Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade good so far

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade good so far in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well I decided to post how my Windows 10 upgrade went because I felt like I was among the group that was left out from getting anywhere with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scramjet, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Scramjet Win User

Windows 10 upgrade good so far

Well I decided to post how my Windows 10 upgrade went because I felt like I was among the group that was left out from getting anywhere with the upgrade lol.
    First of all I was like many here who had Windows 10 reserved on this PC but never received the $Windows~BT folder or any notice since the 28th and my laptop had no problems with that.
    This morning I decided to use the Media Creation Tool and upgrade this PC.
    Opened the tool with administrator and the purple box gave me "there was a problem" with install. Forget the exact words but it only offered me "close" option. So I searched for an answer. A suggestion said to check Region and Language to be sure it was set to United States (even though I live in Canada and Windows 8.1 was set to Canada) so I done that and checked the 2 boxes on the bottom in the next popup box. Then closed the Control Panel. Then started the Media Tool again and everything went smooth. Windows Media Center uninstalled without any problems at all during the upgrade.
    I am happy to report that all my programs from Windows 8.1 work without a problem. I have tested just about all of them. My ESET Smart Security ver.8 was still intact and working after the complete upgrade. I didn't have to uninstall it for the upgrade.
    Windows 10 is activated also.
    So far a happy camper! *Smile

cheers

:)

Scramjet, Jul 30, 2015

2. So far NOT so good win 10 upgrade

I would suggest just downloading the media and upgrade from it. If you can't do that, i would just do a fresh load with 10. Seeing you have everything backed up like you are supposed to, you should be fine.

AndrewJahns, Jul 30, 2015
  3. So far NOT so good win 10 upgrade

Even though Microsoft trying to copy all UI from MAC but Microsoft cant touch even the foot of MAC. I have upgrade My VAIO to WIN-10. after clean install my VAIO bootup time increase from 20 Sec to 100 sec. Another issue with Ms Edge. After refreshing any
    page if I minimize the window before loading page then the page shows blank. this happen not just one time but every time.

Today morning when I started my leptop it is showing that internet connection is limited but on my another PC it is working fine, I have to restart my VAIO for internet connectivity.

All apps are closing automatically.

Why this all thing are happening in just 2 days of upgrade to so called best OS ever??????

VikasBhaleriwala, Jul 30, 2015
  4. otisdog Win User

My wife's laptop with 8.1 upgraded very smooth. My desktop with 7 was not so smooth - took two tries but eventually got it done. Both are activated. I downloaded the iso with the media tool and used it to upgrade.
    Jim

otisdog, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Scramjet Win User
    @otisdog
    Glad you were successful in the end.

cheers

Scramjet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade good so far - Similar Threads - upgrade far

2. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  3. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade ad is frozen on desktop to far right and to low to click out of

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade ad is frozen on desktop to far right and to low to click out of: My older windows 10 was sent a free upgrade ad for windows 11 even though I have opted out several times. This time the ad is to far to the right and down making it impossible for me click any buttons. How do I get rid of it and back to my original desktop?...
  5. Windows 11 upgrade ad is frozen on desktop to far right and to low to click out of

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade ad is frozen on desktop to far right and to low to click out of: My older windows 10 was sent a free upgrade ad for windows 11 even though I have opted out several times. This time the ad is to far to the right and down making it impossible for me click any buttons. How do I get rid of it and back to my original desktop?...
  6. Windows 11 upgrade ad is frozen on desktop to far right and to low to click out of

7. Upgrading so far - Success

Upgrading so far - Success: Greetings O Great Ones, from the Emerald Isle. Background: I've being using Windows since 3.00a. I had a dual boot set-up with 8.1 and 10240. 8.1 downloaded the RTM/GA. I have not upgraded this yet. 10240 downloaded only some of the files for the upgrade so I...
  8. 8.1 upgrade to 10 a disaster so far

8.1 upgrade to 10 a disaster so far: Started the upgrade about 10AM, all went well till near the final reboot to the login screen. Display froze though mouse still worked. [img] Let it sit for 45 minutes then dropped power and powered up. Went through same end of install then same hang. Dropped it...
  9. W8.1 to W10 Upgrade installation taking far to long.

W8.1 to W10 Upgrade installation taking far to long.: I fancied trying the upgrade route, really as an educational exercise to see how well it would work, but am finding its way to slow. I suspect some process is running somewhere that is crippling the install procedure. My 8.1 install is a very compact 25gb installation that...
  10. My Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Experience So Far

in Windows 10 Support
    My Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Experience So Far: I decided to take the plunge and do the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 on my Lenovo T510 laptop (i5-m520 processor, 4GB RAM). Before I did the upgrade, I did a disk image copy of my hard drive to make it easy to go back to Windows 7 if I decide to. I've been running...