Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade failed to install network protocols

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade failed to install network protocols in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just finished performing my Winows 10 free upgrade from Windows 7. Under windows 7 I was connected to my home network using two NIC 1GB cards bridged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JEdwardLeavitt, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade failed to install network protocols

I just finished performing my Winows 10 free upgrade from Windows 7. Under windows 7 I was connected to my home network using two NIC 1GB cards bridged together. After the upgrade I find that I don't have internet access because I have no connectivity. This lack of connectivity is reported as:

One or more network protocols are missing from this computer

What caused this? How do I fix it without internet? What else is broken?

Thank you.

J Leavitt

:)

JEdwardLeavitt, Mar 11, 2016
  2. donaldhalverson, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Stella Teo, Mar 11, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade failed to install network protocols

Your either going to have to go to your mother board manufacturer or Lan card manufacturer's web site and download them. You could also try some or all of the solution's on this thread
    One or more network protocols are missing, solution

As for the One or more network protocols are missing from this computer message I think there is a bug in Windows 10 and at this point in time you can't get rid of it but your network card will work.

sml156, Mar 11, 2016
  5. Thank you for your input. I contacted Micorsoft Support and rolled back the upgrade. He then remoted in and inspected my system. You were right, he was concerned by the two built in NICs on the motherboard and it turns out that they are the problem. The motherboard was built by Intel and it's so old that they are not going to update the drivers. While I was on Windows 7 he had me install all of the updates including the optional ones just in case there was an updated driver among them. I then re-upgraded Windows 10, but still had the same problem.

My plan is to purchase two NICS and install them in two empty PCI slots that I just happen to have.

I hope this works...I'll know in a few hours.

JEdwardLeavitt, Mar 11, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    You might be able to find the drivers for your lan card if you can find what chipset it is using.

Usually I would use a live CD or DVD of linux and open a terminal and use the command lspci for a PCI card or lsusb for a USB card, If that sounds like a bit more work than you want to do you could try a Windows program to find it although Linux in my opinion is better at it.

Try this program PCI-Z

Run it then right click on the lan card select copy then select device and paste it into google search

Windows 10 Upgrade failed to install network protocols [​IMG]

Good Luck

sml156, Mar 12, 2016
  7. dencal Win User
    In Device Manager click on Network Adapter....right click then disable, then enable....you can do this on both Wi-Fi and Ethernet.

dencal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade failed to install network protocols

1. Windows 10 Upgrade failed to install network protocols - Similar Threads - Upgrade failed install

2. simple network management protocol install failed error code 0x80244018

in Windows 10 Gaming
    simple network management protocol install failed error code 0x80244018: Hello, I have been having issues installing any optional app features on Windows, I have freshly installed windows and still having the issue on 22H2 version of Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to install via power shell Tried to repair windows system filesDISM codes The...
  3. simple network management protocol install failed error code 0x80244018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    simple network management protocol install failed error code 0x80244018: Hello, I have been having issues installing any optional app features on Windows, I have freshly installed windows and still having the issue on 22H2 version of Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to install via power shell Tried to repair windows system filesDISM codes The...
  4. simple network management protocol install failed error code 0x80244018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Network Protocol error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Protocol error: In a web page and click on a link and often get Network protocol error and to contact site but can't because of this error.Why? How do I fix this?Just started after I installed Avast One AV....
  6. Missing Network Protocols

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Network Protocols: I'm trying to get to Gibson's Research website. I cannot access it. I'm being told I'm missing network protocols. Haven't a clue. Any idea's. How do I find what protocols I'm missing. Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet. Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge cannot...
  7. Network Protocols solution

Network Protocols solution: Posting this after seeing 148 responses to this in thread "Network Protocols" which with all its differing answers could be confusing. This simple way worked for me. Open Device Manager, open "Network Adapters", right click on either "Ethernet Controller" or "Wireless...
  8. Network Protocols Missing

Network Protocols Missing: Noted immediately after 1511 total system update, yet may have been inherited from an earlier build... All is working well, yet Network Troubleshooter reports "one or more network protocols is missing." Various posted remedies have been verified or implemented, to no...
  9. Network Protocols

Network Protocols: Problem trying to connect to internet on laptop, but all working as normal on desktop. Investigations revealed....one or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer, also Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing....this on both...
  10. Missing Network Protocols Windows 10

Missing Network Protocols Windows 10: What can be done about "Missing Network Protocols", Windows 10 both computers/laptops? 41422