Windows 10: Windows 10 update, now absolutely nothing initializes.

Discus and support Windows 10 update, now absolutely nothing initializes. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night, my main PC installed an update on its own. This morning, I started it to find that it needed to configure the update, so I waited. When It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrenz, Sep 18, 2016.

1. mrenz Win User

Windows 10 update, now absolutely nothing initializes.

Last night, my main PC installed an update on its own. This morning, I started it to find that it needed to configure the update, so I waited. When It rebooted, it came to this black screen about initializing watchdog service, and after it finished, that is where it would stay. This would happen every time I tried to boot into Windows. Assuming that the update did this I went to the recovery environment to use a restore point that I had created just yesterday. The restore points that I had created were all missing. I was confused, so I decided to restore a previous version of windows. Now, it would get stuck there, no matter how many times I tried it. I resorted to using installation media. I made it on the windows 10 PC I am using right now, and then loaded the installation media on the other computer through the BIOS. I changed the boot order to check the USB before windows boot manager. It would ask to remove the media and click yes to repair, and then it would be overridden by the restoring your PC to a previous version screen, which (surprise), still gets stuck. So from here, I resorted to getting support from the forums. Someone said the best option was to factory reset my PC, which was annoying because I would lose all my files, but I really wanted a fix. They said if all I could get to was the BIOS (which it was) I could reset my computer through system setup. I was told to delete the authorized signature database, which brought me to my current problem. Now, when I turn on my computer, not even a logo appears for boot (With or without installation media). When I shut it back off, I don't need to hold the power button for 5 seconds, it just shuts off immediately. I am in dire need of help, and if I could fix the problem without losing files, that would be greatly appreciated.

After using a disk as installation media, nothing seems to have differed from the USB test. When I push the power button, I can hear the disk spinning, but eventually, the spinning stops and the screen stays black. I did this with a second monitor plugged in just as a test, and nothing changes.

Also, I wanted to point out that the BIOS is inaccessible.

I did find one key shortcut that did something after the disk has stopped spinning while trying to run the installation media. If I press CTRL+ALT+ENTER or CTRL+ALT+DEL, The whole process of the disk spinning up and my USB flash drive restarts. I can do this multiple times, but the computer still does not boot or even display anything.

I need help urgently. Thanks in advance.

:)

mrenz, Sep 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 update, now absolutely nothing initializes.

Hi,

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation Disc and perform a repair on the computer. To create a please find the below link:

Download Windows 10

To know how to create a disc, please follow the below link:

Windows 10 Manual Upgrade & Installation

To perform a Repair on the computer, Please follow the below steps:

a. Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 10 from it.

b. In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the
    ‘language to install’,‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on
    ‘next’.

c. Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select
    ‘Troubleshoot’.

d. Click on ‘Advanced options’
    and select‘Startup Repair’ and select the operating system.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 update, now absolutely nothing initializes.

Last night, my main PC installed an update on its own. This morning, I started it to find that it needed to configure the update, so I waited. When It rebooted, it came to this black screen about initializing watchdog service, and after it finished, that
    is where it would stay. This would happen every time I tried to boot into Windows. Assuming that the update did this I went to the recovery environment to use a restore point that I had created just yesterday. The restore points that I had created were all
    missing. I was confused, but decided to restore a previous version of windows. Now, it would get stuck there, no matter how many times I tried it. I resorted to using installation media. I made it on the windows 10 PC I am using right now, and then loaded
    the installation media on the other computer through the BIOS. I changed the boot order to check the USB before windows boot manager. It would ask to remove the media and click yes to repair, and then it would be overridden by the restoring your PC to a previous
    version screen, which (surprise), still gets stuck. So from here, I resorted to getting support from the forums. Someone said the best option was to factory reset my PC, which was annoying because I would lose all my files, but I really wanted a fix. They
    said if all I could get to was the BIOS (which it was) I could reset my computer through system setup. I was told to delete the authorized signature database, which brought me to my current problem. Now, when I turn on my computer, not even a logo appears
    for boot (With or without installation media). When I shut it back off, I don't need to hold the power button for 5 seconds, it just shuts off immediately. I am in dire need of help, and if I could fix the problem without sing files, that would be greatly
    appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

cheezitupp, Sep 18, 2016
  4. mrenz Win User

Even if you don't know specifically how to solve it, if there's anything I could try, that would be great help.

mrenz, Sep 18, 2016
  5. mrenz Win User
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hello, we need to discover if you can access your HDD- I will assume it's a hard disk, as I don't know your laptop model number- could you add it to your specs, with your disk? Thanks.

Please download this iso for a bootable disk which gives you a mini windows and utilities when it boots up.
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Now I note you have configured your laptop to boot from USB, so you will need to use a free program called Rufus to create a bootable USB from that iso.

When you've booted from that- assuming you can- try to access your HDD and advise what you see.

Do you have a full backup of all your data? I hope so!

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update, now absolutely nothing initializes. - Similar Threads - update absolutely nothing

2. Absolutely nothing is configured in Local Group Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Absolutely nothing is configured in Local Group Policy: Hello, absolutely nothing is configured there, and i'm not gonna search one by one to solve my problem.The problem in question that i'm having is 0x8000FFFF which makes windows update completely unusable and i can't add features which is what i want to have linux subsystem...
  3. Absolutely nothing is configured in Local Group Policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Absolutely nothing is configured in Local Group Policy: Hello, absolutely nothing is configured there, and i'm not gonna search one by one to solve my problem.The problem in question that i'm having is 0x8000FFFF which makes windows update completely unusable and i can't add features which is what i want to have linux subsystem...
  4. windows update from 10 to 11 and now nothing works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update from 10 to 11 and now nothing works: my new laptop tried to update to windows 11 and now i can't access any files or windows apps etc. i can go online via chrome but can't do anything else. I have tried uninstalling updates as well as pc recovery but neither fixed the problem. I get a message to sign out of...
  5. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing: I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update...
  6. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing: I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update...
  7. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Absolutely nothing using around 40% of RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Absolutely nothing using around 40% of RAM: Could anyone help me? I've noticed that my notebook has been using 40% out of 8GB of RAM for apparently no reason. I suspect it is because of the many service host instances, but I've read they were harmless by the design. How can I fix this? Thanks....
  9. Absolutely NOTHING on my computer works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Absolutely NOTHING on my computer works: Ok so I downloaded a game overnight on my laptop Acer Predator Helios 300. I had my laptop on sleep and when I woke it up in the morning everything was working fine. I then went to go clean something and when I came back and powered on my computer, windows 10 was literally...
  10. Finished Windows 10 updates, now nothing works

in Windows 10 Support
    Finished Windows 10 updates, now nothing works: Did windows 10 updates on my Lenovo idea pad laptop this morning and now have myriad of problems. Look everywhere for solutions, tried multiple restarts, nothing works. 1. Cannot connect to internet. Can't even access network or connection screens through control panel or...