Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade issues...

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade issues... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, I just have a few general issues that I am reporting. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 latest release. Here are the things I have encountered so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tandtmah, Aug 6, 2015.

1. tandtmah Win User

Windows 10 upgrade issues...

Hello All,
    I just have a few general issues that I am reporting. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 latest release. Here are the things I have encountered so far:

1. Not able to join my existing HomeGroup (I have 6 home computers currently on the same HomeGroup). I essentially had to create a new homeGroup and rejoin all of my other PC's. I could not resolve this issue.

2. Settings stopped working. I could not bring up the settings page. I would click on settings and nothing would happen. I eventually rebooted to resolve this.

3. When there is only one user logged on I can not Switch users. Ctrl-Alt-delete only gives me 3 choices: Sign-out, Lock and Shutdown. The other users DO NOT appear on the lower left hand of the screen. Clicking on the start button and then the current user icon gives me the same 3 choices (Sign-out, Lock and Shutdown). Windows button + L is the same. The only way I can see the Switch users option is IF there are 2 users already signed in. Then all switch users options appear.

4. I had to reinstall my Logitech web cam drivers because the upgrade messed up my Skype microphone settings. It reverted back to the internal sound card mic from the Logitech web cam mike. The only fix was to reinstall my web cam drivers.

If anyone has any suggestions for number 3. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Terry

:)

tandtmah, Aug 6, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Missing Operating System after Windows 10 download

Is there anywhere to download replacement OS for Windows 7 Home Premium? Mine crashed on Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade frustration, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade issues...

1. Windows 10 upgrade issues... - Similar Threads - upgrade issues

2. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  3. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  4. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with...: If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with security update not installing be fixed, or do i still need to expand my recovery partition?...
  6. If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with...

If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with...: If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with security update not installing be fixed, or do i still need to expand my recovery partition?...
  7. Windows 10 to 11 upgrade issue - CPU supported yes or no ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to 11 upgrade issue - CPU supported yes or no ?: HiI have a PC with the i7-770HQ CPU running Windows 10 22H2.All system requirements needed in order to update to Windows 11 are met but the CPU, this is the result of the "PC Helth Check" .But that CPU is listed here as a supported...
  8. Windows 10 to 11 upgrade issue - CPU supported yes or no ?

Windows 10 to 11 upgrade issue - CPU supported yes or no ?: HiI have a PC with the i7-770HQ CPU running Windows 10 22H2.All system requirements needed in order to update to Windows 11 are met but the CPU, this is the result of the "PC Helth Check" .But that CPU is listed here as a supported...
  9. Windows 10 to 11 upgrade issue - CPU supported yes or no ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. File Explorer issues since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer issues since upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,I have seen this issue being reported in many similar forms, however none of the solutions have fixed this issue for me. It seems especially weird since it seems like a major bug that has persisted for over a year I am completely updated.In my experience, the issue is...