Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade change Excel default configuration

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade change Excel default configuration in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I upgraded my Windows 10 on 23-9-16. now when I open Excel 2010 the default display is changed. When Excel was opened previously the 'Home' tab was... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Haroon, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Haroon Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade change Excel default configuration

I upgraded my Windows 10 on 23-9-16. now when I open Excel 2010 the default display is changed. When Excel was opened previously the 'Home' tab was expanded and the various groups are visible. Similarly when any other tab is clicked the groups are automatically exposed. Now when I open Excel only the tabs are seen. If I click on a tab it expands the heading to show groups but disappears when you move back to the worksheet. How do I go back to always show the expanded groups?

:)

Haroon, Sep 23, 2016
  2. LBRH Win User

How can I change date format (mm/dd/yy) to dd/mm/yy ?

Ok, if I do that, I don't have the correct data, I mean, I type 15/10/07 (in dd/mm/yy format), but excel not recognize this data in a date format, in other words excel interprets with another kind of data (General format), and if I try to choose date format,
    excel not accept it, not change it. If exist any procedure to configure dd/mm/yy date format by default on Excel I appreciate your help!

3. acciebill Win User
    Date Changes

Have just noticed that since downloading Windows 10 all the dates in excel files/sheets have been changed to US configuration.

A real pain and time consuming to change these back to UK configuration.

WHY?

acciebill, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade change Excel default configuration

1. Windows 10 Upgrade change Excel default configuration - Similar Threads - Upgrade change Excel

2. PC Default Excel 2010 to newer Excel Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Default Excel 2010 to newer Excel Windows 11: On Windows 11 the default spreadsheets app was switched to 2010 version of excel. When clicking on a spreadsheet file of any file type the the 2010 program opens but does not open with a spreadsheet just as gray and blank. The common fix is to go to Apps>Default apps>ExcelBut...
  3. PC Default Excel 2010 to newer Excel Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Default Excel 2010 to newer Excel Windows 11: On Windows 11 the default spreadsheets app was switched to 2010 version of excel. When clicking on a spreadsheet file of any file type the the 2010 program opens but does not open with a spreadsheet just as gray and blank. The common fix is to go to Apps>Default apps>ExcelBut...
  4. Is there a way to change default channels configuration in audio devices?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to change default channels configuration in audio devices?: When I click configure button, I can choose between stereo and 5.1 options. I want to use it in stereo. But it always resets to 5.1 after reboot, so I have to open this menu after every reboot.Is there a way to save it permanently to stereo, or to change the defaults, or to...
  5. Changed Excel to default. Now I cannot open any program.

Changed Excel to default. Now I cannot open any program.: Hello, I first set excel to open all .tsv files by default. Then excel has somehow become the default to open all applications, and changing all document icons to excel. I cannot fix this and so I uninstalled mocrosoft office. Now nothing and I mean NOTHING will open on...
  6. Can't change default app to Excel from Notepad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change default app to Excel from Notepad in Windows 10: Can't change default app to Excel from Notepad in Windows 10. It wants me to go to the MS Store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-default-app-to-excel-from-notepad-in/d1df39fe-366c-486c-93ee-883e6d492857
  7. print default margins for excell

print default margins for excell: how do i change the print default margins for excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-default-margins-for-excell/d8ac211d-dac0-403a-a465-644f63a433b0
  8. Windows 10, upgrades, & Excel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, upgrades, & Excel: I have been trying to use my Excel program for the last week without success, Today I tried doing some upgrades to that program. I received an error code#0x80072ee7. Does anyone know what is happening? I desperately need this program....
  9. Excel change default comment font weight

Excel change default comment font weight: In Excel 2010 the default comment font has been bold for me for as long as I can remember (even in a fresh install in Win 10). In this post Title Bar Text Size - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums The common fix of changing the tooltip font works for the font size but...
  10. Excel issues following upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel issues following upgrade to Windows 10: Hello, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and excel has seemingly changed to the American version. Defaults are to US date/currency format and even when changing the language back to UK it doesn't change. Everything was fine before the upgrade so definitely related....