Windows 10: Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have just installed the latest build of Windows 10 and checked for updates. It showed 4 driver updates (for chipset and graphics driver) which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by werty, Jan 23, 2015.

1. werty Win User

Windows 10 updates

Hi, I have just installed the latest build of Windows 10 and checked for updates. It showed 4 driver updates (for chipset and graphics driver) which I don't want to be installed. Can I ignore them (or hide like in Windows 8.1) and install the updates only for Windows?

Thanks,

:)

werty, Jan 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jan 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jan 23, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 updates

Try to right click on each update and you should be able to select hide.

HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 23, 2015
  5. werty Win User
    This is what it shows. I cannot select them - can only see details.

werty, Jan 23, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Sorry, I was thinking of the old way that updates were performed.. I'm not sure how it would be performed now.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 23, 2015
  7. werty Win User
    I have already set the Advanced system setthing like this but I am not sure if Windows will skip this updates

werty, Jan 23, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 updates

That should do the trick

BunnyJ, Jan 23, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    No, it doesn't, keeps on pushing some wrong ones.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 updates

1. Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - updates

2. Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable: How do I update ‘virus and threat protection’ when engine is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-update-needed-but/535d6aa6-3fbf-42f7-91ab-9aedf471a6a7
  3. Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable: How do I update ‘virus and threat protection’ when engine is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-update-needed-but/535d6aa6-3fbf-42f7-91ab-9aedf471a6a7
  4. Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Quickbooks is crashing after installing recent Microsoft Windows 11 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickbooks is crashing after installing recent Microsoft Windows 11 updates: In the past couple of weeks, Quickbooks is crashing doing various functions after Windows Updates were installed. I am running Windows 11 Home 23H2 under the most recent version of Parallels. Intuit verified that my company files are good and then working with Parallels we...
  6. Quickbooks is crashing after installing recent Microsoft Windows 11 updates

Quickbooks is crashing after installing recent Microsoft Windows 11 updates: In the past couple of weeks, Quickbooks is crashing doing various functions after Windows Updates were installed. I am running Windows 11 Home 23H2 under the most recent version of Parallels. Intuit verified that my company files are good and then working with Parallels we...
  7. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  8. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  9. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643

Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643: I am running Windows 10 Update and getting the error 0x80070643.I was trying to follow the instructions in the following thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643/e6473fa4-f2d4-42c3-b4be-266b43454306However after completing...