cortana search box. So, obviously the browser is on my computer, but I'd like to access it via an icon on the desktop rather than the search box. What can I do? Thanks....
  10. Lost all "Desktop" Icons/Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost all "Desktop" Icons/Shortcuts: I was on a short vacation, and I powered off my system...via power strip, while gone. Upon return, I fired up the system, and downloaded any updates, etc., that might have been available during my "absence". When done, I noticed that all my old W7 desktop "shortcuts" were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update lost desktop icons

2. Lost all my icons on my desktop when opening Microsoft Edge

3. downloaded windows update and lost all shortcuts on desktop

4. upgrade to windows 10 lost desktop,
  5. windows 10 update loses desktop