Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade - Installation stuck at Lenovo splash screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade - Installation stuck at Lenovo splash screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey all, I have recently decided to restore my laptop back to factory settings for various reasons. The factory settings on the recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkJR84, Dec 8, 2016.

1. MarkJR84 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade - Installation stuck at Lenovo splash screen

Hey all,

I have recently decided to restore my laptop back to factory settings for various reasons.

The factory settings on the recovery partition mean returning to Windows 8.1 and then upgrading back to Windows 10.

I have no problem returning to Windows 8.1 but when I use the Windows Media Creation tool to download Windows 10 and install something happens.

I start the installation where it says the computer will restart several times, but during one of the restarts it gets stuck at the Lenovo splash screen.

I have since run restore to get back to 8.1 a couple of times just in case there was a problem there but still the same problem happens when trying to upgrade to 10.

I have had no problem returning to 8.1 and then upgrading to 10 in the past.

I'm not sure what kind of information you'll need from me so request and I will let you know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

:)

MarkJR84, Dec 8, 2016
  2. Jia Xuan Win User

Screen freezes halfway through windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

I have a lenovo z510 ideapad running on windows 8 Single Language. I tried upgrading my laptop to windows 10 using media creation tool. The upgrade was fine until 20+% when your laptop restarts by itself and I'm stucked at the lenovo splash screen for many
    hours. Imgur

I tried reformatting and reinstalling windows 10 but it does help as I'm still experiencing the same problem.

Jia Xuan, Dec 8, 2016
  3. Isha_M Win User
    Computer stuck at Lenovo splash screen after installing Windows 10

Tried entering bios set up and tried start up repair too.

Nothing works

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Isha_M, Dec 8, 2016
  4. MarkJR84 Win User

I forgot to add:
    After it has been onthat screen for a couple of hours I decide to hold the power button down on the laptop to force it to turn off.
    After that it restores 8.1 automatically and presents this error:

We couldn't install Windows 10
    We've set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10.

0xC1900101 - 0x3000D
    The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

Windows 10 Upgrade - Installation stuck at Lenovo splash screen [​IMG]

Other posts in this Forum have stated that antivirus could be the problem and removing it has solved the problem for other users, however, mine is a wipe and return to factory and I have uninstalled that awful McAfee that comes with Lenovo.

MarkJR84, Dec 8, 2016
  5. MarkJR84 Win User
    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

MarkJR84, Dec 11, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can do a clean install of Windows 10 to it without restoring Windows 8.1 factory software first, but that would probably wipe out your ability to restore to Windows 8.1 factory software in the future.

If you strongly desire to keep that ability, there are a couple things you can do. The first is what I would recommend, but requires an external hard drive or network attached storage location. For both options, I recommend making sure the Windows 8.1 is fully updated via Windows Update:

1. In Windows 8.1, install Macrium Reflect Free. Make a backup image of the entire hard drive to an external USB hard drive or network attached storage location. Make a Macrium Reflect rescue DVD or USB flash drive and test that the computer will boot from it. Then boot the computer from a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD (which you can create by downloading Windows 10 from Microsoft), wipe the hard drive completely and clean install Windows 10.

or

2. Make sure Windows 8.1 is fully updated via Windows Update. Download the Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft. Disconnect the computer from all sources of internet - remove any Ethernet cables, "forget" and disconnect from WiFi connections. Once you have disconnected from the internet and disabled auto connecting to WiFi, mount the Windows 10 ISO file saved on the hard drive and run setup.exe from the virtual drive that appears.

Macrium Reflect Free:
    Macrium Reflect Free

NavyLCDR, Dec 11, 2016
  7. kingrollo Win User
    im having the exact same issue. ive even done a clean install on win 10 64 - which has gone ok - but the updates are sticking. KB3201845 Seems to be the issue

kingrollo, Dec 11, 2016
  8. EdTittel Win User

Try using the free tool Windows Update MiniTool to download updates instead. I got stuck on the same update on my production PC last week, and WUMT was able to download and install it with no difficulties. If you're lucky, you'll have the same experience.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 11, 2016
  9. kingrollo Win User
    woo hooo - finally cracked it !!!! - more or less what Navy says - clean install - no web connection until it boots to desktop - then go to windows update - bear in mind that kb3201845 is a whopper - like 750mb - it sat at 20% for almost an hour then bang - 60% - a few heart stopping moments on the reboots - but it got there !!

kingrollo, Dec 11, 2016
  10. EdTittel Win User
    Glad you got things sorted out. Mine got stuck at 0% and I gave up after an hour.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 11, 2016
  11. MarkJR84 Win User
    Glad you got it sorted!

My problem wasn't caused by the update failing, it was during installation.

I managed to solve it though - I restored back to 8.1 and went to windows update and made sure it was fully updated before using the Windows 10 media creation tool. It took a fair few hours and restarts but after that Windows 10 installed no problem.

Thinking about it now this was an obvious thing to do!

MarkJR84, Dec 13, 2016
  12. kingrollo Win User
    glad you sorted it.
    I wouldn't say its the obvious thing to do. I like to upgrade from a fresh install - so doing a load of updates then upgrading doesn't seem logical to me.....hey ho ..i suppose !

kingrollo, Dec 13, 2016
  13. MarkJR84 Win User

@kingrollo Ha yes I see your point too!

The way I was thinking was if I was using 8.1 back in the day when the update for Windows 10 came out it would have been fully updated at that point anyway so I thought I'd give it a go and it worked.

May be different for others though, so if anyone is reading this post in the future they can try both ways *Biggrin

Cheers

Mark

MarkJR84, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade - Installation stuck at Lenovo splash screen - Similar Threads - Upgrade Installation stuck

2. Pc stuck in splash screen while trying to install windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck in splash screen while trying to install windows: Hello I built a new pc but when I try installing windows it wont work and it’s stuck in the splash screen.Specs:B550 aorus pro Ryzen 5600xAmd Radeon 66008x2 3600mhz ram pny xlr8Pny cs2140 Nvme ssdI’ve tried everything I used Rufus and power iso to make the iso file bootable I...
  3. Pc stuck in splash screen while trying to install windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck in splash screen while trying to install windows: Hello I built a new pc but when I try installing windows it wont work and it’s stuck in the splash screen.Specs:B550 aorus pro Ryzen 5600xAmd Radeon 66008x2 3600mhz ram pny xlr8Pny cs2140 Nvme ssdI’ve tried everything I used Rufus and power iso to make the iso file bootable I...
  4. Windows 10/11 installer crash at splash screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 installer crash at splash screen: Hello,I am trying to achieve a fresh new install of a computer but the installer crashes at splash screen the exact same way for Windows 10 and 11. I first get the blue window, then the rolling wheel under the window appear, then the blue window disappear, about 1 second...
  5. Windows Store Stuck on Blue Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store Stuck on Blue Splash Screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HumDar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igovpz/windows_store_stuck_on_blue_splash_screen/
  6. Windows 10 installation stuck on splash screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation stuck on splash screen: I’m trying to update a family friends old computer from windows xp to windows 10 through a flash drive. The computer has 1 gb of ram and meets all other minimum requirements but when I boot from the flash drive it just shows the windows logo with no loading circle and nothing...
  7. Lenovo ideapad 320 Windows 10 Stuck on splash logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo ideapad 320 Windows 10 Stuck on splash logo: Hello, I hope someone can help me with this and so il explain this with as much detail as possible so you get an idea of what im working with. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320. It was working perfectly fine and I simply turned it off normally using the start button etc,...
  8. Re-Installing Windows 10 Stuck On Splash Screen HELP!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Installing Windows 10 Stuck On Splash Screen HELP!: Hi, I am having a problem re-installing Windows 10. I burned a 64 bit to a double Layer DVD(My computer is old 2011 and it will not take a thumb drive install) and it stuck on the splash screen. I held the Esc and tried Ctrl Aly Del and it almost went to the before pull-down...
  9. Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins: It's so weird before it was rare (stuck at splash screen glitch) i did the upgrade from win 7 to 10 and my system had random skips and black screens. Then my 120 ssd died but not before i could clone it and it did the same on the new ssd. So i tried a clean install and cured...
  10. HELP : windows 10 stuck on the splash screen

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP : windows 10 stuck on the splash screen: OK, I recently 'upgraded' my windows 7 to windows 10. It was working fine since Christmas, then today it just freezes on the windows 10 splash screen, which as I'm sure you can guess is incredibly annoying, any help would be awesome, thanks in advance 35508

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo t410 when installing windows it hangs on splash screen then starts to load and then computer restarts

2. lenovo stuck at splash screen desktop

3. lenovo pc stuck on splash screeen

4. reformatting Lenovo M910s stuck at installing windows