Windows 10: windows 10 upgrade help

Discus and support windows 10 upgrade help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help cannot upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7, Fails at 25% with error 0XC1900101 - 0X20004. How can I get around this error and any ideas what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sangranuk, Aug 5, 2015.

1. sangranuk Win User

windows 10 upgrade help

Help cannot upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7, Fails at 25% with error 0XC1900101 - 0X20004.
    How can I get around this error and any ideas what is causing error.

:)

sangranuk, Aug 5, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Missing Operating System after Windows 10 download

Is there anywhere to download replacement OS for Windows 7 Home Premium? Mine crashed on Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade frustration, Aug 5, 2015
  4. windows 10 upgrade help

I started the upgrade 6 hrs ago and it still says "working on it" think I am about to give up

glynlockett, Aug 5, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    How to fix Windows 10 stuck at 25% installation or error 0xC1900101 - 0x20004

From the article below - but my recommendation would be to use the "Upgrade this PC now" option from Windows Media Creation Tool (google Windows 10 media creation tool if you don't know about it already):

Steps to fix Windows 10 stuck at 25% installation or error 0xC1900101 - 0x20004

Step 1: Ensure that you install Windows 10 via thumb drive or from a CD/DVD, as the Windows 10 update method is still buggy and unstable.

Step 2: Disconnect all peripherals or external devices connected to the PC, apart from the installation media or optical drive, keyboard, mouse and monitor.

Step 3: Also disconnect the SATA cable of your second DVD drive and extra storage drives, except the one on which you want to install Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Aug 5, 2015
  6. sangranuk Win User
    Tried this method and fails even with using dvd. Maybe I will have to wait a few weeks to see if Microsoft corrects the upgrade process

sangranuk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 upgrade help

1. windows 10 upgrade help - Similar Threads - upgrade help

2. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  3. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  4. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything like this submitting questions to forums included. I have a 3 year old PC that I custom built, here are the specs below- ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND Mobo- AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU- MSI GTX 1660TI VENTUS GPU- 4TB Harddrive and 1TB SSD 1....
  6. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything like this submitting questions to forums included. I have a 3 year old PC that I custom built, here are the specs below- ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND Mobo- AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU- MSI GTX 1660TI VENTUS GPU- 4TB Harddrive and 1TB SSD 1....
  7. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  9. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  10. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP: I recently have had BSOD crashes frequently while using my PC to work on Adobe After Effects projects. A few weeks ago, I installed a 2tb Inland SSD after transferring my operating system and software files. I will get at least 3 or 4 BSOD crashes a day. Sometimes they will...