Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade help.

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade help. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am going to help a senior friend of mine update his windows 8.1 The white windows logo is on the lower right hand corner. I have a windows install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shipinomore10, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Windows 10 upgrade help.

I am going to help a senior friend of mine update his windows 8.1
    The white windows logo is on the lower right hand corner.
    I have a windows install dvd with Build 10586 on it and I am wondering if that would be a quicker way to upgrade.
    I want to get it so there will not be a whole bunch of updates coming in after the upgrade as does not understand what
    to watch for.
    We are going to start this tomorrow morning around 9. I do intend to make an image of his existing 8.1 in case things don't work out as I plan.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Shipinomore

:)

shipinomore10, Mar 12, 2016

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Missing Operating System after Windows 10 download

Is there anywhere to download replacement OS for Windows 7 Home Premium? Mine crashed on Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade frustration, Mar 12, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 upgrade help.

It depends if your copy of ISO downloaded to a DVD is corresponding to your friend's OS.
    It has to be the same Windows version, same Language and same bit version.

To be on the safe side, and if you want to download the iso and do a Clean Install or manual upgrade, then have a look at my method............

Use this Tech Bench link and download the Windows 10 iso file:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 > click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.

You can burn the iso to a DVD and do a Clean Install.
    OR,
    Do a manual upgrade install.................
    open the folder where the iso file is > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    If product key is asked, click the SKIP or the " I don't have a product key " option and continue.
    After installation is completed, see if it is activated. If not, use your friend's Win8.1 product key.

davidhk, Mar 12, 2016
  5. Hi davidhk I had gone thru those questions when I downloaded from techbench. We both have HP all in one's and 23 inch screens. he has home edition and I have pro but I burned the downloaded iso file to the dvd. I have done several clean installs from it and it does ask you what version home or pro. we both have 64 bit.
    so I think the only difference with your instructions and what I did is the use of the burning to a dvd from the iso?
    Shipinomore

6. davidhk Win User
    Looks like your dvd will be good for your friend.

davidhk, Mar 12, 2016
  7. Thank you davidhk.
    I just downloaded the iso file and then copied it to an external drive that I will use on his system for creating a backup image with Macrium and it also contains other things for savekey and so I will have his 8.1 key before we start and also after we get done.
    I am going to use the iso file on the external drive.
    Shipinomore

8. Windows 10 upgrade help.

Hi davidhk everything just finished and all went very well. thanks again for the help.
    shipinomore

shipinomore10, Mar 13, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade help.

1. Windows 10 upgrade help. - Similar Threads - upgrade help

2. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  3. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  4. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything like this submitting questions to forums included. I have a 3 year old PC that I custom built, here are the specs below- ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND Mobo- AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU- MSI GTX 1660TI VENTUS GPU- 4TB Harddrive and 1TB SSD 1....
  6. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything like this submitting questions to forums included. I have a 3 year old PC that I custom built, here are the specs below- ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND Mobo- AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU- MSI GTX 1660TI VENTUS GPU- 4TB Harddrive and 1TB SSD 1....
  7. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  9. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  10. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP: I recently have had BSOD crashes frequently while using my PC to work on Adobe After Effects projects. A few weeks ago, I installed a 2tb Inland SSD after transferring my operating system and software files. I will get at least 3 or 4 BSOD crashes a day. Sometimes they will...