Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade causing extension problem

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade causing extension problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HELP; Ever since I downloaded the newest upgrade I've been unable to open certain files. I get a message stating there is something wrong with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmorgans, Nov 4, 2017.

1. jmorgans Win User

Windows 10 upgrade causing extension problem

HELP;

Ever since I downloaded the newest upgrade I've been unable to open certain files. I get a message stating there is something wrong with the extension. I unloaded the upgrade and reloaded it but it still shows that same error. I know I'm not a whiz at computers but I'm not stupid either. I will admit I could be missing something due to my vision impairment.
    If anyone else has had this problem please help.
    Thanking anyone in advance for their effort in trying to help.

Regards
    John

:)

jmorgans, Nov 4, 2017
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 4, 2017
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Pirx Win User

What's the exact error message? I'm pretty sure it's not "there is something wrong with the extension".

Pirx, Nov 4, 2017
  5. jmorgans Win User
    Prix;
    Thanks for the reply.

The information I have is this.

error status 0xc000012f

stream 32.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.
    I have always used notebook with no problems until the upgrade, liked I stated I'm not a whiz with the computer. I realize this could be something simple I just can't see it.
    Thanks again for your help
    regards John

jmorgans, Nov 5, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    stream 32.dll
    There is usually no space character in file names, can cause problems.

Berton, Nov 5, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Windows did not cause the problem, the software you are using caused the problem. It does help if you state what the software that you are trying to use, that is throwing up problems. As for error messages, we have a separate forum on here that is for helping to diagnose those logs. Are you sure that it is not Steam that is causing issues? There is no such dll as Stream32. Now there is a error message that has to do with Office 365 and it is AppVlsvstream32.dll.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade causing extension problem - Similar Threads - upgrade causing extension

2. Problem caused by reformat Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem caused by reformat Windows 10: About a month ago my employer purchased a new computer for me for the office and gave me the existing computer for personal use at home. After making sure I had all the files, etc., I needed to transfer to the new computer I reformatted the old computer. But there is a...
  3. Upgrading to win 10 causing problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading to win 10 causing problems: Having upgraded from win 7 to win 10 caused a number of problems most of which have been solved though. However, one particular problem resists any attemps to be loosed. I cannot open photos and or videos from my facebook friends any more. I keep getting this message:...
  4. Windows 10 Lockscreen causing problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Lockscreen causing problems: So I booted up my laptop today which is on Windows 10 1909 OS build 18363.959. On reaching the lockscreen I saw I didn't have a wallpaper but a blackscreen with clock and then I pressed spacebar so that I could open the password entering field. As soon as I pressed it the...
  5. Windows 10 last upgrade caused a problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 last upgrade caused a problem: I get: windows ran into a problem: Stop code: IRQL_not_less or equal Windows upgraded to Build 19587. rs_prerelease. 2001313-1639 need help it crashes...
  6. Display Drivers causing problems after upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Drivers causing problems after upgrade: I am trying to upgrade a Windows 7 Pro desktop to Windows 10 Pro via a clean install. Everything goes smoothly until Windows installs the display drivers. With an AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics card installed, Windows locks up completely when installing its auto-detected...
  7. Latest Windows 10 Upgrade Causing New Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 Upgrade Causing New Problems: The latest upgrades to my Windows 10 brought about some issues that I did not have with my previous version of Windows 10. I'm reporting these so they can be addressed. 1) After the upgrade I was forced to make, I found that my laptop's ability to play streaming...
  8. Problem with file extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with file extensions: Hi , A virus changed all of my file extensions in my windows ( internal hard , external hard , flash drives ) and add the extension( .etqfc ) to all files in my computer how can I delete these extensions with one command in command prompt or powershell ?...
  9. windows 10 upgrade causing errors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 upgrade causing errors.: Hardware driver for my all in one Lenovo desktop won't update since the newest windows 10 upgrade, its showing device unknown. I tried to update directly from lenovo website but I still have unknown device with no compatible drivers available for this device. Anyone else have...
  10. Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems: I just updated Windows 10 today. It wasn't the usual update, this one took a while. Anyways, for some reason, I have noticed I seem to have problems with my laptop after it updates. This time around, I get a black screen when I put my laptop on sleep and try to log back in....