Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade free from windows 8.1

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade free from windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A while back when I went to reserve my free upgrade it said I had incompatible drivers on my windows 8.1 laptop (Laptop came with 8.1) witch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by coolmark1995, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Windows 10 upgrade free from windows 8.1

A while back when I went to reserve my free upgrade it said I had incompatible drivers on my windows 8.1 laptop (Laptop came with 8.1) witch disappeared and I had no upgrade problems so I reserved my copy of windows 10 now my question is its telling me that my CPU is not supported now is that something Microsoft is fixing or is it a computer problem? because it showed no problems under driver check before for the upgrading under check your pc and now its saying I need to buy new laptop online do I need to waste money on a new windows 8.1 laptop or will the CPU be fixed to be compatible ps laptops not even a year old? I don't want to waste money you see I know there is still sometime till the upgrade comes out but im just kinda worried about the CPU if anyone can enlighten me id appreciate it thanks and sorry if this is wrong place to post my question I am new here. , Mark *Sad

:)

coolmark1995, Jun 13, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Jun 13, 2015
  3. After windows 8.1 upgrade will I be able to upgrade to windows 10 as a free upgrade after one year from the release date?

Original Title: windows 10 upgrade

After one year from the realease date of windows 10

if i restore/reinstall my windows it will go back to windows 8 then ill upgrade to 8.1 as a free upgrade from windows store

but my main question is after windows 8.1 upgrade will i b able to upgrade to windows 10 as a free upgrade after one year from the release date ???

as its a free upgrade only for the first year

Hameed Sayed, Jun 13, 2015
  4. Windows 10 upgrade free from windows 8.1

What's the exact message it comes up with in the app

I initially had H/W problems in it, but it said I could run win 10

someone with more knowledge will know about compatibility for CPU's, but it would seem odd if a year old laptop cannot run 10

Here are the requirements for Win 10 (if you haven't seen it already)
    http://www.winbeta.org/news/here-are...nts-windows-10

paulsalter, Jun 13, 2015
  5. Exact message is critical issues here is why windows 10 can't be installed on your pc. the cpu isn't supported and before this error when I reserved upgrade it said upgrade would have no problems installing

Nevermind problem solved Microsoft MVP said this : The compatibility wizard is reporting false positives.

coolmark1995, Jun 13, 2015
  6. good to hear you have it sorted *Smile

paulsalter, Jun 13, 2015
  7. Yea I was so worried because its the first time ive ever seen an error about an unsupported windows 8.1 CPU lol ps thanks for your help *Biggrin

coolmark1995, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade free from windows 8.1

1. Windows 10 upgrade free from windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - upgrade free

2. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...: I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows....
  3. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...: I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows....
  4. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  6. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  7. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  9. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  10. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade