Windows 10: Windows 10 updates experienced multiple 3Gb - 5 Gb downloads

Discus and support Windows 10 updates experienced multiple 3Gb - 5 Gb downloads in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have been on windows 10 for a few years. I have recently (this month of August 2019) experienced multiple 3Gb - 5 Gb downloads that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesHellyer, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 updates experienced multiple 3Gb - 5 Gb downloads

Hi, I have been on windows 10 for a few years. I have recently (this month of August 2019) experienced multiple 3Gb - 5 Gb downloads that are unexplained. My service provider says it is probably windows updates? Anybody having a problem like this? and could it be failed downloads of version 1903 that are not advised to me the user? Does Windows advise one of failed updates? If not why not?

:)

CharlesHellyer, Aug 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 updates

Hi, I have been on windows 10 for a few years. I have recently (this month of August 2019) experienced multiple 3Gb - 5 Gb downloads that are unexplained. My service provider says it is probably windows updates? Anybody having a problem like this? and
    could it be failed downloads of version 1903 that are not advised to me the user? Does Windows advise one of failed updates? If not why not?

CharlesHellyer, Sep 28, 2019
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 updates experienced multiple 3Gb - 5 Gb downloads

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 updates experienced multiple 3Gb - 5 Gb downloads

1. Windows 10 updates experienced multiple 3Gb - 5 Gb downloads - Similar Threads - updates experienced multiple

2. Hello! I'm experiencing an issue with Windows 11 update downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello! I'm experiencing an issue with Windows 11 update downloads: Hello! I'm experiencing an issue with Windows 11 update downloads. Every time I try to install new updates, the process hangs at 20%, and then I receive error code 0x80070422. I've attempted to restart the Windows Update services, but it hasn't helped. Has anyone encountered...
  3. Hello! I'm experiencing an issue with Windows 11 update downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello! I'm experiencing an issue with Windows 11 update downloads: Hello! I'm experiencing an issue with Windows 11 update downloads. Every time I try to install new updates, the process hangs at 20%, and then I receive error code 0x80070422. I've attempted to restart the Windows Update services, but it hasn't helped. Has anyone encountered...
  4. Been experiencing multiple BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been experiencing multiple BSODs: System Information local Computer name:DESKTOP-NUG91H0Windows version:Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 22621 x64Windows dir:C:\WindowsHardware:ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING WIFICPU:AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor 8664, level:...
  5. Been experiencing multiple BSODs

Been experiencing multiple BSODs: System Information local Computer name:DESKTOP-NUG91H0Windows version:Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 22621 x64Windows dir:C:\WindowsHardware:ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING WIFICPU:AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor 8664, level:...
  6. Still experiencing multiple Blue Screens after apply updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Still experiencing multiple Blue Screens after apply updates: I have implemented most of the updates that were recommended by Bruno Leonel here. It appeared it was working but after 11 days I started to see bluescreens again. The last two are linked below! The only item I could not complete on Bruno's list was the msdt.exe /id...
  7. Windows asking me to download 17179869184.00 GB of update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows asking me to download 17179869184.00 GB of update.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VaibhavAcharya111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/illmot/windows_asking_me_to_download_1717986918400_gb_of/
  8. After win update photos changed size from 4 gb to 3gb and cannot open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After win update photos changed size from 4 gb to 3gb and cannot open: I was transfering files from my phone's SD card to my computer desk and suddently I got a message that said my C: disk was full, so when I checked the folders I realized all the files inside (photos and videos) had the same size depending on the folder they were on, and now a...
  9. Multiple issues experienced on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple issues experienced on Windows 10: Split from this thread. @Jason_E (MSFT) How about a couple of more? - Wifi doesnt connect fast on Windows start, stays disconnected often for about 1-2 minute until finally connects, connection speed after entering login screen is totally random, can be 2 seconds, 10...
  10. 3GB converted down to 30MB in about 5 mins....!!

3GB converted down to 30MB in about 5 mins....!!: It might already be common knowledge but thought I'd pass on the fact that I had a valuable 3.2GB .avi video file of family and friends needing to be uploaded to a cloud account but couldn't find anything anywhere to compress it. About to give up after hours of frustration I...