Windows 10: Windows 10 update won't update Office 2016

Discus and support Windows 10 update won't update Office 2016 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Per this article, Microsoft claims that Windows update will download Office updates for the user: Update Office and your computer with Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by roblinb, May 5, 2016.

1. roblinb Win User

Windows 10 update won't update Office 2016

Per this article, Microsoft claims that Windows update will download Office updates for the user:

Update Office and your computer with Microsoft Update - Office Support

On three different computers I've configured it this way, and none of them have ever downloaded an Office update. It's annoying to have to manually do it all the time.

Have any of you had any luck updating Office via Windows update? If you have, please share any things that you've done to make it work. Thanks.

:)

roblinb, May 5, 2016

2. Latest update (March 2016) keeps trying to update Office XP onto Office 2016 on Windows 10

Why is the latest update (13 March 2016) trying to update Office XP on on a new PC with Office 2016 on Windows 10?

"Office XP Service Pack 3 - Error 0x80096004"

Anon E. Mouse, May 5, 2016
  3. Can't get June 2016 updates for Windows 10

From the "check for update" page of the control panel I tried to update Windows 10 yesterday (June 15, 2016). The message I got was "Updates available" and listed an update for "Office 2010 32-bit", even though I have Office 2016 for a 64-bit p.c.

After about an hour-and-a-half, I checked back and hat page still indicated that 0% had been down-loaded.

I tried to update Windows 10 again today and got the same message about the Office 2010 update (even though I have Office 2016). The update page was still frozen at 0% and I couldn't get any other updates, except for Windows Defender.

Thus, the latest update for Windows 10 is for May 2016.

Any suggestions?

AmyShimada, May 5, 2016
  4. arachnaut Win User

In Windows Update 'Advanced Options', have you checked, 'Give me updates for other MS products...'?

arachnaut, May 5, 2016
  5. roblinb Win User
    Yeah I did. Followed the directions to the T, link provided above.

roblinb, May 5, 2016
  6. roblinb Win User
    I don't like to bump threads, but I have another laptop that I recently updated from Windows 7 to 10. It has Office 2010 installed, and Windows update does download patches for it.

It's odd that on my three other computers, Windows update doesn't patch Office 2016. Anyone else ever ran into this issue?

roblinb, Jun 13, 2016
  7. borhan48 Win User
    I'm having same problem as mentioned in the original title, i.e Office 2016 not updating via windows update. I'm using the same laptop, 2 months ago all was well but suddenly windows update is not offering office 2016 update via windows update. Give me updates for other Microsoft product is still checked.
    Any advice?

borhan48, Jan 10, 2018
  8. Windows 10 update won't update Office 2016

Apparently Office is updated through "Click to Run" and checks for updates on its own daily. You should see a Click to Run entry in your update history. I went to the File Menu > Office Account and then to the Office Updates > Office Options drop down and manually updated from there. It did an update to office. I don't know how you see what Office updates are done though? Windows update doesn't show them? And clicking the view updates option from that drop down menu just takes you to a web page?

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update won't update Office 2016 - Similar Threads - update won't update

2. Office 2016 updates not present on Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2016 updates not present on Windows 10 Update: I have recently installed the Volume Licensing version of Office 2016 Standard and Activated it. No Windows Updates have appeared after several days; just Defender antivirus updates. Previously, installs immediately triggered Office 2016 updates via Windows Updates. 2016 is...
  3. how to stop office 2016 update on windows 10

how to stop office 2016 update on windows 10: Hi, My client is running windows 10 and we want to stop specific update from reinstalling since it cause solidwork to crash now and then. The offending updates are: KB3114874, KB 4022137, KB4011274, KB2553347 I download show/hide update from...
  4. Clean Office 2016 update files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Clean Office 2016 update files: I recently updated Microsoft Office 2016 with the latest patches via Windows update. There were tons of updates. Like with Windows 10, I would like to clean the cache where the outdated files are stored, and possibly the registry. There are 4 GB of data somewhere on my...
  5. Office 2016 updates "error 0x8024002d"

Office 2016 updates "error 0x8024002d": Hi, recently for some reasons I uninstalled MS Office 2016, however while in the process by mistake I went in Settings and checked for updates. The Windows 10 found the updates from the picture below but they couldn't be installed. Then I restarted my PC, went to the...
  6. Windows Features Update 1903 and Office 2016

Windows Features Update 1903 and Office 2016: I have just updated from Win 10 1809 to 1903 and now every time I go to go into my Office 2016 suite of programs I have to enter the Product key, Instal then when the program opens I have to Activate it by re-entering the product key and re-installing again. I tried to...
  7. office 2016 does not show updates

in Microsoft Office and 365
    office 2016 does not show updates: I have updated several times office 2016 via word file ->account: button: update options: update now : it sayes: your office is up to date. Then i click update options: view updates and it opens a microsoft webpage but does not show updates I've done the same with excel: same...
  8. Windows 10 won't update after installing Office 2016 and Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't update after installing Office 2016 and Visual Studio: So, I recently installed Office 2016 and Visual Studio Enterprise 2017, which I need for work and school. Before this I had just installed the Creators Update a few days ago and all is working fine. I searched for updates today, a bunch came up for Office but none for VS....
  9. Office 2016 on Windows Preview update

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2016 on Windows Preview update: About a month ago, we invited anyone to participate in Office 2016 on Windows Preview. We now have over one million customers using the Office Preview across both Windows and Mac platforms. When we started the preview, we noted we would be adding features regularly for...
  10. Check for Updates in Office 2016 for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check for Updates in Office 2016 for Windows: How to: Check for Updates in Office 2016 for Windows How to Check for Updates in Office 2016 for Windows [img] Information If you have Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows checked in your Windows Update settings, then Windows Update will...