Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade fails even through media creation/ISO method

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade fails even through media creation/ISO method in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to update on a Dell Inspiron 15 that came with Win 8.1 single language. The laptop is BRAND NEW. I just uninstalled Dell crapware and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xstrike9999, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Windows 10 upgrade fails even through media creation/ISO method

I am trying to update on a Dell Inspiron 15 that came with Win 8.1 single language. The laptop is BRAND NEW. I just uninstalled Dell crapware and resized the partition.

All tries, whether through the regular update channel or through the media creation tool have failed. Even tried the ISO download, but it fails at around 25% with the something happened error.

I even followed all the steps outlined in this forum, where a fellow user had the exact same problem, to no avail: Failed four different strategies to upgrade to Win10 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Some help would be very appreciated.

:)

xstrike9999, Aug 3, 2015

2. Unable to update to a newer Windows 10 version

It seems I failed to make it clear all upgrade methods I've tried so far (Upgrade Assistant, Media Creation Tool iso and direct upgrade) failed. So I fail to see how waiting for the next build to be avaible through the MCT would solve it if the underlying
    issue isn't solved ?

William RENOU, Aug 3, 2015
  3. What are these Errors?

Though not an official way, but if you cannot get Windows 10 ISO from Media creation Tool, you can directly download the ISO and do an Inplace upgrade.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Select Windows 10-valid for both home and ProLanguage-Accordingly.

(Others reading this are recommended to use Media creation Tool to download an ISO, if that fails use this method)Reply back with the status.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade fails even through media creation/ISO method

1. Windows 10 upgrade fails even through media creation/ISO method - Similar Threads - upgrade fails through

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool.: Hey guys! Today I tried to upgrade my old PC to Windows 10 by using the Windows 10 media creation tool. So I downloaded the tool on myLaptop which already has windows 10 pre-installed and on my laptop I created an ISO file using the media creation tool and saved it on my...
  3. Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO

Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO: Hello, I'm trying to download the Windows 10 ISO for school however whenever I try the download stays stuck at 0%. I have tried a few fixes and not have worked. The link to the fixes I have tried is posted here. Some of the things he says to do seem to be inaccurate with...
  4. window 10 update through media creation tool

window 10 update through media creation tool: please anyone tell me what is the size of window 10 update through media creatio tool please anyone tell me fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-update-through-media-creation-tool/c6b6ad3a-59cb-453a-8fdb-5f01a03a61b0
  5. Failed to upgrade to Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Failed to upgrade to Windows 10 using the media creation tool: I am awaiting notification from my reserved place in line to upgrade to Windows 10 on my PC desktop. At present, my OS is Windows 7 Professional 64. After waiting since July 29, I decided to download the Media Creation Toolx64.exe from the Microsoft website and use it to get...
  6. Windows 10 media Creation ISO version question

Windows 10 media Creation ISO version question: Sorry if this has been asked before but I am new to this forum. I know how to use the Media Creation Tool to download a Windows 10 ISO and have downloaded the Anniversary Edition ISO which is v1607.14393.10 I believe. Does this ever get updated on the Microsoft site to eg...
  7. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade through Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Upgrade through Media Creation Tool: How long does it take to check for updates on the Media Creation tool for Windows 10? I am upgrading from 7. This same computer has been having issues with Windows Update and Internet Explorer. Can someone please assist me with this? 56264
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...