Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade from 7 Starter on 32GB Drive?

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade from 7 Starter on 32GB Drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've read that the Windows 10 upgrade process can take up to 32GB, so I'm wondering if it is going to be possible on my netboook. This currently has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nigelmercier, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade from 7 Starter on 32GB Drive?

I've read that the Windows 10 upgrade process can take up to 32GB, so I'm wondering if it is going to be possible on my netboook. This currently has Windows 7 Starter Edition installed on the 32GB SSD.

Is there anything I can do to ease the process?

:)

nigelmercier, Aug 3, 2015

2. Windows 7 Starter

Is there a Windows 10 free upgrade from Windows 7 starter? Thank you

MadilynnRotar, Aug 3, 2015
  3. pato45 Win User
    Unable to upgrade to Windows 10

Why can't I upgrade from Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10?

pato45, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade from 7 Starter on 32GB Drive?

If you don't save anything during the upgrade you will save some hard drive space as no Windows.old will be created.

You really need a larger drive though.

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    I believe that if the OP doesn't save everything, the free upgrade will not activate.

bobkn, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I thought so too but I've seen several posts where that was done and it activated okay.

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    I tried it once. Restored 8.1 from an image, and ran a 10 upgrade without keeping applications. Didn't activate.

Restored 8.1 again (< 10 minutes), and ran the upgrade, keeping everything. Activated. Not exactly critical proof, but it is consistent with what I have read elsewhere.

I wish that MS provided enough detail that these discussions would not occur.

I have since done a clean install, deleting the partitions from the OS drive, and it activated.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade from 7 Starter on 32GB Drive?

1. Windows 10 Upgrade from 7 Starter on 32GB Drive? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Starter 32GB

2. Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Starter: Ganhei um notebook Dell N4020, que veio com w 10 instalado, está com 8gb de memoria ram, porém muito lento, e de fabrica seria Windows 7 Starter, Tentei baixar a imagem ISO no site da Microsoft e não consegui, alguém pode me ajudar por favor....
  3. Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Starter: Ganhei um notebook Dell N4020, que veio com w 10 instalado, está com 8gb de memoria ram, porém muito lento, e de fabrica seria Windows 7 Starter, Tentei baixar a imagem ISO no site da Microsoft e não consegui, alguém pode me ajudar por favor....
  4. Any Upgrade Path from Windows 7 Starter to Win10 on ASUS Netbook?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any Upgrade Path from Windows 7 Starter to Win10 on ASUS Netbook?: I read with interest the thread by teachermark about installing Windows 10 on his netbook and it got me thinking about the same to mine. My 2012 ASUS Eee PC 1012C with the Dual core Intel Atom N2600, 1600 MHz w/ 1 GB ram. It came with Windows 7 Starter but that made the...
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 Starter

Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 Starter: Hello, I have a Acer Aspire One that has the Windows 7 Starter. It was out of commission for a while and I got it working again. I am trying to update to the new Windows and I am unable to get this started. Can you please direct me to the correct download that I need?...
  6. upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgraded from Windows 7 to 10: Just upgraded today and I'm amazed at how slow the startup is.. Did some research and saw advice to run 'crapifier.exe' But when I try to run it I just get "application error". Also my searches 'decrapifier Application Error' gets no results. Seems odd. Can anyone suggest a...
  7. Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10

Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10: I am wondering if the media creation tool is the easiest way to upgrading from windows 7 to 10 remotely? Is there an easy way to mass upgrade everyone on the network without them losing data? Is MDT easier? If using MCT do you have to baby it in an admin account so the user...
  8. windows 7 starter netbook

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 7 starter netbook: spec below, will it take W10? THE SPECS Pricing Part Number NP-N110-KA01US Processor Processor type Intel Atom N270 Processor speed 1600.0 MHz Display Display size 10.1 inches Resolution 1024 x 600 pixels External Monitor Interface Integrated Vertical...
  9. Windows 7 Starter is detected as Enterprise!!!

Windows 7 Starter is detected as Enterprise!!!: I'm stumped as I have a Samsung netbook with Windows 7 starter on it and after running and rerunning the updates to try and get the Windows 10 upgrade going, nothing has worked. I've done the 'updatenow' trick which worked on a windows 8 tablet - nothing. I've attempted...
  10. Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10

Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10: Hi guys, I was just wondering if Windows 7 Starter will upgrade to Windows 10 of any sort. I've read posts about this and it says that it will. I've been waiting and have gotten most of the updates already. However, the Windows icon has not appeared in my notifications...