Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 no start menu or any metro apps

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 no start menu or any metro apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I updated today but I have no start menu, indeed it wont run any metro apps so the search bit doesnt work. If I create a new user they do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kangarolf, Jul 28, 2015.

1. kangarolf Win User

Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 no start menu or any metro apps

Hi all,

I updated today but I have no start menu, indeed it wont run any metro apps so the search bit doesnt work.

If I create a new user they do work.

Unfortunately this schizophrenic OS doesnt give me the option of the revert back to my previous OS in the regular settings/control panel screen only the metro settings app which I cant run!!!??!!

If I use the new user to get to the metro settings app I cant revert until I remove the new user I added to get to the bloody settings app in the first place.

Total fail. Can anyone help with either getting the metro apps to run or with reverting via the command line or something,

Thanks
    Rolf

:)

kangarolf, Jul 28, 2015

2. Metro Style Apps not in Start Menu

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I just purchased a new computer with Windows 8.1. The Metro Start Screen was working. On August 11th I upgraded to the release version of Windows 10. The new start menu has black (blank) space where the metro apps should appear. Existing metro style apps aren't
    shown in 'All Apps'. I've tried the following:

1. Switch from the start menu to the start screen via Settings > Personalization. That worked but the start screen was completely blank.

2. Re-register the apps via PowerShell using code found in this forum. That caused my entire start menu to stop working. I went back to a system restore point.

Thanks and Aloha, Robin

PCRobinHNL, Jul 28, 2015
  3. mslsml Win User
    What your fisrt impressions of win 10 all who have it?

I know Cortana from phone, still that technology need time. About Windows 10, to put all metro and configuration pages into ugly menu, did that Microsoft have people with eyes?

Windows 10 is in something better than Windows 8.1 (first login page for example), but it is unfinished project, just like Windows 8 need Windows 8.1 Windows 10 need Windows 10.1 upgrade, especialy that ugly menu thing, that users are able to choose between
    metro configuration and menu configuration. With menu configuration apps are useless.

Just like Windows 8 need Windows 8.1 to look on something, Windows 10 need Windows 10.1 with users choice for menu or metro configuration. For me Windows 10 is very ugly and Windows 8.1 is much better.

That is reason why I returned yesterday from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1.

mslsml, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 no start menu or any metro apps

1. Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 no start menu or any metro apps - Similar Threads - upgrade start menu

2. Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu: [ATTACH] I just recovered my Windows and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-of-metro-apps-disappeared-from-start-menu/bf0baa33-41c0-46bc-a5f4-b201b2faadad
  3. Is there a way to remove/hide metro apps from the start menu WITHOUT removing them from the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove/hide metro apps from the start menu WITHOUT removing them from the...: Hi everyone, just done a fresh install of Windows 10 and usually i would spend a bit of time forcefully removing apps from the start menu, but in recent times ive had issues with not being able to update Windows 10, presumably because i've removed something i've not supposed...
  4. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  5. Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal: I used to have the scripts that are listed all over the web within my Win10 deployment and it worked wonderfully. But now, it's not. And i'm not sure why. What's happening is, the metro apps are being removed, but their shortcuts i guess are staying behind. And as for...
  6. Antivirus / Windows 10 / Start Menu, Metro Apps, Context menu issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus / Windows 10 / Start Menu, Metro Apps, Context menu issues: Hi I wondered if anyone out there has had a similar experience to me... For some weeks now I have had problems where the START MENU wouldn't launch, metro apps (OneDrive, Tweetium, Money, News etc) would fail to launch (just a blank window up), right mouse clicks...
  7. Start and Metro Apps are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start and Metro Apps are not working: Hello.. I recently installed Windows 10 Home using the iso. It was fine but after sometime, the start and metro apps had stopped working. I thought that re-install would do the trick. So I reformatted C: and installed Windows 10 again hoping it wouldn't come again. But now...
  8. Adding and remove metro apps from start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding and remove metro apps from start: I have no options,like before "pin to start" [img] [img] 45719
  9. Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore: I am using Windows 10 for around 2 days now. But today my computer freezed while playing a game, so i restarted my computer and when i logged in, the start menu,notification menu and metro apps would not open anymore. Whats is happening? 10416
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working: I have upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 and been using it for the last week now with no problems. Today, during a mandatory update my pc went blue screen and said it had to restart. Once it restarted it updated and booted fine. However after the update I realized that my...