Windows 10: windows 10 update troubleshoot

Discus and support windows 10 update troubleshoot in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Whenever I run a windows update troubleshooter it keeps saying windows pending updates fixed and service registration is missing or corrupt fixed.Why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by aris003, Oct 4, 2017.

1. aris003 Win User

windows 10 update troubleshoot

Whenever I run a windows update troubleshooter it keeps saying windows pending updates fixed and service registration is missing or corrupt fixed.Why is that.Ihave windows 10 creators update.gtx 750ti fx 6300 and 8gb of ram the updates wont download automatically. i have to check if there are any updates or not .I have been trying to fix my pc for 8 months or maybe more....I even did a clean install and still 1 fast start up doesn't work 2 updates wont download automatically 3 windows store troubleshooter says that the cache is corrupted and cant be fixed via reset 4 there is a bits error that I don't remember and I wont check cause I am disgusted 5 update troubleshooter keeps saying pending updates fixed and service registration fixed.it would be a miracle to fix all these problems

:)

aris003, Oct 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Oct 4, 2017
  3. How to Install Windows 10 on Devices with Limited Space

Even though I have an external device with more than 40 Gb capacity and the assistant recognizes it, it still keeps asking me to free 5 more Gb from the (unit Cwindows 10 update troubleshoot :).

I have 3'62 Gb free memory in (Unit Cwindows 10 update troubleshoot :). It asks me to free 5'63 Gb more. That'll make a total of 9'25 GB. The assistant needs 9'80 GB free memory to update windows 10 without any external device. Does this mean that my external device will only be used
    for 0'55 GB? Please I don't understant anything. I just want my laptop to work. I'd stay with my actual version but it keeps showing me ads, interrupting my work and deleting random stuff because of uninterruptible random updates. It has already freed 3 GB
    and I dont even know where from.

Thank you.

Update windows 10 error, Oct 4, 2017
  4. windows 10 update troubleshoot

Hi aris003. Interesting that a clean install has issues or redeveloped issues with updates.

Are you doing anything to try to manage updates (metered connections), installed additional software to protect privacy, installed software to alter start or install registry cleaners or registry tweakers?

I'm going to skip Fast Start up until we get updates running again.

If you ... Windows Key + R, type winver, enter. Please post version and OS build numbers.

This tutorial should resolve Updates. (It will clear update history.) Would still like to hear about software or other mods you might have.

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

Might I ask, where you are located is it possible that your machine is being powered off during updates, power flickers or what ever you want to call them?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 4, 2017
  5. aris003 Win User
    I have uninstalled avast which used to be my old anti-virus.my pc doesnt power off while updating and for some reason it won't automatically install updates.no i haven't done any mods.the only cleaner that i have is ccleaner but the issues were already there.before i do the clean install i changed where the updates would install which failed saying failed to start msi update

aris003, Oct 4, 2017
  6. Okay. Try the tutorial. If that fails I would go with inplace repair / upgrade. Then clean.

You already did clean, from post #1.

Lets see how reset goes.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
  7. aris003 Win User
    I did it..the mmc blocked me from opening everything...doing an sfc and i am scared

aris003, Oct 5, 2017
  8. DavidY Win User

I noticed the other day that the Windows Update Troubleshooter page on Microsoft's website seems to be giving the same version for Windows 7/8 as for Windows 10, and my suspicion is it gives the Win 7/8 version when Windows 10 is selected.

Does it make any difference if you use the version from following the steps here?:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-update-errors

DavidY, Oct 5, 2017
  9. aris003 Win User
    Dont think so.still scared

aris003, Oct 5, 2017
  10. Okay we all understand your concerns, its good to be cautious.

When you did the inplace repair upgrade something in MMC blocked you

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
  11. aris003 Win User
    I did the windows update reset and mmc blocked me.not the in place upgrade.i ran an sfc and now its fine i thunk

aris003, Oct 5, 2017
  12. Okay. So updates are happening?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
  13. aris003 Win User

I said that it failed it said that something failed . I restarted and opened services and said smth about mmc.it might have made worse the situation since i saw a raise in temperature

aris003, Oct 5, 2017
  14. The update shouldn't make things worse. The temperature rise could be Windows settling in, re-indexing, downloading updates even if they don't work, etc.

I think you have bigger issues then just Updates. If update jumps in with error messages. Known your data is backed up, please say yes, I would investigate the possibility of a clean install. Yes more work but a better product out the other end.

Next time you get an error message you need to do a screen print a post the message, it helps the members help.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
  15. aris003 Win User
    I said.i followed your guide for the update reset.i did what it said i should until it said that something failed.once it failed it closed up.i restarted my pc and when i opened the services.msc an error popped up.it said smth about the mmc.i have done a clean install in the past.it didnt fix my issues

aris003, Oct 5, 2017
Thema:

1. windows 10 update troubleshoot - Similar Threads - update troubleshoot

2. Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...: Tried to resolve Windows Update KB5034441 error 0x80070643 by following ever step to the dot from KB5028997.This at the start of the process. I had a perfectly normal machine.-Selected Disk 0, and partition 5. Deleted that partition in diskpart as instructed.-Created a new...
  3. Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...: Tried to resolve Windows Update KB5034441 error 0x80070643 by following ever step to the dot from KB5028997.This at the start of the process. I had a perfectly normal machine.-Selected Disk 0, and partition 5. Deleted that partition in diskpart as instructed.-Created a new...
  4. Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After update windows auto repairs, troubleshoot can't access anything because wrong...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update windows auto repairs, troubleshoot can't access anything because wrong...: After the update windows ran into "Automatic Repairing" but many of options in advanced settings in troubleshoot, requires account's password and it's says wrong!!! Even I changed password in case I forgot, Soo? Like there's no way except new windows installation, a month ago...
  6. After update windows auto repairs, troubleshoot can't access anything because wrong...

After update windows auto repairs, troubleshoot can't access anything because wrong...: After the update windows ran into "Automatic Repairing" but many of options in advanced settings in troubleshoot, requires account's password and it's says wrong!!! Even I changed password in case I forgot, Soo? Like there's no way except new windows installation, a month ago...
  7. After update windows auto repairs, troubleshoot can't access anything because wrong...

8. Darshan Hiranandani : My Windows Update keeps failing. How can I troubleshoot this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Darshan Hiranandani : My Windows Update keeps failing. How can I troubleshoot this?: Hii, I am Darshan Hiranandani, I hope you're doing well. I'm currently facing an issue where my Windows Update keeps failing repeatedly. It's becoming quite frustrating, and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it effectively. Could you please provide some guidance or steps I can...
  9. Darshan Hiranandani : My Windows Update keeps failing. How can I troubleshoot this?

Darshan Hiranandani : My Windows Update keeps failing. How can I troubleshoot this?: Hii, I am Darshan Hiranandani, I hope you're doing well. I'm currently facing an issue where my Windows Update keeps failing repeatedly. It's becoming quite frustrating, and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it effectively. Could you please provide some guidance or steps I can...
  10. Darshan Hiranandani : My Windows Update keeps failing. How can I troubleshoot this?