Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Won't Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Won't Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; *What*What*WhatMy Updates that show for my Windows 10 are the following: • Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AFTommy, Aug 11, 2015.

1. AFTommy Win User

Windows 10 Update Won't Update

*What*What*WhatMy Updates that show for my Windows 10 are the following:

• Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.1973.0).
    • Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3054979) 64-Bit Edition.
    • Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3087916).

NONE WILL DOWNLOAD...they are sitting in a "Downloading updates 0%" state for hours with no progress from zero.
    I am not interested in the one for Microsoft Office 2010 because the program is not on the computer, but., I am definitely interested in the two security update for Windows Defender and Flash Player.

As always any and all help is appreciated

:)

AFTommy, Aug 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Aug 11, 2015
  3. How to Install Windows 10 on Devices with Limited Space

Even though I have an external device with more than 40 Gb capacity and the assistant recognizes it, it still keeps asking me to free 5 more Gb from the (unit CWindows 10 Update Won't Update :).

I have 3'62 Gb free memory in (Unit CWindows 10 Update Won't Update :). It asks me to free 5'63 Gb more. That'll make a total of 9'25 GB. The assistant needs 9'80 GB free memory to update windows 10 without any external device. Does this mean that my external device will only be used
    for 0'55 GB? Please I don't understant anything. I just want my laptop to work. I'd stay with my actual version but it keeps showing me ads, interrupting my work and deleting random stuff because of uninterruptible random updates. It has already freed 3 GB
    and I dont even know where from.

Thank you.

Update windows 10 error, Aug 11, 2015
  4. MNMary Win User

I'm having the same problem, but I've got 16 updates that are stuck at 47% and 16 that are waiting to install. What can we do?*Sad

Mary

MNMary, Aug 11, 2015
  5. AFTommy Win User
    When I find out I will let you know. Have you tried download them manually by using the kb number (google the number of the update and download it. ) long process but I would try the security ones first

AFTommy, Aug 11, 2015
  6. MNMary Win User
    I don't know why this whole automatic updates isn't working and I hope this isn't going to be a problem with the future updates.

I wrote down each download that was stuck and went to MS download center and downloaded them manually.
    (What a pain!)

That worked for all but Cumulative update for Windows 10 for x64-basedsytems KB 3081436. That one failed to install. I retried that one several times, but I just get the message that they will be retried later. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Mary

MNMary, Aug 11, 2015
  7. AFTommy Win User
    AFTommy, Aug 11, 2015
  8. AFTommy Win User

http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...f93a7bf99e.msu

AFTommy, Aug 11, 2015
  9. AFTommy Win User
  10. MNMary Win User
    In researching the problem with the Cumulative update KB3081436 failing to install. I went to the View history in Windows Updates and uninstalled KB3081424. That did the trick! After uninstall, PC rebooted and installed KB3081436. Apparently that was blocking the download and install of KB3081436 Cumulative update for Windows 10 for x64-based systems. (I don't know if it blocked all the other downloads/installs or not)
    I then ran Check for updates and it now shows everything is up to date.
    I hope the automatic update works next time. I'd hate to go through all this again!
    Mary

MNMary, Aug 11, 2015
  11. To all having Win 10 update problems with or without error codes, try this link Windows 10 upgrade and the 0X80246008 error - Microsoft Community I Read the 1st ANSWER with the blue 'PA' box carefully. After I did this suggestion this morning ALL of my Windows/Defender updates and the apps started running with out any problems. As of this evening I continue to get updates as needed especially the Defender updates and the apps run fine as well. Good luck and have a great evening! *Smile

robbie2745, Aug 12, 2015
  12. Hi,
    My laptop also has this problem.
    However I do not have the KB3081424 to uninstall.
    I have tried using the standalone installer without success.

Any help greatly appreciated.

lafargeotte, Aug 12, 2015
  13. MrGlass Win User

Same here on one of my installs yesterday... searching for a fix myself

MrGlass, Aug 12, 2015
  14. Tried most things to fix this, nothing worked.

So did a Repair Install and now PC is up to date on Windows Update.

lafargeotte, Aug 14, 2015
  15. nitehawk Win User
    hey i was wondering if we could turn off auto update under services.exe?
    or is microsoft one step ahead of the crowd?

also is there a way to delete all updates like one could in older windows versions to get updates working again?

nitehawk, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Won't Update - Similar Threads - Update Won't Update

2. Windows 10 won't update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't update.: So, I have an HP elitedisk 800 G1 Tower pc and windows 10 but I can't update my windows vesion to the latest one 22H2 My pc restarts but it prompts me to the choose windows boot because I have windows 7 Ultimate Installed on another hard drive. Is there a way to skip the...
  3. Windows 10 won't update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't update: Split from this thread. Hi I have version 1709 with OS build 16299.19.I have not been able to upgrade either to the newest version of windows 10 or windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-update/b7f24a02-43f5-4b5d-b8f2-7ddbcfb034b9
  4. Window 10 won't update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 won't update.: I'm Frustrated. My windows 10 needs an update, I attempt to update but i get a message that reads. "What needs your attention, The following things need your attention to continue the installation and keep your windows settings, personal files, and apps. VirtualBox, Manually...
  5. Window 10 won't update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 won't update.: I'm Frustrated. My windows 10 needs an update, I attempt to update but i get a message that reads. "What needs your attention, The following things need your attention to continue the installation and keep your windows settings, personal files, and apps. VirtualBox, Manually...
  6. Windows 10 won't update

Windows 10 won't update: Can't update Windows 10. Error says, "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." After running troubleshooting, says the same thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-update/5b75c7f3-b25b-4891-9598-f0a106b84efe
  7. Window 10 won't update

Window 10 won't update: I've attempted to upgrade Windows 10 1909 to 2004, but failed each time. Windows Update Assistant seems to function, but in the end I still have 1909. No error messages and no other signs of trouble, just no update....
  8. Windows 10 won't update

Windows 10 won't update: I tried switching to the Windows Insider Program a few days ago, but my computer isn't upgrading properly. I have been able to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1909 OS build 18363.778. The problem now is that when I go to the Windows Update screen, I see a red...
  9. Windows 10 won't update.

Windows 10 won't update.: Recently,I wanted to updated my windows because I haven't update for a long time,when I was trying to update the windows keep saying the same message 'awating download/install' and sometime it give me an error message said 'Download error - 0x8024a206'.I been searching google...
  10. Windows 10 won't update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't update: I'm posting here to comply with instructions from zbook on this thread. Details of my dilemma are posted there. Let me know if you want them cut/pasted/posted here. My system information zip file is attached. 96663