Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Will Not Load

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Will Not Load in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I launch the settings and go to Update, it loads forever instead of opening the options. I have Googled to try to solve this issue but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MrTissues, Oct 21, 2015.

1. MrTissues Win User

Windows 10 Update Will Not Load

When I launch the settings and go to Update, it loads forever instead of opening the options.

I have Googled to try to solve this issue but nothing has worked for me.

I've tried running this diagnostic: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-us
    I've tried running these .bat files to reset Windows update: Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums

So far nothing has worked for me unfortunately. I am wondering if anyone here has any other ideas of what I could do to fix this problem?

:)

MrTissues, Oct 21, 2015

2. latest Windows 10 update will not load

Hi John,

I really appreciate the input but, sad to say, this didn't work. I did those commands at the c:\windows\system32 prompt. They seemed to cycle through okay. The

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

said they weren't active. The second group didn't have anything to report after executing. The last four seemed to take fine.

The update window came back and started its progress. It went through everything. I came to my login and it's now been a black screen for the last 40 minutes or so with a blank box in the upper left corner
    that says "personalized settings."

Any further thoughts greatly appreciated.

Yours, Bill

BillHewitt1, Oct 21, 2015
  3. latest Windows 10 update will not load

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your response. What's been happening is this:

And it just this minute restarted, even though I've put Windows Update on manual. Here's the message they're giving me:

Some versions of Windows 10 display a notification to install the latest version

Applies to: Windows 10 Pro released in July 2015Windows 10 Version 1511Windows 10 Home, released
    in July 2015
    More

Summary

If you're currently running Windows 10 Version 1507, Version 1511, or Version 1607, you can expect to receive a notification that states that your device has to have the latest security updates installed. Windows Update
    will then try to update your device.

When you receive the update notification, click Update now to update your device.

This update is also offered directly to Windows Update Client for some devices that have not installed the most recent updates.

Windows 10 Version 1507 and Version 1511 are currently at "end of service." This means that devices that are running these operating systems no longer receive the monthly security and quality updates that contain protection
    from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends that you update the system to the latest Windows version, Windows 10 Version 1709.

Windows 10 version 1607 is not yet at "end of service." However, it must be updated to the latest versions of Windows 10 to ensure protection from the latest security threats.

To learn more about the "end of service" status for these versions of Windows 10, see the frequently asked questions for Windows
    10 Version 1507
    or Windows 10 Version 1511.

The problem lies in the fact that have the update cycles through and then I come to my original startup screen where it ask for my password so that it should then go to my personal settings, it just goes to a black screen. I've tried letting it run, but
    it just doesn't go anywhere. So, HOW do I get the update to go all the through so I can use my PC again. I'm running a Dell Inspiron 1545 and Windows 10 Home.

Your further help would be appreciated.

Yours, Bill

BillHewitt1, Oct 21, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Oct 22, 2015
  5. MrTissues Win User
    Thank you for your post. I performed this scan in the administrator elevated command line and saw no integrity check failures.

Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240] (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.[/quote]

MrTissues, Oct 23, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    Sometimes you need to run it a few times. This note explains your options.

Windows 10 Update Will Not Load [​IMG]

I ran into the same problem back with 8.1 after the Nov update. It took forever to fix, but it finally did.

Edit: the system restore might not be turned on this seems to be the default. So you might not have any restore points. Turn it on when the problem is fixed.

JohnC, Oct 23, 2015
  7. MrTissues Win User
    Thanks again for your help. Nothing worked for me except for doing a repair install of the OS. Kind of annoying it came to that but oh well, I am an early-ish adopter! Other than this Windows 10 has been great.

MrTissues, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Will Not Load - Similar Threads - Update Load

2. XBOX APP will not load or update on my PC WIN 11 Pro/64 what can I try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX APP will not load or update on my PC WIN 11 Pro/64 what can I try: I have repaired store and deleted and re installed XBOX app.. no help, error code 0x80070426 latest ver. of OS runningI own games now that I cannot install due to this malfunction. any and all help is appreciated....
  3. XBOX APP will not load or update on my PC WIN 11 Pro/64 what can I try

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX APP will not load or update on my PC WIN 11 Pro/64 what can I try: I have repaired store and deleted and re installed XBOX app.. no help, error code 0x80070426 latest ver. of OS runningI own games now that I cannot install due to this malfunction. any and all help is appreciated....
  4. Windows Update will not load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update will not load.: I have Windows 11 installed and have not had any problems over the past 1+ year since I installed it as an upgrade to Windows 10. Since then, about once a month I run Windows Update to check for any updates, and when found, I have always installed them with no trouble....
  5. Windows Update will not load.

Windows Update will not load.: I have Windows 11 installed and have not had any problems over the past 1+ year since I installed it as an upgrade to Windows 10. Since then, about once a month I run Windows Update to check for any updates, and when found, I have always installed them with no trouble....
  6. stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing: my hp computer is stuck on loading screen after an update and shutdown i accidenty force shut it down because i forgot about the update moreover the update screen wasnt there so i didnt know it was updating what do i do it has been stuck on the loading sreen for the past hour...
  7. stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing

stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing: my hp computer is stuck on loading screen after an update and shutdown i accidenty force shut it down because i forgot about the update moreover the update screen wasnt there so i didnt know it was updating what do i do it has been stuck on the loading sreen for the past hour...
  8. stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Microsoft System Update loads of weird stuff automatically to my computer under an...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft System Update loads of weird stuff automatically to my computer under an...: Hello, this was automatically downloaded to my machine as part of the system updates last Thursday. I has specifically asked for the update not to take place until after the Easter weekend and my request was automatically overruled meaning my computer was unusable over...
  10. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...