Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates Rename Folders And Will No Longer Let Me Rename

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates Rename Folders And Will No Longer Let Me Rename in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Every time I get one of these involuntary updates from Microsoft, my PHOTOGRAPHS folder is renamed MUSIC. The folder icon changes also. Up to now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hfrank, Dec 4, 2016.

1. hfrank Win User

Windows 10 Updates Rename Folders And Will No Longer Let Me Rename

Every time I get one of these involuntary updates from Microsoft, my PHOTOGRAPHS folder is renamed MUSIC. The folder icon changes also. Up to now it has merely been a nuisance. But after the most recent update, the RENAME option disappeared from the drop-down menu that appears when I right click on any folder showing in File Explorer.

Suggestions?

:)

hfrank, Dec 4, 2016
  2. JayHanig Win User

I can't rename files in Windows 10

I'm accustomed to handling my photos with Windows Explorer. Since my upgrade from 8.1 to 10, I find that 1) I can no longer rename a file folder by right clicking the folder, although the option is there... it just doesn't work. 2) I am unable to do
    a mass rename of all the photos within a folder using the right click and then the "rename" option. Once again, the option exists but it no longer does anything.

I do find I can rename a single file by selecting "property" instead of "rename" and then retyping the name in the resulting window. That doesn't help me much when there's a dozen or more file names to change to the same thing, ie, "Boat001.jpg", "Boat002.jpg",
    etc.

JayHanig, Dec 4, 2016
  3. Renaming local files and folders issue

When I try to rename a folder or file in my local drive on my laptop (in Windows explorer), Windows allows me to rename the folder or file. The issue is that it gives me an inconsistent amount of time to rename the folder or file. Sometimes it will give
    me 5 seconds to rename it or 2 seconds, but it never works properly (no time limit). Does anyone know of a fix?

*I am on the Windows 10 anniversary update

destructor1022, Dec 4, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Updates Rename Folders And Will No Longer Let Me Rename

move the files to the windows folder "photos/images"

shadowesfall, Dec 4, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates Rename Folders And Will No Longer Let Me Rename

1. Windows 10 Updates Rename Folders And Will No Longer Let Me Rename - Similar Threads - Updates Rename Folders

2. Windows wont' let me rename directories & folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont' let me rename directories & folders: You go into a folder, look at what is in it the folder and realize it should be called something else. So you close the files you were looking at and try to fix the folder's name, but Windows gives an error message saying you can't do that because something in the folder is...
  3. Windows wont' let me rename directories & folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wont' let me rename directories & folders: You go into a folder, look at what is in it the folder and realize it should be called something else. So you close the files you were looking at and try to fix the folder's name, but Windows gives an error message saying you can't do that because something in the folder is...
  4. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  5. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  6. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. renaming folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    renaming folders: I cannot rename folders with the usual right click method. When I right click and try to rename, I get 2 messages: 1) "Can't find the specified file." Then when I x out of that message, I get: 2) "The file or folder does not exist." I can rename the folder by going to the...
  8. Rename folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename folder: Hi It's not possible Rename. When you change the name, all five folders change to the same. Best regards, Peter[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/rename-folder/5ae40fa8-392b-4a94-ace7-fc1d5aa6c2ab
  9. Rename Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Folder in Windows 10: How to: Rename Folder in Windows 10 How to Rename Folder in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you different ways to rename a folder in Windows 10. *note If a folder is currently in use, for example by a program, Windows will not allow you to rename it. *note If...
  10. Window 10 won't let me delete or rename a file in my Download folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Window 10 won't let me delete or rename a file in my Download folder: To the OP: Doesn't it ask you to enter your admin credentials? It should be as simple as that. When you get the dialog box saying "You'll need to provide Administrator permission to copy to this folder" what options are you given? I modified the registry to add "Take...