Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates download sucking up bandwidth

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates download sucking up bandwidth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I work for a small company. We have no WSUS server. I've noticed that if I build a fresh machine and go to run the updates, it consume our entire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrgKain, Oct 27, 2015.

1. DrgKain Win User

Windows 10 Updates download sucking up bandwidth

I work for a small company. We have no WSUS server. I've noticed that if I build a fresh machine and go to run the updates, it consume our entire internet connection. This did not / does not happen with our Windows 7 machines.
    We have a 30 MB connection, when no updates our going, our average use is about 8 mb. When the updates start to download it jumps all the way up to 30MB any every computer on the network has trouble getting to any website. At times, the website will just time out.

I've turned on and off the options to get updates from more than one source. Machines on Lan, on the internet...ect.
    Changing the settings does not seem to change the amount of bandwidth it sucks up while downloading the updates.

Has anyone else had the same problem or know how to resolve it?

:)

DrgKain, Oct 27, 2015

2. i want to prevent windows 10 from downloading updates without my permission. how to do that?

I want to prevent "Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System" from downloading updates

without my permission

It is annoying

it sucks

i just want it to ask me

whether to download an update

or not

simple

but it is downloading all without asking

or confirmation

it has occupied all the bandwidth

and it is seriously **** sucks

i may have some important work

to do and want my bandwidth totally free

until i ask OS to download the updates

that i have chosen it must not download any

how to do that?

Such feature was available in previous versions of windows

like 8.1, 8 & 7

Joshi Harsh, Oct 27, 2015
  3. Turn Off Feature Update

This is the second time I've had no internet for 6 hours because of the huge Win10 feature update. The think sucks up so much bandwidth I couldn't even send this this post until it stopped.

I need it turned off, or at least able to be delayed so it can download when I'm sleeping.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

SidneyCritic, Oct 27, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Updates download sucking up bandwidth

If you have a router with QoS, can try setting bandwidth limits on the ports that WUDO (the Windows update delivery optimization) uses. It's TCP 7680 and UDP 3544.

sciencegeek, Oct 28, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates download sucking up bandwidth

1. Windows 10 Updates download sucking up bandwidth - Similar Threads - Updates download sucking

2. Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth?: Just upgraded to a new laptop (Dell inspiron 7501, intel ax201 wireless card, OS build: 19042.867), and have been noticing significant throttling when downloading large files. E.g.: when I run speed test normally I see a download speed of ~80Mpbs. Just browsing the web or...
  3. The new Windows 10 update sucks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The new Windows 10 update sucks: Since the entire computer got an update, the file explorer also got an update. Now it shows the files I downloaded yesterday and past files. It is HALF convenient, half not. Why? I have some downloaded files that won't show up. I downloaded a song like not too long ago, and...
  4. WINDOWS 10 UPDATES SUCK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATES SUCK: WHAT IS THE POINT OF ME EVEN HAVING WINDOWS 10 IF ITS GOING TO **** ME UP THE **** WITH 102 BILLION UPDATES EVERY HOUR THAT MAKES MY BROWSER SLOW TO A CRAWL WHENEVER I'M TRYING TO SWITCH TABS OR LOAD A **** VIDEO OR EVEN JUST PULL UP ANOTHER PROGRAM WHILE I HAVE THE ****...
  5. Specify Absolute bandwidth that can be used to download Windows Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Specify Absolute bandwidth that can be used to download Windows Updates in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Every Windows Update that is rolled out, includes programs and applications that contain packages with exceptionally large files. As such, downloading and distributing these updates […] This article Specify Absolute bandwidth that can be used to download Windows...
  6. Windows updates suck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates suck: I am so annoyed right now. This is not the first time, or the second, but the third time in a row that Windows has forced my computer to update at a time that I did not schedule it too!!! All three times I have been in the middle of recording a tutorial, and now 20 more...
  7. windows update sucks

windows update sucks: I did clean install of windows but yet I still cant install (KB4515384) - Error 0x800f0982 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-sucks/ca257298-9aa8-4c67-8ba0-620bf311ee36
  8. Windows updates suck!

Windows updates suck!: Every time I do an update I have to reset. I spent so much money on people who need to fix my pc. Please stop updating. Just stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-suck/566460e0-0624-44c1-81d0-70f62d607062
  9. win 10 [ updates suck]

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 [ updates suck]: are there future plans to fix these permissions problem in windows 10 ? I ask because I just received the replacement laptop for the one Windows !0 update shot right in the gut. Slowly but surely I lost permissions for personal files and it went down hill from there to...
  10. Windows 10 update download uses entire bandwidth

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update download uses entire bandwidth: Hi all,Whenever windows downloads updates, it always uses the entire internet bandwidth. Due to this, I can't even check emails ,even antivirus can't download updates and it takes many hours before I can finally use the PC. I find this a big pain that I can't even do basic...