Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade issues...

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade issues... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, I just have a few general issues that I am reporting. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 latest release. Here are the things I have encountered so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tandtmah, Aug 6, 2015.

1. tandtmah Win User

Windows 10 upgrade issues...

Hello All,
    I just have a few general issues that I am reporting. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 latest release. Here are the things I have encountered so far:

1. Not able to join my existing HomeGroup (I have 6 home computers currently on the same HomeGroup). I essentially had to create a new homeGroup and rejoin all of my other PC's. I could not resolve this issue.

2. Settings stopped working. I could not bring up the settings page. I would click on settings and nothing would happen. I eventually rebooted to resolve this.

3. When there is only one user logged on I can not Switch users. Ctrl-Alt-delete only gives me 3 choices: Sign-out, Lock and Shutdown. The other users DO NOT appear on the lower left hand of the screen. Clicking on the start button and then the current user icon gives me the same 3 choices (Sign-out, Lock and Shutdown). Windows button + L is the same. The only way I can see the Switch users option is IF there are 2 users already signed in. Then all switch users options appear.

4. I had to reinstall my Logitech web cam drivers because the upgrade messed up my Skype microphone settings. It reverted back to the internal sound card mic from the Logitech web cam mike. The only fix was to reinstall my web cam drivers.

If anyone has any suggestions for number 3. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Terry

:)

tandtmah, Aug 6, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Missing Operating System after Windows 10 download

Is there anywhere to download replacement OS for Windows 7 Home Premium? Mine crashed on Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade frustration, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade issues...

1. Windows 10 upgrade issues... - Similar Threads - upgrade issues

2. Windows 10 upgrade issues with error during boot operation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade issues with error during boot operation.: I have Windows 7 ultimate installed with a dual boot option with Centos 7 in my desktop. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 now. I tried to installed more than 2 times and everytime getting the same error 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation failed in the Safe_OS...
  3. Logon password issue after upgrade to 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logon password issue after upgrade to 1903: Hi, Finally got around upgrading my stand-alone W10 PRO box to build 1903. Upgrade went smoothly, as I expected. However...... After the upgrade I'm allowed to login ONE TIME using my password that I've been using eversince the inception of Windows 7 (and even before...
  4. issues with windows upgrade 1903 - what's the latest

issues with windows upgrade 1903 - what's the latest: have read lots of issues with upgrade 1903. my new computer wants to upgrade to this. will it erase all the setting changes I have made since first ran the computer? how long will it take to upgrade itself? other issues? its been awhile since this upgrade came out last...
  5. Issue upgrading from Windows 10 1803 to 1903

Issue upgrading from Windows 10 1803 to 1903: Hello, I'm trying to update to 1903 before support ends for 1803. I keep running into an issue where my update will run fine until the update reaches 60% and then fails as "Windows could not configure one more components" and I have to restart, after which it rolls back the...
  6. Norton Security 'silent' (in the background) upgrade issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Security 'silent' (in the background) upgrade issue: Desktop PC OS is Windows 10 Home (64-bit) v1903, updated to build 18362.356 on 11th Sept 2019, with Norton Security installed. A week later, on 18th September, my OS began showing that Norton Security Antivirus (NS AV) is turned OFF (although it is actually ON) and Windows...
  7. Issues Upgrading from Windows 10 1803 to 1903

Issues Upgrading from Windows 10 1803 to 1903: So I am having issues with upgrading to 1903. I have tried installing from the an ISO. I disabled my network adapters and turned off my third party antivirus and malware programs. I get to 60 percent, after multiple restarts, and get the error "Windows could not configure one...
  8. Memory issues after upgrading from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 single language

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory issues after upgrading from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 single language: I am using Sony VAIO laptop with 4GB Internal + 8GB Added memory. After upgrading to Windows 10, around 30%(3.8 GB) of RAM memory gets filled even in idle condition without opening any programs or applications. I ran the Windows memory diagnostic, it shows no issues. But...
  9. Issues with the Windows 10 upgrades (1903)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with the Windows 10 upgrades (1903): Recently I updated my laptop to the latest version. After the installation was completed i hit the button to restart. After restarting I faced a critical issue which was the password box isn't working. I went to youtube to find a solution for this but none of them fixed it....
  10. Surface Pro 6 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 6 Upgrade Issue: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store but then Surface Pro upgraded to Enterprise and now says it is not activated. The order itself says Windows 10 Pro upgrade. So I am unsure what to do to correct this issue? Has anyone had this issue in the past?...