Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant possible malware

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant possible malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please be of assistance I run Windows 10 on my laptop. For some weeks now a shortcut appears on my desktop named "Windows 10 Update Assistant" and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OttoScholtz, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant possible malware

Please be of assistance

I run Windows 10 on my laptop. For some weeks now a shortcut appears on my desktop named "Windows 10 Update Assistant" and even when uninstalling this it just simply reappear every time over and over again and this is not a Microsoft linked product. Please help?

:)

OttoScholtz, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Still possible to upgrade to Windows 10

Yea, joke, sort of... referring to the dialogs that popped up in the middle of using Windows 7 to upgrade to Windows 10, with no apparent option to say f*ck off and leave me alone. I know two people who had their system update to Windows 10, and they never agreed to it.

Sasqui, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant possible malware

Still possible to upgrade to Windows 10

I confirm.
    Did several clean installs on laptops at work not too long ago. All had a regular consumer win7 Pro key (non-CSM). Never-ever used for upgrading or previous clean installations of Windows 10.
    Installed W10 Pro 1709. Every single key was accepted activated right away.

I think the only thing that's not available now is a Windows 10 Upgrade assistant (or whatever it's called).

silentbogo, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant possible malware

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant possible malware - Similar Threads - Upgrade Assistant possible

2. Possible Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Malware: Recently a computer vendor installed a MS WINDOWS 11 and since then, my PC isn't under my control. It feels like someone else is also using it. After it was installed Microsoft Defender is not accessible/ not available. And there's a strange folder in one of my local disks....
  3. Possible Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Malware: I was trying to enable Core Isolation on my Windows 11 machine. I get an error about incompatible drivers. When I check, its a file named toupcam.sys.I checked it with Defender, it says no threat was found.I checked it on virus total and it flagged it as malicious, by a...
  4. Possible Malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Malware: I was trying to enable Core Isolation on my Windows 11 machine. I get an error about incompatible drivers. When I check, its a file named toupcam.sys.I checked it with Defender, it says no threat was found.I checked it on virus total and it flagged it as malicious, by a...
  5. Possible malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible malware?: So I don't really know anything but I think there might be a malware in this computer that windows defender cannot detect.My drivers work perfectly fine but today they were kind of off and glitchy. And then I got a warning and shut off the driver. After a while it turned on ,...
  6. Possible malware?

Possible malware?: So I don't really know anything but I think there might be a malware in this computer that windows defender cannot detect.My drivers work perfectly fine but today they were kind of off and glitchy. And then I got a warning and shut off the driver. After a while it turned on ,...
  7. Possible malware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Possible Malware

Possible Malware: So recently I was downloading some files and now there’s a shortcut that brings me to the msn site heart with pulse in the hidden icons section. Anyone know what this is? Should I be worried and how do I remove it? i cannot right click the icon and no name pops up when i...
  9. Possible malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible malware: Hello, I am completely freaking out and was hoping for some expert advice. I was going to download something from the internet through mega, but without realising it I was redirected to another site which made me download an exe file not my best day. As I proceed and thought...
  10. Windows 10 Update Assistant possible Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Update Assistant possible Malware: Please be of assistance I run Windows 10 on my laptop. For some weeks now a shortcut appears on my desktop named "Windows 10 Update Assistant" and even when uninstalling this it just simply reappear every time over and over again and this is not a Microsoft linked product....