Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade BSOD after first reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade BSOD after first reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running win 8.1 64 bit. I have been trying to upgrade to win10 x64. I have tried both RS3 and RS4 builds. I have tried several times. I am able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kalnas1, Oct 14, 2017.

1. kalnas1 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade BSOD after first reboot

I am running win 8.1 64 bit. I have been trying to upgrade to win10 x64. I have tried both RS3 and RS4 builds.
    I have tried several times. I am able to get the upgrade to complete. However, each time after I do a first reboot after windows boots into windows10 and finishes the installation I get a BSOD, system service exception(nothing more specific-does not list any driver). I cannot even get into safe mode. I have tried startup repair(couldnt diagnose a problem) and running system file scan(no integrity violations). I cant get into win10 to get a crash log to submit for analysis. I have to roll back to windows 8.1. I have an amd fx 8350 cpu, nvidia gtx 770 graphics card, mb is asus m5a99x pro. Ram is 12 gb of supertalent 1866 el ddr3. I have made sure my drivers are up to date. I also have disabled antivirus during upgrade(avast 17.7.2314). Anyone have any suggestions to try or know how to get the system dump without being able to get into win10? I have updloaded the requested info from the bsod forums, but it obvioulsly doesnt have the bsod info as this is from my current 8.1 installation.
    Thanks

:)

kalnas1, Oct 14, 2017
  2. Ken-OP Win User

After upgrading from Windows 7 to 10, I recurrently get the Bad Pool Header BSOD and Windows 10 won't run

• Downloaded and installed Windows 10 as an upgrade from Windows 7 which was working fine
    • Installation went well but, when Windows 10 started up, after a few moments, I get the BSOD Bad Pool Header error and it reboots;
    • After rebooting, I again get the BSOD Bad Pool Header.
    • Ultimately, rolled back to Windows 7 because I never had a stable Windows 10 desktop.
    • Once, upon rebooting, it performed a CHKDSK--no errors found;
    • Once, I appeared to have a stable Windows 10 desktop--but then developed the BSOD Bad Pool Header when I opened Outlook or Explorer for the first time.
    Suggestions? I'm now back in Windows 7 and would like to use Windows 10.

Ken-OP, Oct 14, 2017
  3. windows 10 PAGE FAULT IN NON_PAGED AREA (WdFILTER.sys)

I have a Medion desktop and after upgrading from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 ran for around a week before experiencing the following problem ' PAGE FAULT IN NON_PAGED AREA (WdFILTER.sys)' BSOD. I have made no changes since upgrading to Windows 10
    - no hardware, drivers or software. The only changes have been via Windows Update. Indeed, the first time I saw the error Windows Update was 96% complete then this error. I obviously have to reboot but the machine only gets to the stage of loading then it
    happens again. Sometimes I can access Apps or Settings then BSOD.

I've had a look in many forums but the only (potential) solutions are based on Windows 8. Nothing for Windows 10.

Any help / suggestions appreciated.

M

Mike1952-1936, Oct 14, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

zbook, Oct 16, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    zbook; how do you know it's pirated software? I'm just asking.

Plankton, Oct 16, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    There is software on the computer which diverts Windows activation.

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade BSOD after first reboot - Similar Threads - Upgrade BSOD reboot

2. Windows 10 BSOD loop on first startup after install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD loop on first startup after install: My laptop is too laggy with Windows 10 ver 21H1 so I installed Windows 10 1909 64bit. Everything goes fine at setup, but after rebooting it just gets a BSOD with the error code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and the laptop restarts. Then it loops over again. Strangely enough, 32bit...
  3. Windows Feature Update stops after first reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Feature Update stops after first reboot: Hello, I'm updating a number of workstations from 1709 to 1909, I apply the Feature Update, from SCCM, for this. This worked OK for all till the last workstation. On this one workstation the update stopped after the first reboot, after the Feature Update was installed....
  4. First time upgrade to Windows 10 :)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    First time upgrade to Windows 10 :): Hey, I'm replacing my 10 year old PC with its Windows 7 Prof. 64bit installation. I think I still got that license from my university or so. Any chance I can convert that license for a fresh install on my new PC? If yes, how? If no, where to best get a valid license? Also,...
  5. Fresh Win 10 installation crashing after first reboot

Fresh Win 10 installation crashing after first reboot: I have a 2018 iMac and I am installing a fresh copy of Win10 Home 64 bit after the most recent update made the system crash after every reboot. After successfully reinstalling this on a fresh partition now it crashes on every reboot / reinstall whether i install any updates...
  6. Random BSOD - First BSOD after windows format

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD - First BSOD after windows format: I got a bsod 4 days after a fresh windows installation. For many months I have been trying to figure out a kernel41 error with no bugcheck that would intermittently restart either idle or under stress, more so could take a month to restart or do it twice a day --- Background....
  7. BSODs after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after upgrading to Windows 10: I get a lot of pagefile errors. Sometimes these will occur when the computer sits idle for a while, sometimes it happens when I'm downloading quite a bit of data (updated Star Citizen [~35 gigs] and it blue screened twice). I've been working for weeks to try to diagnose...
  8. Windows 10 installation freezing after first reboot

Windows 10 installation freezing after first reboot: I have recently been trying to upgrade to windows 10 on a used alienware aurora r3 pc. I got my reservation, checked the windows 10 app every day, and finally, I was ready to get the upgrade, but I'm having issues installing it. After windows update downloads everything and I...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade fails after first restart

Windows 10 upgrade fails after first restart: So I used Upgrade Assistant tool to upgrade my Windows 10 Anniversary copy to Creators Update. As soon as copying files is done, the computer restarts as usual. But there's something uncommon, my computer did not boot and entered straight to BIOS screen. I found out that...
  10. Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck: I upgraded to win 10 today from 7. After rebooting my screen now shows windows wallpaper (one of their scenic view wallpaper) as I had a custom picture and it displays the date and time in the left corner. See attached picture. I have no cursor and the keyboard doesn't work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aurora r3 windows 10 reboot

2. alienware aurora r3 windows 10 driver_power_state_failure