Windows 10: Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic

Discus and support Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My company is using Windows 10 workstations for print servers and are constantly receiving Windows 10 updates. We are finding that after remotely or in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertDraina, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic

My company is using Windows 10 workstations for print servers and are constantly receiving Windows 10 updates. We are finding that after remotely or in person, logging into the workstation as Administrator, Windows 10 Enterprise will start doing an update. In some cases we are finding that the workstations, which are set to a static I.P. addresses, are changing to automatic DHCP and are losing their set I.P. addresses. I see this was an issue with a 2016 update KB3201845 but have seen no mention of this since. Are there still bugs in the current Windows 10 updates that are causing the loss of a static I.P. address due to the DHCP setting switching to automatic?

:)

RobertDraina, Aug 14, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 14, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic

Lag boot time DHCP

Changing the adapter settings involve changing the IP and subnet mask; therefore I checked my router DHCP information and tried the suggestions from this page. Unfortunately when manually entering IP & subnet mask information, rather then let Windows do it automatically, the network ceases to work ?

I can't seem to resolve the problem with DHCP when the laptop boots, without disconnecting the network connection.

JerometheGiraff, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic

1. Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic - Similar Threads - updates static DHCP

2. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  3. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  4. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP: The setup I'm using requires a static IP.From time to time, haven't figured out any pattern, Windows 10 changes it back to DHCP. Sometimes the "new" settings menu shows DHCP, while the old style Control Panel > Network still shows the values I've set to.Any ideas what can be...
  6. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP: The setup I'm using requires a static IP.From time to time, haven't figured out any pattern, Windows 10 changes it back to DHCP. Sometimes the "new" settings menu shows DHCP, while the old style Control Panel > Network still shows the values I've set to.Any ideas what can be...
  7. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

8. Static DNS with DHCP in Windows 10

Static DNS with DHCP in Windows 10: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1909. I've just moved from Mac to Windows 10 and have really enjoyed it so far. The only small (and I do mean small) issue I'm having is the fact that I can't setup network locations the way I could on the Mac. In other words, I could setup location...
  9. Static DNS with DHCP in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Static DNS with DHCP in Windows 10: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1909. I've just moved from Mac to Windows 10 and have really enjoyed it so far. The only small (and I do mean small) issue I'm having is the fact that I can't setup network locations the way I could on the Mac. In other words, I could setup location...
  10. Static IP adress vs DHCP

Static IP adress vs DHCP: Hi I've just updated a W7 machine to W10. The update has take all the settings from W7 and the machine was operating without problem before the update. When running W7 the machine had a static IP address of 192.168.1.1 and all of the other machines could access the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change dhcp from static to automatic windows 10

2. windows 10 changer dhcp

3. windows 10 updates change my dhcp settings

4. windows 10 dhcp to automatic