Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade Install CD Key and/or boot requirements

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade Install CD Key and/or boot requirements in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to install Windows 10 Pro 32 using a DVD .. and, booting from the DVD. When I got to the point where the Key was needed, it didn't accept the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fred3, Aug 2, 2015.

1. fred3 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Install CD Key and/or boot requirements

I tried to install Windows 10 Pro 32 using a DVD .. and, booting from the DVD.
    When I got to the point where the Key was needed, it didn't accept the key.
    (I used the Windows 7 Pro 32 key that the machine already had for lack of any other).
    I read something that suggested one must do this from within Windows. So, I did that.
    It didn't ask for a key and it worked.

Yet, I wonder if the other process should have worked?
    The machine is an MS Refurbisher build of Windows 7 on an original Vista machine.
    Here is the Belarc Advisor info:

Windows 10 Upgrade Install CD Key and/or boot requirements [​IMG]

The footnote to the first one says:

Windows 10 Upgrade Install CD Key and/or boot requirements [​IMG]

This seems a bit odd because the Product Key with "OEM" lines up with the DVD Key I was using. Yet, it appears to say Microsoft - Internet Explorer.
    The one lined up with Windows 8.1 Professional isn't one that I recognize at all.

Should one be able to install by booting from the Windows 10 DVD?
    Does the fact that it's a Refurbisher install matter? (Presumably that's just a newer OEM install).
    Does the fact that it's based on an OEM Vista system matter?
    Is there a better tool than Belarc Advisor?

:)

fred3, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 Product Key after upgrading to Windows 10

Yes, Boot Camp installs of Windows 10 alongside Mac OS X will require a Windows 10 product key to install and activate. If you already have Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 installed in Boot Camp, you'll be able to use the free upgrade offered for Windows 10. However,
    a clean install within Boot Camp will require you to buy a copy of Windows 10.

Dan1986ist, Aug 2, 2015
  3. windows 10

during win10 upgrade do i require a CD key for installing

Divyansh Srivastava, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade Install CD Key and/or boot requirements

You can clean install by booting; upgrade must be done within the OS. Need to upgrade prior to doing a clean install. When asked for a key just skip that step and it should activate upon boot.

cyberrufus, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade Install CD Key and/or boot requirements

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Install CD Key and/or boot requirements - Similar Threads - Upgrade Install Key

2. Windows 10 CD boot not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 CD boot not working: Hey community,Here is a problem I have encountered for the first time. While trying to reinstall my windows 10 I seem to somehow have deleted it.That not being a big problem, I used my new Windows 10 CD, bought a new M2 drive and tried to reinstall it.But it just doesnt work....
  3. Cannot upgrade for windows 10 home to pro with cd key

Cannot upgrade for windows 10 home to pro with cd key: Hello guys, I am encountering an issue due to upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro with cd key. The message is the following: [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows cd keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows cd keys: Hi, I want to purchase a copy of windows, but the prices are too high, so, if you may, advise me on some 3rd party websites that sell it for cheaper and whether this website...
  5. old windows 10 cd key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    old windows 10 cd key: Hi i Would like to know if it is possible to find hold windows 10 key. I had bought a laptop and there was no sticker under it. I had install windows 10 pro and i wanna install my fammily system but i don't have the key before i do my re install? Thanks Mathieu...
  6. Windows Update requires me to re-authenticate CD keys.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Update requires me to re-authenticate CD keys.: I've noticed this being the case for a while, but I have some old games from 2004 in Japanese locale that require I re-authenticate the CD key every time Windows Update requires my computer restart (as I get a notification asking me to reinsert the original disc and input the...
  7. Installation key for Windows 10 upgrade is generic

Installation key for Windows 10 upgrade is generic: I did the upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and my installation key is the generic Windows 10 key. Windows 10 is now activated and it is not an Insider system. What the heck is going on here? Did anyone get a real key or are they not going to be used any...
  8. Boot From CD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot From CD in Windows 10: Hi everyone,I need to run Windows Defender Offline,which I have downloaded to a CD,but can't for the life of me boot from this CD? I know I need to go into BIOS,then to the Boot option at the top,but that's where I get stuck!! So what do I do in here please to enable the...
  9. Clean Install Windows 10 - CD Key

Clean Install Windows 10 - CD Key: Hi all - I upgraded my pc last year when the upgrade was free but I need to do a clean install as my kids have totally pooched my system with malware & viruses... those have been cleaned off/out but it's still running real slow. My concern is I don't have a CD key as it was...
  10. windows 10 boot from cd

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 boot from cd: Hi I cannot get windows 10 to boot from my cd I have changed the priority in the bios but still no luck can you help I am desperate many thanks 9895