Windows 10: Windows 10 update 'unplugged' my laptop soundcard. Help.

Discus and support Windows 10 update 'unplugged' my laptop soundcard. Help. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi; It seems the last windows update (which i have since rolled back from to no avail) has 'unplugged' my internal soundcard in my alienware m17x r4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Whydidiupgrade, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Windows 10 update 'unplugged' my laptop soundcard. Help.

Hi;

It seems the last windows update (which i have since rolled back from to no avail) has 'unplugged' my internal soundcard in my alienware m17x r4 (a soundblaster recon 3di).

Turned computer on to find speakers not working and not listed under playback devices, jacks and headphones were however ok.

Today I tried to fix it by uninstalling all creative drivers and reinstalling (hadn't looked at device manager at this point). On trying to reinstall everything kept giving me "no supported device" type errors and wouldn't allow me to put creative drivers or software back on (tried extracting packages, running as admin etc).

Then I had a look at device manager only to find my soundcard was no longer listed but even worse there are no mystery devices to install drivers for. It also won't detect any new hardware. Using the add legacy option only gave me one option from creative as a manufacturer which was totally inappropriate. Dxdiag also shows no soundcard now, and the bios has nothing mentioning a sound device. There are however two entries under system devices in device manager called "high definition audio controller".

After a lot of rebooting I seemed able to install a driver successfully (using an installer, not directly via device manager) and the sb control panel (which I need for my jacks to work), however still no soundcard showing, no speakers and no sound through jacks. Eventually I tried using a program called drivereasy to check my drivers thinnking it might see something i couldn't. Happily I saw it had an entry for an audio device, and even listed it correctly as a recon 3di and offered to download an updated driver. However...it lists the device as unplugged.

How on earth do i force windows to see it again or virtually plug it back in?!

Since 'upgrading' from windows 7 Ive had a few problems with the sound and installing drivers but never had the entire device vanish....even from device manager. At my wits end, googled my arse off, tried a lot of suggestions but am going quietly insane.

:)

Whydidiupgrade, Sep 24, 2016

2. Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed) - ASUS Xonar U7

Thank you for your reply. The Xonar U7 works properly on two portables at my house, both running Windows 10 Home. The soundcard VID & PID are read correctly on both portables. The external soundcard is properly enumerated, drivers loaded and the external
    card performs as expected. When I unplug the soundcard from the portable and connect it to the desktop, the VID and PID are not read correctly. That has not changed even a single time since I first started this thread.

Best Regards,

AudioRestore

Well it worked for me and then it didn't anymore. Apparently it didn't worked when I added a new portable hdd on the usb 3.0 hub where the xonar was plugged.

I tried to re do the operation but on a windows 10 laptop.

It didn't worked anymore. First time I tried with a Windows 7.

So It must be something with Windows 10 that is causing problems. Did you every tried to connect it to a windows 7?

alec

AlexandruTarassoff, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Settings Won't Stay

Hello everybody,

I had a computer made and set up just to run music & music videos at my bar. The DJs use OTSAV-DJ 1.9 program to run the music & vids. Also, I personally installed a Creative Blaster zx soundcard as well. The OTSDJ program needs a second soundcard to
    be able to "cue" or listen to a song just in the headphones separate of the audience music. This is essential.

The problem is..... I set up all the settings for both soundcards, computer monitor and TV outputs, I can restart the computer several times and everything works fine. I shutdown the computer at night when we close BUT when the day-shift comes in the
    next day, and the computer is turned on, the settings have changed. Very frustrating!

I have deleted all the apps that Windows 10 would allow me to delete. The internet to this computer has been disconnected. I read about a program in Win.10 that will automatically adjust computer settings if ....lets-say, one of the speaker outputs
    from the soundcard gets unplugged the computer will automatically compensate and change the settings. I don't know if this is what's happening because nothing is being unplugged or mistakenly turned off overnight. All outlets have consistent power. I appreciate
    your help.

Thank you,

DJ Paul

Paulenator, Sep 24, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 update 'unplugged' my laptop soundcard. Help.

1. Windows 10 update 'unplugged' my laptop soundcard. Help. - Similar Threads - update 'unplugged' laptop

2. unplugged laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unplugged laptop: Hi , i just got a new laptop with i5 11400hrtx 3050 4gb 16gb ramwhenever i unplug my laptop it starts lagging and the cpu ghz is at 1 ghz i want to fix that and make my laptop run at best performance even if that will effect my battery life idrc i'm using windows 11....
  3. unplugged laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unplugged laptop: Hi , i just got a new laptop with i5 11400hrtx 3050 4gb 16gb ramwhenever i unplug my laptop it starts lagging and the cpu ghz is at 1 ghz i want to fix that and make my laptop run at best performance even if that will effect my battery life idrc i'm using windows 11....
  4. Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10: Hi. Suddenly a couple of days ago my microphone seemed to stop picking up sound. I've used an external usb soundcard for a couple of years and not had any problems and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I thought the headphones might be broken so I bought a new pair but...
  5. Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio: A bunch of updates came in. After, my audio on the computer is now flat and miserable poor quality. I tried to rollback audio drivers and it did not seem to help.This is what came in today as far as audio is concerned. How can I undo the changes this made to my system so I...
  6. Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio

Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio: A bunch of updates came in. After, my audio on the computer is now flat and miserable poor quality. I tried to rollback audio drivers and it did not seem to help.This is what came in today as far as audio is concerned. How can I undo the changes this made to my system so I...
  7. Windows updates ruined my soundcard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates ruined my soundcard: A bunch of updates came in. After, my audio on the computer is now flat and miserable poor quality. I tried to rollback audio drivers and it did not seem to help.This is what came in today as far as audio is concerned. How can I undo the changes this made to my system so I...
  8. Windows updates ruined my soundcard

Windows updates ruined my soundcard: A bunch of updates came in. After, my audio on the computer is now flat and miserable poor quality. I tried to rollback audio drivers and it did not seem to help.This is what came in today as far as audio is concerned. How can I undo the changes this made to my system so I...
  9. Soundcard problems in windows 10

Soundcard problems in windows 10: I have a ASUS P5Q SE Plus motherboard running windows 10. My problem seems to be that the software I am using BUTT cannot see any sound source. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/soundcard-problems-in-windows-10/6b62ebb6-4aea-47c9-8f93-39ee43473340
  10. USB Soundcard issue since Windows 10 Creators Update

USB Soundcard issue since Windows 10 Creators Update: Hello, I wonder if anyone could help me please. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and I'm having USB soundcard issues, since updating to the creators. I have tried a couple of different USB cards one being an Asus U3 and the other being a cheaper USB soundcard "Ugreen". I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. soundcard unplugged in pc

2. sound card unpluged windows 10