Windows 10: Windows 10 Update process

Discus and support Windows 10 Update process in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anyone seen anything more pathetic than the Windows 10 Update process. My goodness, it is ridiculous. My next laptop is going to be an Apple.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CraigEmerson333, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Update process

Has anyone seen anything more pathetic than the Windows 10 Update process. My goodness, it is ridiculous. My next laptop is going to be an Apple.

:)

CraigEmerson333, Jul 9, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update process

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Update process

1. Windows 10 Update process - Similar Threads - Update process

2. Recently after windows update windows command processer is running in baground and draing a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently after windows update windows command processer is running in baground and draing a...: Usually my battery used to last for 5-6hrs now for a week it only last 1.5-2hrs , please help and how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-after-windows-update-windows-command/a95f121b-4798-4f02-861a-8fd39eede74b
  3. Recently after windows update windows command processer is running in baground and draing a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently after windows update windows command processer is running in baground and draing a...: Usually my battery used to last for 5-6hrs now for a week it only last 1.5-2hrs , please help and how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-after-windows-update-windows-command/a95f121b-4798-4f02-861a-8fd39eede74b
  4. Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates: After one of the recent updates Task Manager in Windows 11 shows memory consumed by processes in its Details tab as single kilobytes which is obviously wrong. Look at the screenshot, it shows Visual Studio with a heavy project loaded:Clearly this information is wrong, before...
  5. Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates

Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates: After one of the recent updates Task Manager in Windows 11 shows memory consumed by processes in its Details tab as single kilobytes which is obviously wrong. Look at the screenshot, it shows Visual Studio with a heavy project loaded:Clearly this information is wrong, before...
  6. Hi, I reset my laptop. In the process the i choose "update windows software", now the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I reset my laptop. In the process the i choose "update windows software", now the...: Hi, I reset my laptop. In the process choose "update windows software", now the laptop remain in the same screen, likely a loop and in silence. I turn off and the laptop star and go straight to the same screen of installation foing nothing. Somebody could help....
  7. Hi, I reset my laptop. In the process the i choose "update windows software", now the...

Hi, I reset my laptop. In the process the i choose "update windows software", now the...: Hi, I reset my laptop. In the process choose "update windows software", now the laptop remain in the same screen, likely a loop and in silence. I turn off and the laptop star and go straight to the same screen of installation foing nothing. Somebody could help....
  8. Hi, I reset my laptop. In the process the i choose "update windows software", now the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows "critical process died" when I update games or driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "critical process died" when I update games or driver: After seeing a new driver update for my gpu I downloaded it only to get a blue screen of death saying critical process has died. I then tried to update the driver again and the same thing happen. I even tried uninstalling the Geforce experience software and redownload it only...
  10. Windows "critical process died" when I update games or driver

Windows "critical process died" when I update games or driver: After seeing a new driver update for my gpu I downloaded it only to get a blue screen of death saying critical process has died. I then tried to update the driver again and the same thing happen. I even tried uninstalling the Geforce experience software and redownload it only...