Windows 10: Windows 10 Updated with the wrong program

Discus and support Windows 10 Updated with the wrong program in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had Windows 7 Pro (64-bit). When Windows 10 upgraded, it installed the 32-bit system. Why? And how can I get that fixed? 25923 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by coach2live, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Updated with the wrong program

I had Windows 7 Pro (64-bit). When Windows 10 upgraded, it installed the 32-bit system. Why? And how can I get that fixed?

:)

coach2live, Oct 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 updated to the wrong version

I was on Windows 8.1 Pro but now after the upgrade to windows 10 I have the Home edition. Can someone help me as I do not want to pay again for the Pro version

Edmundvan den Berg, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 updated to the wrong version

What we can do if this doesn't work? I've tried to update through windows media creation tool, but it keep installing windows 10 home instead of windows 10 pro.

I didn't select windows 10 home, obvioulsy, because the procedure was totally automatic....

appaloosadream, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Updated with the wrong program

DustSailor, Oct 10, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    If the OP has an activated Windows 10 now, there is no need to go back to the old OS and do a new upgrade. The OP can just clean install the 64 bit version of the Windows 10 they have now. But, you are correct, it is impossible to do an "upgrade" from 64bit to 32bit. The only way possible to change bit level in either direction is with a clean install.

NavyLCDR, Oct 10, 2015
  6. Thanks, I forgot. Clean install since it has already been activated with the computer.

DustSailor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Updated with the wrong program

1. Windows 10 Updated with the wrong program - Similar Threads - Updated wrong program

2. Windows 10, versio 21H1 update & now colours are wrong on certain programs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10, versio 21H1 update & now colours are wrong on certain programs.: I updated to the new version of Windows 10, 2021-06 versio 21H1 x64 KB4023057. It also included some strange update options:— Intel - Other hardware - IntelR XeonR E3 - 1200 v6/7th Gen IntelR CoreTM Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 591F— ViewSonic - Monitor - 2/24/2017 12:00:00...
  3. Windows 10 Opening Multiple MP3 in wrong program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Opening Multiple MP3 in wrong program: I have the .mp3 file extension associate with WinAmp. I have a folder with 28 MP3 files in it. If I double-click and/or select a single MP3 file and hit enter, the file opens in WinAmp as expected, always. If I select all 28 mp3 files in the directory and press enter,...
  4. Windows 10 Update Gone Wrong?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Gone Wrong?: Hello all! Recently I decided to finally crack open the used windows 7 thinkpad I bought sometime ago. Once I did I immediately ran into constant issues and so I decided to delete everything except for my personal files. I then proceeded to download the media tool off...
  5. Windows closes the wrong program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows closes the wrong program: Going all the way to the "x" on the top right of the screen closes out the programs BEHIND the program I am trying to close out. All applications are full screen, Windows, not me, just selects the wrong program to close. It glitches out or something and goes to the farthest...
  6. Windows 10 uses the wrong mail program.....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 uses the wrong mail program.....: Just upgraded the Win 10 to build 1909 in combination with Office 365. When you want to reply in an email, Windows starts the built-in email program instead of the Office 365. I can't find where to tell Windows to use Office 365.... Anyone else with similiar problems?...
  7. Windows Defender wrongly detect the program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender wrongly detect the program: I work for a cyber security company. Our program keeps being detected by Windows Defender. For that reason, we submit the file through the URL below and hope it would be whitelisted in Defender. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission The Submission result...
  8. windows 10 push wrong update ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 push wrong update ?: i use win 10 1809 and windows update push me the "KB4465065". This update is a "microcode update" for specific CPU. I have an i5-9600K so i shouldnt recive this update. Can you give me some suggestion?thanks 135391
  9. windows 10 push wrong update ?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 push wrong update ?: i use win 10 1809 and windows update push me the "KB4465065". This update is a "microcode update" for specific CPU. I have an i5-9600K so i shouldnt recive this update. Can you give me some suggestion?thanks 135391
  10. Windows 10 opens DVDs with wrong program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 opens DVDs with wrong program: VLC is set to be the default player in the settings for every format. When I insert a DVD into the drive, it autostarts with VLC, no problem there. However, when I double-click on DVDs in the file explorer, they open with Cyberlink PowerDVD instead. There's also no option to...