Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade from 7 - what license key should I use?

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade from 7 - what license key should I use? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Last night up upgraded from Win7 Ultimate to Windows 10. Windows 10 shows activated, but I never received a Windows 10 "key". I saw another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hobo Horse, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 upgrade from 7 - what license key should I use?

Hello,

Last night up upgraded from Win7 Ultimate to Windows 10. Windows 10 shows activated, but I never received a Windows 10 "key". I saw another topic it was noted that you would use your current key for the OS you upgraded from. If I were to do a fresh install with an .ISO, I would just use my current Win7 Ultimate key?

Regards

:)

Hobo Horse, Jul 29, 2015
  2. HairyFool Win User

I upgraded free from windows 7 Pro A0 but i can see it is Windows 10 Home on my computer

If you went through the Automatic upgrade process then the Windows 10 version should match the Windows 7 license actually installed prior to the upgrade.

Download and Run Showkey Plus. This will extract the currently installed license key and the license key for the qualifying license including what version it was. You can then compare the version installed against the license label, if a branded computer
    preinstalled with Windows 7 then the extracted key should not match the label.

HairyFool, Jul 29, 2015
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Windows 10 dowload error

What product key? If you did not upgrade from windows 7 or 8.1 the key must be purchased from the Store. Each computer has to have its own licensed installation of windows. If you built the computer, buy a license for windows. The free download is an upgrade
    that is free for licensed users of 7 or 8.1.

mlg63, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 upgrade from 7 - what license key should I use?

Hello Hobo Horse, and welcome to Ten Forums.

You don't get a product key when upgrading to the free Windows 10 offer. Instead activation is tied your PC's hardware (ex: motherboard/CPU/graphics card). If you do a clean install of Windows 10 on the PC in the future, the activation server will detect the registered PC and activate.

Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade?

Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade from 7 - what license key should I use?

1. Windows 10 upgrade from 7 - what license key should I use? - Similar Threads - upgrade license key

2. i purchased windows 10 home license key to upgrade windows 7 but license key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i purchased windows 10 home license key to upgrade windows 7 but license key not working: my lap top version is windows 7 and i want to update to windows 10i purchased windows 10 home licence key and this licence key not working when i enter in the upgrade activation number .please inform how to updrade to wndows10...
  3. i purchased windows 10 home license key to upgrade windows 7 but license key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i purchased windows 10 home license key to upgrade windows 7 but license key not working: my lap top version is windows 7 and i want to update to windows 10i purchased windows 10 home licence key and this licence key not working when i enter in the upgrade activation number .please inform how to updrade to wndows10...
  4. i purchased windows 10 home license key to upgrade windows 7 but license key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  6. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  7. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Should I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?: I have not upgraded to Windows 10 since when it was first released and I was given the free download option. My computer (Alienware 14) came with Windows 7 Home Premium. I did not do a clean install when I installed Windows 10, and it felt slow and clunky. I hated it. I have...
  9. Using Windows 10 license to upgrade Windows 7 PC

Using Windows 10 license to upgrade Windows 7 PC: install windows 10 previously purchased. ***Original title: purchased windows 10 when it first came out. Can I use this copy to upgrade from windows 7 ?***...
  10. Windows 7 to 10 32 bit upgrade and license key

Windows 7 to 10 32 bit upgrade and license key: When it was available - I performed a free upgrade on a desktop from Windows 7 Pro (32 bit) to Windows 10 Pro (32 bit). I would like to rebuild the computer with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit). How will the license key work? Can I reuse the Windows 7 key I previously used for...