Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on my W7 laptop. The install went well, no problems to report. Since then my broadband speed has suffered badly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by brushyblue, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow

I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on my W7 laptop. The install went well, no problems to report.

Since then my broadband speed has suffered badly. I've just tested the speed - the download speed is 1.6mbps and upload speed 0.29mbps.

It's not just my laptop suffering, we have four Android devices that are also crawling.

Any ideas would be welcome.

:)

brushyblue, Aug 9, 2015
  2. savra13 Win User

Slow internet connectivity in Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Since foolishly upgrading to Windows 10 my internet speed is much slower...ie it drags, uploads very slowly, gets stuck....HELP! How do I go back to the speed I had before on Windows 8.1? I am using IE 11.....

Original title:slow speed, slow download, dragging after upgrade to windows 10

savra13, Aug 9, 2015
  3. what is C3-01 v7.5 changelog?

My mobile 's internet speed was very slow, after the upgrade its awesome,,,

vishnu4net, Aug 9, 2015
  4. ShowsOn Win User

Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow

Are you using a wifi connection? This could be caused by a bad wifi driver. So perhaps try installing the Windows 8.1 driver from the manufacturer's website.

ShowsOn, Aug 9, 2015
  5. I've contacted my broadband supplier and they changed the channel on my router. It seems to be working absolutely fine now. I hope this helps someone else.

brushyblue, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Hello - thank you - I went through every single driver yesterday and downloaded everything that was out of date. I completely exhausted that line *Smile

brushyblue, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow

1. Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow - Similar Threads - upgrade internet speed

2. Internet speed is very slow in edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed is very slow in edge: Recently i faced a very fu*king disgusting problem . My internet speed specially download speed is good enough but in edge it cant even cross 20kb/ps where my actual speed is nearly 50mb/ps . Please help me fast , i have some very important work !!...
  3. Very Slow Download Speed but Fast Internet

Very Slow Download Speed but Fast Internet: Hello, yesterday I posted a question which was fixed but only lasted a couple minutes, then the problem came back. My download speed is stuck on 2MB/s but I used to get around 20MB/s, and my internet speed is around 160mbps. According to the reply from the previous question I...
  4. My internet speed is very slow in windows 10

My internet speed is very slow in windows 10: I don't know but from few days I am experiencing very slow internet speed but I can transfer file at high in my other system but internet only working very slow...
  5. After windows update internet speed is very slow

After windows update internet speed is very slow: Hi Team, Recently i have updated Windows 10 ( Auto-update), after that iam experiencing slowness in my internet connection, The internet speed on laptop is not even touching more than 10 Mbps And from my mobile handset it goes upto 30 Mbps. My laptop network adapter...
  6. Windows 10 (Home) Very Slow Internet Speeds (WiFi + Ethernet)

Windows 10 (Home) Very Slow Internet Speeds (WiFi + Ethernet): I have a custom gaming PC I built about 3 years ago. Nothing extraordinary. I have done some slight upgrades over the years (950 to 1060 6GB, PCI wireless card). The motherboard is not wireless capable, hence the PCI wireless card. I'd also like to state that I am far from...
  7. WiFi very slow while Internet speed is fast

WiFi very slow while Internet speed is fast: I have 3 Windows 10 machines, including one laptop/tablet. I can get Internet download speeds of 63 mbps and upload speeds of 11 mbps on my laptop using a 802.11N connection with a DLink DIR-842 router. The router's specs are AC1200 Speeds (up to 300Mbps on 2.4GHz and 867Mbps...
  8. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10: Can anybody solve this one? After upgrading to Ten, my Internet speed plunged from 18 MBPS down to barely over 1 MBPS. It's specific to Windows 10, and here's I know: I reverted back to Windows 8.1 and my net speed returned to normal. A week later, I upgraded to Ten again...
  9. Internet connection very slow, speed normal.

Internet connection very slow, speed normal.: Running version 11099 6a bit Pro Firefox Avast premium Router Asus AC1900 Please note system specs are for another computer. Firefox is running at it's normal speed but when I try to connect to ANY website it seems to take forever to connect. My wife's laptop...
  10. Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10

Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10: Hi hope somebody can help. Since upgrading to windows 10 my internet speed on my Packard Bell PC has dropped to almost nothing, less than 1mb. Before upgrade it was around 76mb. All my other laptops, tablets etc are getting good wifi speeds. When I use a ethernet connection...