Windows 10: Windows 10 update stuck at 25%

Discus and support Windows 10 update stuck at 25% in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [img] [img] windows update is stuck for months on 25%, is this problem known? or is there a way to reset it? 30029 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Catman155, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Catman155 Win User

Windows 10 update stuck at 25%

Windows 10 update stuck at 25% [​IMG]

Windows 10 update stuck at 25% [​IMG]

windows update is stuck for months on 25%, is this problem known? or is there a way to reset it?

:)

Catman155, Nov 14, 2015

2. windows 10 update download stuck at 25%

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1. Try to run windows update troubleshooter.

• Try to go in Control Panel and try to search for troubleshooting.

• Under troubleshooting select windows update.

• Try to run it.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: Reset Windows Update Components

I suggest you to manually reset the Windows Updates Components. Refer to the steps below to reset the Windows Updates Components:

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer
    and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
    Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the
    ENTER key after you type each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 14, 2015
  3. windows 10 update download stuck at 25%

Original Title: windows 10 update download

I just bought a computer with windows 10 and it was downloading updates when it got stuck on one update at 26%. What can I do?

Thomas D Small, Nov 14, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update stuck at 25% - Similar Threads - update stuck 25%

2. Window update stuck at 25% for 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window update stuck at 25% for 10 hours: I require urgent help. I had my laptop update before closing and it has been stuck at 25% for more than 10 hours. I have important files to acces inside it. Please help!!I'm not sure what the update is. What accion should I take to gain back access to my laptop? My main...
  3. Window update stuck at 25% for 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window update stuck at 25% for 10 hours: I require urgent help. I had my laptop update before closing and it has been stuck at 25% for more than 10 hours. I have important files to acces inside it. Please help!!I'm not sure what the update is. What accion should I take to gain back access to my laptop? My main...
  4. Update installation stuck at 25%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update installation stuck at 25%: I started my windows 11 update today. After downloading the update, the installation started and now it's been more than 2 hours. But the installation is stuck at 25%.Please guide me....
  5. Update installation stuck at 25%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update installation stuck at 25%: I started my windows 11 update today. After downloading the update, the installation started and now it's been more than 2 hours. But the installation is stuck at 25%.Please guide me....
  6. Update installation stuck at 25%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 11 installation stuck at 25%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installation stuck at 25%: Hello, I want to know why my Windows 11 installation is stuck at 25%, its like that for almost as hour now and it has slowed down my pc. How can I solve this?...
  8. my update is getting stuck at 25%

my update is getting stuck at 25%: my windows 10 is updating to the 21H1 version, but it keeps getting stuck at 25%, sometimes it wont even start and I cant seem to fix it, I've restarted the update a lot of times but it still doesn't work... pls I need help...
  9. computer stuck rebooting 25% into 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    computer stuck rebooting 25% into 20H2 update: about four hours ago, i had decided that it was finally time to let my computer update just to get the pop up reminders to leave me alone. about an hour in, at 25% progress, my computer restarts. and restarts. and restarts. it's been doing this for a little under two hours....
  10. Windows 10 update to 1903 stuck at 25%, due to Avast Antivirus.

Windows 10 update to 1903 stuck at 25%, due to Avast Antivirus.: I tried to update my version of Windows 10 to 1903, but the update is stuck at 25%. When I try to fix this issue, the response was "Uninstall, or update Avast Antivirus App, because this version of Avast is incompatible with Windows 10". But I couldn`t find anything from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update stuck at 25%

2. KB452008

3. windows update stuck at 25

4. windows 10 version 1803 frozen at 25%,
  5. windows 10 update stuck at 25%,
  6. stuck at 25,
  7. windows update status installing stuck 25%,
  8. windows update cannot progress past 25%,
  9. windows 10 update 1803 stuck 25%,
  10. why is mt windows 10 update at 25%,
  11. Win 10升级卡在25%,