Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade icon on desktop. Remove?

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade icon on desktop. Remove? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I manually upgraded to the W10 anniversary upgrade. Since then I have a "Windows10 Upgrade" shortcut icon on my desktop from the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Curious, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Curious Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade icon on desktop. Remove?

I manually upgraded to the W10 anniversary upgrade. Since then I have a "Windows10 Upgrade" shortcut icon on my desktop from the file "Windows10UpgraderApp.exe" in the C:\Windows10Upgrade folder.

Now that the upgrade is all done and history, do I still need this icon or even the C:\Windows10Upgrade folder on my pc?

Thanks.

:)

Curious, Aug 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 Desktop Icons NOT Opening

Rohit,

The six desktop icons are missing. With Windows 8.1 I had 58 desktop icons. After upgrading to Windows 10 I now have 52 desktop icons. I have 112 programs installed. The six "missing icons" may be from Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3. Prior to
    upgrading to Windows 10 I did not write a list of the 58 icons.

renereimannZF, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Desktop icons will not move after upgrading to Windows 10

I have Surface Pro 3 upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The icons on my desktop will not move when I try to move it.

Right click in desktop > View > unchecked auto arrange icons and still not able to move any of the icons on the desktop.

I was able to move them prior to upgrading to Windows 10, what happened?

AngeloSalerno, Aug 25, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

You can delete them *Smile

Note that 10 days after you upgrade your W10, the backup windows.old folder and the W10 installation files will automatically be deleted.

philc43, Aug 25, 2016
  5. Curious Win User
    Thank you both for replying. It's over 10 days and they haven't been deleted, probably because some customizations I made (including stopping telemetry). So I'll make an image backup and delete them.
    Thanks.

Curious, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade icon on desktop. Remove? - Similar Threads - Upgrade icon desktop

2. How to remove the Windows 10 desktop icon's checkmarks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the Windows 10 desktop icon's checkmarks?: I uninstalled OneDrive, which I don't use.But none of the steps for removing the checkmarks for the Windows 10 desktop icons I found with Google searches seem to eliminate the checkmarks.For example,Your suggestion please.TIA....
  3. How to remove the Windows 10 desktop icon's checkmarks?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the Windows 10 desktop icon's checkmarks?: I uninstalled OneDrive, which I don't use.But none of the steps for removing the checkmarks for the Windows 10 desktop icons I found with Google searches seem to eliminate the checkmarks.For example,Your suggestion please.TIA....
  4. How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10. I can't remove it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-onedrive-desktop-icon-in-windows-10/5e32833f-3c55-4299-9a21-15d5e0ff460a
  5. How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10. I can't remove it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-onedrive-desktop-icon-in-windows-10/5e32833f-3c55-4299-9a21-15d5e0ff460a
  6. How to Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why is Windows 10 update removing desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows 10 update removing desktop icons?: 2 days back while at my mother's house, 30 min before leaving I noticed she had a Windows 10 update that needed to be installed, so told it to install update, which which has never took longer than 5 min to do. That day however, when I left 30 min later, it was still...
  8. Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. OneDrive...
  9. Add or Remove Homegroup Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Homegroup Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Homegroup Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information A homegroup is a group of PCs on a home network that can share devices (such as printers), and libraries (such as your Documents, Pictures, Music, and Video libraries). Using a homegroup makes...
  10. Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show upgrade icon on desk top

2. remove windows 10 desktop icon windows10upgraderapp