Windows 10: Windows 10 update sticks at 67%

Discus and support Windows 10 update sticks at 67% in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just happened to notice tonight when I checked for updates, it said Updates are available and showed 67%. After a bit, I checked back and it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Maggidon, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Maggidon Win User

Windows 10 update sticks at 67%

I just happened to notice tonight when I checked for updates, it said Updates are available and showed 67%. After a bit, I checked back and it was obvious it was stuck and going no where fast.
    I rebooted the machine and see now it is at 45% and apparently stuck again. Is there a way to clear this download and restart it again, or is there another way to get this thing rolling down the pipes so I can get the full update.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Maggidon, Aug 16, 2015

2. Intel compute stick failure after window 10 update

Purchased an Intel compute stick Dec2015. STCK1A32WFC. Preloaded with Windows 10. Initial update went ok after purchasing a memory stick to handle the update memory requirements. Second update about 3 weeks ago has completely locked up the PC. Update
    stopped at 67%. Tried to reboot several times with out success.

Downloaded a windows 10 boot copy to a stick and tried to boot from the stick as suggested by Ruth Buruga, Microsoft Engineer on 1/7/2016. No success. PC would not boot from the memory stick.

Tried to "Reset" the stick. Reset stopped at 48%.

Any suggestions.

GeorgeMoloney, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 update sticks at 77%

Thanks, but this didn't help. I eventually downloaded the program to reset or reinstall Windows, but when I ran it the computer again stuck with a permanent message saying the installation had been unsuccessful and it was undoing the update and the dreaded
    infinite circle of doom.

WilliamKnull, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Maggidon Win User

Here's something that took place since last time I posted. The download completed but won't install. It repeats the download if you ask it to but still doesn't install. This is the message I get.
    Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB3080333) - Error 0x80070643
    This has to do with Silverlight and there is supposedly a Microsoft fix for it with one of these download fixes. This is found here ...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ark-fixitforme

Has anyone on the forum run into this and is this a legit fix?

Maggidon, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Maggidon Win User
    C'mon now people ... let's not all play shy now!!! It's a good thing ones' life didn't depend on the speed of replies on this place!!! :-D

Maggidon, Aug 17, 2015
  6. iiiHuman Win User
    I had been looking for a solution to this but I somehow didn't come across the one from Microsoft. I came across this message and was finally able to find it that way.

I have successfully used these automatic "Fix It" programs from Microsoft in the past. However, in this particular instance for me personally, it did not work. Fortunately, the text that they also provided to modify registry entries using a batch/command file did work to finally resolve the problem in my case.

Of course, others may still have success using the Microsoft automatic "Fix It" program instead. I always recommend to try using those first if they are available.

*Smile

iiiHuman, Aug 26, 2015
  7. Maggidon Win User
    Thank you iiihuman for your reply. I could get no help here but mine eventually healed itself. Not sure what took place there but all is well up to this point. I am still going to keep, as another has said, a Fire Extinguisher close by.

Maggidon, Aug 26, 2015
  8. malika Win User

You can just selectively update this one. Here is a guide to do it... I think it's the third option. Download from M$ and you will be running in minutes.
    Taking Back Control Of Windows 10 Updates Techgage

I guess you can then re-enable it later.

malika, Sep 15, 2015
  9. Maggidon Win User
    Thanks for the pointer. For some weird and totally wonderful reason, I haven't had that problem since the time I posted it. It seemed to have healed itself.

Maggidon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update sticks at 67% - Similar Threads - update sticks 67%

2. Windows 10 Updates always sticking at 100%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates always sticking at 100%: I work in IT for a company that uses registers with Windows 10 that constantly have issues where Windows will update and get stuck at 100%. We'll reboot, again get stuck at 100%. We have to keep rebooting until it finally lets us get past the screen. This happens at least...
  3. Windows 10 Updates always sticking at 100%

Windows 10 Updates always sticking at 100%: I work in IT for a company that uses registers with Windows 10 that constantly have issues where Windows will update and get stuck at 100%. We'll reboot, again get stuck at 100%. We have to keep rebooting until it finally lets us get past the screen. This happens at least...
  4. Windows reset stuck at 67

Windows reset stuck at 67: My pc is stuck at 67 when i reset it. It is connected to wireless and is less than 5 metres from the router. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-reset-stuck-at-67/566e7548-5c90-487c-a3e3-3703fc0152c3
  5. HP PC stuck at 67%

HP PC stuck at 67%: I bought a new computer and have all of my old files on the new computer. I am going to give the old one to my Grandson. I started the reset at 1:00 pm yesterday. It is now 8:30 a.m. and the computer is still at 67%. I have no idea what to do. I do not have a USB flash...
  6. Windows update stick at 30%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update stick at 30%: Stuck on 30% for couple of hours now and i dont know if i should turn it off or just wait submitted by /u/Secytoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jsemns/windows_update_stick_at_30/
  7. Max volume locked to 67%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Max volume locked to 67%: So, I recently noticed my max volume on windows 10 won't go over 67%. I can move the dial up to 100% but the max volume is still locked at 67%, when I test the sound device, it reaches a peak of 67% It has been a huge annoyance since the volume is really low. When I use my...
  8. update windows 10 usb stick

update windows 10 usb stick: has any one tried to see if they can update the stick my Idea is too delete the old use the media create tool and send it to the flash drive. reason it doesn't have the drives for internet brand new motherboard and it had no internet the LAN wouldn't work until 1809 was...
  9. Weekly Windows 10 Insider Program Pulse #67 Survey

in Windows 10 News
    Weekly Windows 10 Insider Program Pulse #67 Survey: Welcome to our Weekly Windows Insider Pulse Poll. Please answer the following questions on how you feel about the Windows Insider Program and our flights from this week. We take your feedback seriously and we will use the results of these weekly polls to represent Windows...
  10. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already: We already knew Windows 10 was going to be popular. So much so that Microsoft reportedly purchased as much as 40 Tbps of bandwidth from content delivery networks (CDNs). The company was already hitting 10Tbps on July 28, when the update was only available to Insiders. Now, it...