Windows 10: Windows 10 Update results in all settings and documents lost!

Discus and support Windows 10 Update results in all settings and documents lost! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; First of all I'll make a complaint. I am very disappointed with Windows 10. It's been one of the worst Windows ever made and sooner or later I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by g1o2r3a4z5d6, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Update results in all settings and documents lost!

First of all I'll make a complaint. I am very disappointed with Windows 10. It's been one of the worst Windows ever made and sooner or later I will switch from Windows to some normal OS sofware. I have been let down too many times by it (not just 10 but all of the former as well) and I decided it's simply not worth my time, money and nerves.

Today Windows decided to do an upgrade on my computer and when I turned it on it said it was preparing something. After the welcome screen, I realized all my documents on the desktop have been missing, including majority of the shortcuts.

All the settings have been reverted, including theme, desktop image, default programs. In short, there's not much left untouched.

What's utterly intolerable it somehow deleted ALL my personal documents, pictures, literally EVERYTHING is lost. I just can't put up with it anymore. There were several files I need for my work, everything is simply gone.

Is there a way I can get these things back?

Shame on you, Windows.

:)

g1o2r3a4z5d6, Nov 20, 2015

2. Files are missing after installing the latest Windows 10 update.

I lost all my files including Music, pictures,desk top setting, documents, installed programs after a windows 10 update I did not request.

TonyGonzalez2, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Disable automatic reboot on updates - Windows 10 Pro anniversary update

With the Windows 10 Anniversary update I lost a couple settings as well as the license of one of my programs which I use.

Ok so far, but you topped that last night when my computer was restarting without asking me and closing all open and documents without saving them.

All these open and unsaved documents are lost!

There is even not an option anymore in the Windows system settings which can prevent this behaviour.

Are you serious Microsoft?

(I found in the meanwhile a Group Policy setting which should prevent that, I will see it on the next updates if it works:
    How to prevent Windows 10 from restarting the computer after installing updates)

Michael Uray, Nov 20, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Update results in all settings and documents lost!

Will mark as solved since I have finally been able to get my data back.

g1o2r3a4z5d6, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Update results in all settings and documents lost!

1. Windows 10 Update results in all settings and documents lost! - Similar Threads - Update results settings

2. All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update: HelloLast friday, when shutting down the pc, it asked if i want to update, then shut down.Now when i switch pc on, all my word documents are missing, and outlook tab on taskbar is missing.It is asking me to setup up email account again.Why is this happening and how can i get...
  3. All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update: HelloLast friday, when shutting down the pc, it asked if i want to update, then shut down.Now when i switch pc on, all my word documents are missing, and outlook tab on taskbar is missing.It is asking me to setup up email account again.Why is this happening and how can i get...
  4. All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. NEED HELP Lost all Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEED HELP Lost all Documents: I have a lenovo ideapad S405 with Microsoft Windows. My last update was July 21st 2021, Everything was fine. Last known time computer was logged into August 2nd 2021, All was well. I had Windows 10. I logged on August 16th 2021, I notice desktop looks like Windows 8 and fewer...
  6. All Documents lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Documents lost: I have lost all my documents after your last update and I need my resume ASAP I don't understand your last instructions and I am so unhappy with Microsoft but I have to use it. It use to be user friendly but not anymore. I want my documents back on my computer! I am not a...
  7. Lost document after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost document after Windows 10 update: Hi, guys I really need some help. I was writing a document on Mord (Windows 10) and I left to go somewhere for a while. I noticed before I left that I had a Windows update pending (2004) but decided that I would come back and take care of it. I came back and my laptop was...
  8. Lost settings and documents

Lost settings and documents: While restarting my Windows10 machine today morning I was asked to do an 'Update and Restart', post the restart I found it that I have lost all the software settings and lots of documents from my machine. How to reach to the same stage before I did 'Update and Restart'? I...
  9. lost Settings with update windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost Settings with update windows 10: I recently responded to prompt to update Windows 10 on my computer. After doing so, I am unable to open "Settings" on my computer Do I have to do a system restore? Or is there another way? Thank you in advance, Andrea...
  10. Lost all my documents after an update

Lost all my documents after an update: I was with tech support yesterday and he did an update to fix my problems, which didn't work, and I lost all my documents. I did a "restore to earlier date" and they are still missing. How do I get them back?...